The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Fa sho:

2 (15oz) cans of White Kidney Beans (Cannellini) (drained and rinsed)
2 lbs ground beef
2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green)
1 1/2c chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1-2 tbsp minced jalapeno peppers
2 (14.5oz) cans of diced tomatoes
1 (14.5oz) can of tomato sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper

I have to give this one a go when I get back from vacation

Made this today tell me what you think and how i can improve it. I loved it
Chicken and Mixed Vegetable Stir fry w/ brown rice
Ingredients:
1 Small Chopped Onion
1 Small Red/Green pepper (any color will do)
1 Stick of celery
1 Chicken Cooked* breast (grilled/broiled/boiled, NOT fried)
1 Cup mixed beans ( I used Kidney, Chick and some small white beans)
1 Cup boiled brown rice (or more if you plan on making future meals)
1/4 of a head of broccoli
4 Stalks Asparagus
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Can be substitued for Canola)
1 Clove garlic
1 Cup Spinach

Prep: Preheat stove to Med heat and combine olive oil and chopped garlic and wait till it gets hot.

Step 1: Boil the rice and let it sit while you cook your vegetables. (Rice takes 15-30 minutes to cook)
Step 2: Chop your vegetables so that the pieces are the same size so they all more or less cook at the same time
Step 3: Combine vegetables in a pan and stir occasionally
Step 4: Cook vegetables until semi tender/semi hard. (you dont want to cook the vegetables to much that it cooks all the nutrients out of them)
Step 5: Once the Vegetables are almost done add the beans and spinach and cook only for another 1-2 minutes. (When cooking spinach its very easy to kill all the nutrients so thats why we add them last)
Step 6: Either combine the rice and vegetables or place the vegetables on top and ENJOY!

P.s. You can also cut up fruit and put that with the brown rice with some honey on top for the morning or for desert.
P.s.s. Steam the broccoli and asparagus before hand if you want to cut down on cooking time

I'm looking for a good (maybe decent?) pizza crust recipe. I tried the cauliflower crust and it was... ok. Then I tried a soy flour recipe I found on food network and it was... not really ok. I'm thinking about giving the pork rind recipe a go this weekend, since I was pleasantly surprised by the pork rind pancakes.

i can't remember the recipe but i had my wife mess around with it. basically your using 3 different kinds of cheese, mozzerella, and... shit i can't even remember right now but i'll figure it out and post it up. you bake it on a glass dish then add to it whatever you want on your pizza. it made amazing tasting pizzas but as you can probably guess they were SUPER greasy.

Thanks OhNoZ. I tried playing around with a pork rind crust and it ended up being the least palatable of the bunch. I actually threw it away. (I still love my pork rind pancakes though!) At this point, I'm about to resign myself to using low carb tortillas. I made a pizza tonight with one that was pretty good. I tried to crisp it up a bit in a frying pan before topping it and sticking it under the broiler. My only other thought is to try some version of parmesan crisps. I found this from Alton Brown:

Parmesan Crisps

Ingredients

* 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano
* Freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika, or cayenne, optional

Directions

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

Grate cheese on the small hole side of a 4-sided box grater into a small bowl. Using a tablespoon measure, place cheese in mounds onto a nonstick silicone pad or greased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten out mounds with the back of a spoon, making sure mounds are at least 4 inches apart. Season with pepper, paprika, or cayenne, if desired. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden.

I just did Pork Rind Crust again tonight. I love it.

I put cheese, garlic and italian seasoning in the crust, so if you're not doing that it might help.

I also found baking the crust for about 14 minutes is best for my results. Tonight's crust was spongy and firm, the slices were easy to hold.

2me1wk7.jpg

I just did Pork Rind Crust again tonight. I love it.

I put cheese, garlic and italian seasoning in the crust, so if you're not doing that it might help.

I also found baking the crust for about 14 minutes is best for my results. Tonight's crust was spongy and firm, the slices were easy to hold.

2me1wk7.jpg

I tried asking before but I don't think you noticed, how many ounces are 1 bag of pork rinds? The standard one at my grocery is 5oz, I just want to double check before I attempt this.

I tried asking before but I don't think you noticed, how many ounces are 1 bag of pork rinds? The standard one at my grocery is 5oz, I just want to double check before I attempt this.

I made the pizza last night with a 4 ounce bag.

I made the pizza last night with a 4 ounce bag.

Thanks! Your pictures have inspired me. Hopefully I can replicate some of your pictures, they look delicious. Is there a particular pizza sauce you use? I know some are lower in carbs than others.

