The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Anyone remember this? This is so dope.

Ok I didnt know how to feel about Kids See Ghosts after the first listen. Loved 1,3,5,6,7 on a first listen with 5 being my favorite because it sounds like MOTM Cudi.

Kanye saved up all his good verses for this album it seems.

On a second listen, I love it as a whole. I think this is gonna be a classic. Kanye and Cudi pushing hiphop again.

I can't really see myself going back to ye or Daytona with how much I like Kids See Ghosts. Free is the only bad song on the album. And I don't really expect Nas' album to really compete with the others.

Daytona is the most realized of the three

Ye is really half baked

KSG is as good as a Kid Cudi album in 2017 is going to be

Nas is the best rapper alive and if Kanye's beats gel with him it's going to make something really special

Kanye's verse on the closing track of KSG is his best in I don't know how many years

Can't stop listening to RTJ. Gonna see them at the end of the month so i'm mad hyped.

Daytona is the most realized of the three

Ye is really half baked

KSG is as good as a Kid Cudi album in 2017 is going to be

Nas is the best rapper alive and if Kanye's beats gel with him it's going to make something really special
Daytona is the most boring of the three.

Its quality but something about it isnt that appealing to me.
I love Hell Hath No Fury, and My Name is My Name, but the album doesnt have Numbers on the Boards or anything close to it.

Ye and KSG are far more boundary pushing. Ye has some of the best verses hes ever had since Saint Pablo on KSG, and musically KSG and Ye >> Daytona.

However I dont think I could ever hear or say "If You Know You Know" the same way again after hearing Pusha.

I fucking love Reborn and Cudi Montage, seems straight out of MOTM and PPDS. I fucking LOVE Ghost Town, All Mine, Yikes, Violent Crimes and I thought about killing you.

Cant really say the same for Pusha's, outside of Santaria and the intro.

I'm surprised Fantano gave KSG a 10. I enjoyed the album but was not in love with it.

I had a moment where I felt truly old on Saturday. I had read all the positive reaction about KSG and gave it a listen in the whip, subs and all, on my way to UFC 225 with an open mind. "Surely its better than Ye" I thought.....

I didn't like it one bit, to the point where I won't even bother giving it a second listen. I guess I just don't know what good music (no pun intended) is anymore. I'm at peace with it. People calling it a classic and I didnt like a single track. Must be me.

Vacation in Hell is still album of the year to me thus far.

Last edited:

mj-laughing.gif

Last edited:
Daytona is the most boring of the three.

Its quality but something about it isnt that appealing to me.
I love Hell Hath No Fury, and My Name is My Name, but the album doesnt have Numbers on the Boards or anything close to it.

Ye and KSG are far more boundary pushing. Ye has some of the best verses hes ever had since Saint Pablo on KSG, and musically KSG and Ye >> Daytona.

However I dont think I could ever hear or say "If You Know You Know" the same way again after hearing Pusha.

I fucking love Reborn and Cudi Montage, seems straight out of MOTM and PPDS. I fucking LOVE Ghost Town, All Mine, Yikes, Violent Crimes and I thought about killing you.

Cant really say the same for Pusha's, outside of Santaria and the intro.

The Ye project sounds like shit. It literally sounds like a bunch of demos that hadn't been cleaned up yet.

Daytona is miles ahead of MNIMN, which had two good tracks on it.

The Ye project sounds like shit. It literally sounds like a bunch of demos that hadn't been cleaned up yet.

Daytona is miles ahead of MNIMN, which had two good tracks on it.

Music is subjective, how bout dah?!

We'll see which album is talked about more in the coming years and which album has more influence etc.

MNIMN>Daytona and enjoyed it more on a first listen.

Ye >>>>>> Daytona.

Music is subjective, how bout dah?!

We'll see which album is talked about more in the coming years and which album has more influence etc.

MNIMN>Daytona and enjoyed it more on a first listen.

Ye >>>>>> Daytona.

Nobody is going to be talking about Ye this time next year. It's even more forgettable than Pablo, his last record of any lasting value or resonance was Yeezus. That was his swansong.

Back