The Official Fifa World Cup thread v5: We go Agane

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard luck Costa Rica.
I could near say this has been the worst match of the lot I've seen simply because of the flopping around out there.

Have missed a couple of matches tho
Coutinho!!

Great goal. Brazil deserve to win this.

Gotta hand it to Neymar though. He isn't fit and he isnt on form but he's totally running this game.

That's more than u can say about the rest of the "superstars" in this tournament.
Think you meant ruining

FUCK.

It legit hinders the sport from growing, as crazy as that sounds; in NA here. We'll have it on at the pub and ppl who've no idea about it will be watching and the biggest thing they'll always take away, even if it's a great match (high scoring for NA eyes etc) is the flamboyant diving with little to no contact. It's fucking vexing and embarrassing

The sport doesn't really need to grow though. It's already as big as it needs to get. I actually enjoyed it a bit more before the money in football exploded during the 00'es.

Anyway, look at Neymar crying after the game. He was a bit of a c*nt for 90 some minutes, but in that image you can kind of see why. The pressure on the top guys from the most passionate nations is intense. Neymar and Messi almost literally walk around with the weight of their nations on their shoulders.

The sport doesn't really need to grow though. It's already as big as it needs to get. I actually enjoyed it a bit more before the money in football exploded during the 00'es.

Anyway, look at Neymar crying after the game. He was a bit of a c*nt for 90 some minutes, but in that image you can kind of see why. The pressure on the top guys from the most passionate nations is intense. Neymar and Messi almost literally walk around with the weight of their nations on their shoulders.
Yeah I feel like if it got any bigger than it already is it would just be a bit silly, it'd need a chair at the UN Security Council or something

Douglas Costa is much better than Willian, should be starting going forward

Catalans too*

catalonia-e1334218779679.jpg

<seedat>

<mma4>

What about?

tumblr_p9e1lrPxG01tf8a5ao1_1280.gif

Even more, the dives need to be revised afterwards by a committee imparting serious penalties of several games - and only the Premier League can lead the way. With that and the VAR we could start to see proper , fair games

At least in the prem, the overacting isn't as bad, because the press will have it out for you and the refs start to not give you calls. I suppose that'sa reason why it's the most popular league.

Nice edit mate, Mane clearly poked him in the eye (if you watch the entire footage).

I knew you'd pop up, brother Rawex. I could make a film out of the amount of thuggery and fass behaviour Ramos has displayed. I'd want him on my team, but he's a knob.

Anyway, don't you have a pint of vodka to drink?

<DisgustingHHH>

Yeap in Australia where our main sport involves brutal hits, people just can't get into it.

Just like America staying down isn't a option, un like in soccer it seems going down is the first option.

It's just out of control now have seen like 20+ dives in this game alone.

I'm up in Canada so alot of the lads, Canadian ones that'll watch a wee bit at the pubs etc are brought up playing hockey, so there's that similarity with physical sports as to you and Rugby or Aussie Rules. I totally get it.

Even more, the dives need to be revised afterwards by a committee imparting serious penalties of several games - and only the Premier League can lead the way. With that and the VAR we could start to see proper , fair games

We can only hope mate.

Catalans too*

<seedat>

Lol, well played.

That's why I said "as crazy as that sounds", was meaning it's expansion to other sports guys(n'gals) that will tune in etc but would be pretty much beyond playing. (in reference to the heads at the pub). And you'll hear about the diving every time at the spot.

The pressure on the top guys from the most passionate nations is intense.
That is also why especially Brazil is prone to mental breakdowns when suffering set backs in games.

Costa Rica played to draw, not win, a well deserved loss.

Yeah I feel like if it got any bigger than it already is it would just be a bit silly, it'd need a chair at the UN Security Council or something

It's great though. The fact that it means so much makes it more exciting. They're not trying to win for money, they already got plenty of that. They want to win for their country.

Coutinho!!

Great goal. Brazil deserve to win this.

Gotta hand it to Neymar though. He isn't fit and he isnt on form but he's totally running this game.

That's more than u can say about the rest of the "superstars" in this tournament.

You probably won't get much agreement but yeah I do think he was effective dispite not being on form, wasn't just looking to get on the end of everything and was effective in drawing a lot of defenders into him. Honestly I think in these kinds of games when your facing minnows with everyone behind the ball often the main advantage of a star player is that he draws more players into him and frees up space. The same happened last night with Messi but the difference there was nobody else used the space effectively, here I think Douglas Costa did so and should IMHO start ahead of WIllian who's looked pretty off form.

I really don't think reffing standards are helping either, breaking up play with deliberate fouls that's typically a yellow card has gone almost totally unpunished making it very hard to break quickly, you could see in this game Neymar was having to make sure he wasn't just going past people but going wide enough of them not to be fouled. Its meaning were getting even more ultra defencive games than normal with teams hoping for cheap VAR pen. You can love the underdog I spose but for me a team like Iran are just anti football, the equivalent of Jon Jones eyepokes in MMA.

yay finally got internet on this boat.

Diving has been top notch at this WC I must say.

still haven't found a team to root for, atleast with brazil I've found a team that I really want to see lose

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Neymar didnt made shit,made Coutinho get yellow carde´d

William was bad in the last world cup and was horrible again,the team didnt had an right flank til Douglas Costa replaced him and the team was balanced with both sides of the field

Firmino replacing Paulinho was necessary to the team starting to create close range opportunities in the attack

Defeated an not so good team but played way better than against Switzerland

Neymar trying to simulate a very bad acted penalty was cringe too,deserved an yellow card alone for this one also

the neymar who carried brazil in 2014 is the opposite of this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back