Thanks! Your pictures have inspired me. Hopefully I can replicate some of your pictures, they look delicious. Is there a particular pizza sauce you use? I know some are lower in carbs than others.

I think both times it was Ragu pizza sauces but not sure.

1/4 cup = 5 carbs. That covered an entire 10 inch pizza, which I ate in two meals over two days.

Can't overstate the importance of letting the crust cool after it's baked. You need to let it sit for at least 10 minutes. It's ready to go in with the toppings and broil when it feels spongy and firm to the touch.

stole this and adapted from muscle cooking chef.
high protein fudge bars makes 5
8 scoops choc protein powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup ground linseed, pumpkin seed and almonds (LSA)
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp crushed peanuts

basically mix all together except peanuts
form into bars , approx 5
add crushed peanuts and place in fridge for 30 mins

original recipe did not have LSA it had a full cup of oatmeal

thinking of buying the muscle cook book by dave ruel and if theres any decent ones il add em to this thread unless someone already has it and would like to share

stole this and adapted from muscle cooking chef.
high protein fudge bars makes 5
8 scoops choc protein powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup ground linseed, pumpkin seed and almonds (LSA)
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp crushed peanuts

basically mix all together except peanuts
form into bars , approx 5
add crushed peanuts and place in fridge for 30 mins

original recipe did not have LSA it had a full cup of oatmeal

thinking of buying the muscle cook book by dave ruel and if theres any decent ones il add em to this thread unless someone already has it and would like to share

I think some people are confusing this thread with the other recipe thread. I've got some low-carb spicy pulled pork in the slow-cooker as we speak, I'll post the ingredients if it turns out well.

Yeah, that recipe is the opposite of low carb.

well i made it and measured it and it came up to 12 grams of carbs per serve, hardly zero carbs but still low wouldnt you say

well i made it and measured it and it came up to 12 grams of carbs per serve, hardly zero carbs but still low wouldnt you say

Makes 5 servings and 12 grams carbs per serving? You're counting wrong, 17 grams carbs per tbsn honey + 30 grams for standard oats and you're at 81 total, add milk, pb to that. Anyways, over 16 grams per serving of a small protein bar when low carb would have some people aiming for less than 30grams in a day = not really a low carb recipe.

Can we get some more recipes in here?

I need to make Sinister's signature chili tomorrow...

Update: The chili is in the crock pot. Been in there for about 30 mins and smells awesome.

Common guys, lets see some more recipes. I can only eat so much bacon, eggs, and cheese.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorites that has been mentioned but not posted yet.

Low Carb Pancakes

1175.jpg

* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 of a 3-oz bag of unflavored pork rinds
* 3 packets of Splenda (or other sugar alternative)
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 dash nutmeg

Crumble pork rinds until they resemble bread crumbs.

In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy then add remaining ingredients and continue to beat until well mixed. Add pork rinds to the egg/cream mixture and set aside for 5 minutes to allow batter to thicken.

Cook on a lightly greased skillet as you would any pancake recipe. Drop batter on surface large spoonfuls. Cook until each side is lightly browned.

Serve with butter and a low-carb store bought syrup. Or for an interesting low-carb topping, mix 1 Tablespoon of sugar-free jam with 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons water and microwave for 45 seconds.

I process three or four bags of pork rinds at a time and store them in a ziplock in the freezer for ease of use.

Here is a recipe from a guy called 'ziggy256' over at the BodyRecomposition forums that is so good I had to share.

Chicken breast pizza
Ingredients
1.2-1.4lbs of lean chicken breast
Any thing you want to put ontop of your pizza. I tend to use tomato paste, spinach, onions and a low carb-high protein cheese.

How to
Cut up your chicken breasts into cube like shapes and put into a blender. Add some salt and pepper and blend until it is like mince, if not thinner.
Put some baking paper onto a tray and wet your hands. Now, take the minced chicken and press it out to resemble a pizza base.
Put the tray into the oven. You want to cook for about 15-20 minutes depending on how hot you have put your oven too, (I tend to put mine to 220degrees celcius). I check it every 5-10 minutes to remove any water that has come to the surface of the pizza.
You want to cook it until the top is slightly golden brown.
Remove base from oven and apply your toppings, cook again until the toppings are at a desired level (usually takes 5-10 minutes) and serve.

Don't worry about the chicken falling apart, it doesn't. Tastes exactly like a normal pizza, is absolutely amazing.

^Get out of my brain, I been craving pizza like a sumbitch and my lady is also allergic to gluten. There's ONE place that has decent gluten-free pizza in this town and they tend to undercook it, and even then, it's still carb-heavy.

We're gonna have to have a go at this.

Back