The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Ever since RoosterShooter dipped off the boards, the dialogue on Hip-Hop has dwindled significantly everywhere, nothing in the 'berry, P&M or the Plats. WTF?!? Hip-Hop/Rap is the most popular genre of music today and NOTHING?!?!

Most of those threads were flamewars but hey this is just a thread to post what you're listening to and small talk/banter.

CyHi The Prynce is pretty damn underrated.

It bumps in the whip

All straight garbage! Garbage message, poisoning the minds of kids who actually live in the areas they rap about (from the comfort of their suburban homes).

My boy Bizzle got somethin' for y'all...TRUTH MUSIC!!!

Excerpts from #Not4Sale by Bizzle:

Surrounded by a bunch of gustos' out of low cash
But I ain't selling my soul or my notepad
What you want me to do? Promote crack
Figured they wouldn't reject the noose if the rope black

So you make one a dealer make the rest fiends
Make one a millionaire make the rest bleed

Wanna see us hanging a few good guys
Sit 'em in a Bent-Coup and make the noose look fly
I can't do it, I know what it feel like
Tryna fit a rap fantasy into my real life
Got a couple real homies doing real time
Tryna eat now they being told when it's meal time

What you want me to do? Stunt on errbody
Fake it till I make it and front on errbody

Make 'em feel low, cause they don't got what I got
Like they ain't on my level, cause they don't rock what I rock

Tell 'em that I live a life they should wanna kill fo'
Steal fo' that's what you gettin' new jails built fo'
That's how you pick and choose who the record deal's fo'
First one to tap dance, do a lil' heel-toe

All straight garbage! Garbage message, poisoning the minds of kids who actually live in the areas they rap about (from the comfort of their suburban homes).

My boy Bizzle got somethin' for y'all...TRUTH MUSIC!!!

The only real Bizzle is Lethal Bizzle

Lol,I definitely wasn't expecting to see him posted, complete luck haha. I'm a huge fan of that YouTube Channel though (The Cypher Effect). They showcase a lot of talented underground Rappers.

I've never heard of it before but I'll definitely have to check it out now. Thanks!

Lol,I definitely wasn't expecting to see him posted, complete luck haha. I'm a huge fan of that YouTube Channel though (The Cypher Effect). They showcase a lot of talented underground Rappers.
Check out Tha Realness and Kinda Neat too. Great underground hip-hop posted there.

Billy Woods released an LP last year and I missed it too wtf??

Last edited:
Check out Tha Realness and Kinda Neat too. Great underground hip-hop posted there.

Billy Woods released an LP last year and I missed it too wtf??

I'm not familiar with the first one but I've seen some Kinda Neat vids. I just remembered to subscribe to them imo. Both of those videos were quality, the first track had some nice boom bap production. Good find.

Let me know what you think of these guys. They do Cyphers mainly (I"ll share some of my faves later) but they release a lot of songs and film music videos as well.

I also just got into Billy Woods, another solid MC from the Underground. I listened to History will Absolve me a few weeks ago, need to listen to Dour Candy and the rest of his discography.

Just discovered these guys thanks to Myke C Town.

MOTHERFUCK GOOGLE!

Last edited:
Was revisiting this album a few days ago.

Pharoahe is a legit shredder on the mic.

this new Aesop Rock is fucking amazing

Loving the new Death Grips album Bottomless Pit Shit is banana's.

Last edited:
Back