The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

New Slaves is a remix of the keys on Goon Gumpas and the rattling spacey kick-drum on Corrugated Tubing.

I didn't say there is no RDJ influence, believe me I am very aware of it, but Arca's industrial club sound is more present imo. But I don't think the fact that Kanye is pulling in influences as varied as Fingers Inc., RDJ, and Throbbing Gristle is a bad thing. It's good.

I didn't say there is no RDJ influence, believe me I am very aware of it, but Arca's industrial club sound is more present imo. But I don't think the fact that Kanye is pulling in influences as varied as Fingers Inc., RDJ, and Throbbing Gristle is a bad thing. It's good.

I think it's an ambient house record more than an industrial one.

Literally the outro to Hold My Liquor.

On Sight, Send It Up, I’m In It have strong industrial influence imo along with acid House ofc.

Pusha T "The Story Of Adidon"

Pusha T - Santeria

2 Chainz - PROUD ft. YG, Offset

E-40 & B-Legit - Boy

Flatbush Zombies – “U&I” (Feat. Dia) One of the most underrated rap groups today

Tee Grizzley – 2 Vaults (I hate Lil Yachty...but I love Detroit rap sound)

Arca's industrial club sound is more present imo
Didnt Arca work on like 9 tracks on the album? I believe youre right, Daft Punk and many other European electronic artists worked on the album and Kanye conducted them to suit his vision and worked out well imo. I dont think we've even started to hear the influence of Yeezus. Its so far ahead of its time, I believe industrial/electronic sound in hiphop is gonna be more present in hiphop in the future.

I dont hear it at all. This one is more uptempo whilst the HML sounds more moodier and harrowing.

I dont hear it at all. This one is more uptempo whilst the HML sounds more moodier and harrowing.

The feeling of the song is entirely different but the sonic bed is basically a ctrl+c ctrl+v job.

Hopefully new Busdriver is good. Such a unique style.

New Slaves is a remix of the keys on Goon Gumpas and the rattling spacey kick-drum on Corrugated Tubing.

Aphex twin is so dope.
I will admit i haven't heard any of his shit in a while.
But, window licker is one of my favorite songs ever.
Especially the video with the whole intro.

The feeling of the song is entirely different but the sonic bed is basically a ctrl+c ctrl+v job.
I guess if anyone uses drums then its ctrl +c, ctrl+v of some other song. I just dont hear it.

He's collab'ed with a lot of talented people like Anderson.Paak. But, his style is boring.

I mostly agree, but he's had some moments of brilliance that keeps me checking back in every once in a while. His latest song is awful though.

Last edited:
I mostly agree, but he's had some moments of brilliance that keeps me checking back in every once in a while. His latest song is awful though.

I listened to this just because you said it was awful, I thought I didnt understand what Young Thug says a majority of the time but this guy beats him.

Seems something different imo, not awful but I can see people liking this, Its not bad imo, seems new and unique imo.

I listened to this just because you said it was awful, I thought I didnt understand what Young Thug says a majority of the time but this guy beats him.

Seems something different imo, not awful but I can see people liking this, Its not bad imo, seems new and unique imo.

That's an old song that I like. This is the one he just released

He's an odd rapper. Really unique even though all his songs are basically about the same thing. Just a strange voice and flow and really abstract lyrics about how awesome he is and how bad the mainstream is. He's best when he's at that frenetic flow like his most famous song Imaginary Places.

Last edited:
That's an old song that I like. This is the one he just released

He's an odd rapper. Really unique even though all his songs are basically about the same thing. Just a strange voice and flow and really abstract lyrics about how awesome he is and how bad the mainstream is. He's best when he's at that frenetic flow like his most famous song Imaginary Places.

To me it sounds better than the first, both have this weird mix thing going on but I guess its an artistic choice.

KIDS SEE GHOST album cover
8LG3ba.jpg

{<redford}

by Murakami, same guy that Kanye enlisted to do the art for Graduation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back