The Official Fifa World Cup 2018 thread v4: Harry Kane dah GAWD!!! Edition

Is Kane the greatest striker in world football right now?

• Yerrrrrrrrrrrr - DAH GAWD

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Nnnnuuuuuu

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i get randomly sentimental

what symptoms are you having?

when did they start??

Did anything bring them on?

Does anything make them worse???
Cough body aches, shitting my guts out.

Did Iran get fucked out of that point, or was that call legit. Yanks want to know.

Super agents set to battle against FIFA regulations as they consider legal challenge over proposed earnings cap

CHARLES SALE - SPORTS AGENDA: World football’s leading agents are pre- occupied by FIFA’s efforts to limit their vast earnings from the game while their clients are performing in Russia.

lol
---

'Ronaldo is on another level, he's out there on his own': Keane claims Portugal star has moved ahead of Messi

The debate over who the best player in the world is will continue to wage on, despite Roy Keane's best efforts as he gave his unreserved backing to former team-mate, Cristiano Ronaldo.

just seen highlights of the iran game

wtf was that fass doing with the throw ins?! LMFAO

silly cunt

guys a midget but he looks decent

Fuck you are dumb and Portugal will win the World Cup

y u bein a cunt to me for?

fuck you

i found that gif for you and you're acting like a dick

not in the mood for it tonight, suck your mum.

It remains to be seen who Jorge Sampaoli will pick to face Croatia, with the Argentina coach mulling over a number of selection options.

Jorge Sampaoli revealed his starting line-up early ahead of Argentina's opening World Cup game, but the coach insists he is still to decide on the XI to face Croatia in Nizhny Novgorod on Thursday.

Sampaoli surprisingly announced his team to face Iceland at a news conference 24 hours before that fixture, before claiming the move was not a sign of disrespect towards the Group D debutants.

Iceland duly held Argentina to a 1-1 draw, increasing the pressure on Lionel Messi and Co ahead of their second pool fixture.

In a news conference ahead of the meeting with Croatia, Sampaoli said: "I can't give you the line-up because we haven't decided it yet."

Argentina's experienced coach went on to discuss the main selection issues he is considering.

"The opposition have a huge variety of options, especially in attack, so we have to start with a certain plan but then remain flexible," Sampaoli added.

"The changes I make might reflect a change in system which might give us an added level of flexibility. What is most important for us is to be solid at the back so we can develop our attacks smoothly. We're also looking to be more efficient in the penalty box."

Having defended star man Lionel Messi over his failure to convert a penalty against Iceland, Sampaoli indicated the Barcelona forward was understandably central to his planning for the Croatia match.

"The idea is to find space in which Messi doesn't find himself surrounded. That's one of the main ideas we have as a team," he explained.

"If two or three players latch onto Messi, there will be other players who will be free. This will create spaces and opportunities, so we want to have players who can take advantage, as was the case with Iceland when there were a lot of players surrounding him.

"We hope we've hit the nail on the head in the last few days so Leo can use the quality he has and if he can't express himself hopefully the other players can."

FIFA has confirmed Mexico have been hit with a CHF 10,000 fine after fans were found to have made discriminatory chants against Germany.

The Mexican Football Federation (FMF) has been fined CHF 10,000 (£7,616) by FIFA in relation to "discriminatory and insulting chants" at the World Cup.

Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer appeared to be targeted by allegedly homophobic slurs as he prepared to take a goal-kick in the first half of a Group F encounter in Moscow.

Disciplinary proceedings were opened following Mexico's 1-0 win over the world champions, which came thanks to a goal from Hirving Lozano.

FIFA has now confirmed Mexico have been hit with a fine, although it noted the FMF's efforts in attempting to persuade fans to stop such chants.

"The decision was passed after a thorough assessment of the relevant match reports, the FMF's precedents and the evidence provided, which included videos of the incidents as well as examples of certain sustainable actions taken by the FMF to raise awareness among its supporters," FIFA said in a statement released on Wednesday.

"Moreover, the disciplinary committee gave a warning to the FMF, who may face additional sanctions in case of repeated infringements of this type."

Mexico are next in action against South Korea on Saturday, with striker Javier Hernandez calling on supporters not to use homophobic slurs again.

In addition, FIFA has fined the Serbian Football Association CHF 10,000.

FIFA confirmed the punishment was handed out for the display of an "offensive and political banner" by Serbian fans during their match against Costa Rica.

Sergio Ramos: In Argentina they know Maradona is far behind the best Argentine player of all-time, who in my opinion is Leo Messi.

<Huh2>

Edit: Sergio Ramosh*

*Thanks @BeeCee!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sergio Ramos: In Argentina they know Maradona is far behind the best Argentine player of all-time, who in my opinion is Leo Messi.

<Huh2>

Lmao Ramos troll level is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back