The Official Fifa World Cup thread v6: Last Minute Winner Edition

Who advances to the knockouts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't pretend to know much about soccer but that James pass/assist was crazy. The ball damn near made a U-turn mid-flight.

When Nigeria finishes off Argentina, put me down for England, Spain, Mexico and Colombia in who I want to win unless Neymar gets injured and can't play and GOATinho gets to lead Brasil.

Nainggolan has been transferred to Inter from Roma.

He doesn't look happy.

damn, when did this happen? I been so out of the loop last couple of weeks.

@Rawex catch me up on the NHL offseason and draft. I saw you tagged me in some NHL dealings but my internet sucked so bad on the ship I couldnt really see what is what.

@Rawex catch me up on the NHL offseason and draft. I saw you tagged me in some NHL dealings but my internet sucked so bad on the ship I couldnt really see what is what.
Dahlin went first (no suprise there). Habs went for a center (finnish kid) nr 3. Habs fans seem to be happy about the entire draft.
Islanders with 2 nice picks in first round. Pens did well too (according to guys in the NHL thread). Sharks picked a guy in first round that is rumoured to have an attitude, should be interesting to see how E. Kane reacts to him. Ilya Kovalchuk to Kings, 3 years on 6.25m contract.

And outside the draft, Habs traded Alex Galchenyuk for Max Domi. Tavares meeting with 5 teams to decide where he goes. Barry Trotz left Caps and signed with Islanders.

Dahlin went first (no suprise there). Habs went for a center (finnish kid) nr 3. Habs fans seem to be happy about the entire draft.
Islanders with 2 nice picks in first round. Pens did well too (according to guys in the NHL thread). Sharks picked a guy in first round that is rumoured to have an attitude, should be interesting to see how E. Kane reacts to him. Ilya Kovalchuk to Kings, 3 years on 6.25m contract.

And outside the draft, Habs traded Alex Galchenyuk for Max Domi. Tavares meeting with 5 teams to decide where he goes. Barry Trotz left Caps and signed with Islanders.

Thanks bud, I had only known about a couple of those. Very interesting. Still seems pretty quiet overall though. Icandlers making moves. If they resign Tavares they could make noise in the upcoming years.

tenor.gif

damn, when did this happen? I been so out of the loop last couple of weeks.
It's been in the works for the past 2 or so weeks.

Serie A transfers been wild during WC.

Confirmed: Nainggolan to Inter, Jorginho to Man City, Santon to Roma, Kluivert to Roma, Perin to Juve, Can to Juve, Cancelo to Juve and Buffon to PSG.

Thanks bud, I had only known about a couple of those. Very interesting. Still seems pretty quiet overall though. Icandlers making moves. If they resign Tavares they could make noise in the upcoming years.

tenor.gif
https://www.nhl.com/news/2018-nhl-draft-team-reviews/c-299252092
Also Calgary Flames acquire forward Elias Lindholm and defenseman Noah Hanifin from Carolina Hurricanes for forward Micheal Ferland, defenseman Dougie Hamilton and defenseman Adam Fox
Hurricanes making good moves imo (atlest on paper). Improving their dmen and they do have alot of young guys upfront. Could use another elite dman perhaps.

Hey if Mexico can beat Germany, Habs just might make to it playoffs.

(and then get swept by the Bruins in the first round. Not that i want Bruins to go on a deep run but them sweeping Habs is funny)

@Clear Winner busy with the young lad, havent seen you around much outside Nigeria games?

Yeah bro, these lil ones keep you busy. eenkicking it with my friends who have had kids recently too. BBQs and beers with them while the kids cause mischief. Good times!

How the hell did these amateurs even qualify?
CONCACAF.

Aside from Mejico, no one else in the confederation matters, no even the US, sorry.

They should give CONCACAF one World Cup spot and award the other to CONMEBOL.

Chile didn't qualify, but they would do far better than Panama did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back