The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Goku has inferior genetics to Vegeta. Maybe he's just a late bloomer. When they were young, Vegeta was stronger. But recently they are roughly the same level.

so far the manga for the torny has been really good

Would you argue that if Vegeta and Goku were switched at birth that Vegeta would be infinitely stronger than Goku could ever hope to be?
I’m asking because someone who doesn’t have a potential for greatness will never be great no matter how much training they have.
You would agree with that, yes?
The part in red is a nonsense thought and it's surprising a MMA fan actually believes that

so far the manga for the torny has been really good

The manga does a great job explaining the abilities where the anime seems to purposely make things as vague as possible

A lot of fans probably don't know about the way Time Skip is handled in the manga. The stronger the opponent, the more ineffective Hit's Time Skip and since the gap between Jiren and Hit is so wide, Time Skip is a useless technique.

It was brutal seeing Hit get uppercut off the stage, though

The manga does a great job explaining the abilities where the anime seems to purposely make things as vague as possible

A lot of fans probably don't know about the way Time Skip is handled in the manga. The stronger the opponent, the more ineffective Hit's Time Skip and since the gap between Jiren and Hit is so wide, Time Skip is a useless technique.

It was brutal seeing Hit get uppercut off the stage, though
jiren played hit like a fiddle this chapter. tiger uppercuted him. would make sagat proud. I'd much rather have this fight in this chapter play out like this in the anime. i think things are going play out alot better in the manga.

Is funimation the only place i can watch all the oldschool episodes?

You're reaching for extremes now? You're starting to realize how flimsy your argument is?
I do not understand how you don’t understand this very simple concept. Not every can be a high level athlete. The extreme example proves the point. I exaggerated for effect. I mean, do you think anyone could play if the NBA is they tried hard enough?

I do not understand how you don’t understand this very simple concept. Not every can be a high level athlete. The extreme example proves the point. I exaggerated for effect. I mean, do you think anyone could play if the NBA is they tried hard enough?
Your argument is that no matter the training, potential/talent is what determines greatness and now you're adding extra factors (mental/physical disabilities) and then going to the extreme.

Do you want to change your argument or stick to your guns? Either way, I'm going to dismantle your argument

Your argument is that no matter the training, potential/talent is what determines greatness and now you're adding extra factors (mental/physical disabilities) and then going to the extreme.

Do you want to change your argument or stick to your guns? Either way, I'm going to dismantle your argument
Bro, I think you’re purposely trying to misunderstand me. You won’t even answer my questions.
Genetics+Training=Greatness.
That’s my argument in its simplest form. If that’s too much, man I don’t even know how else to say it.

Bro, I think you’re purposely trying to misunderstand me. You won’t even answer my questions.
Genetics+Training=Greatness.
That’s my argument in its simplest form. If that’s too much, man I don’t even know how else to say it.
A few posts up, you said if someone does not have the POTENTIAL for greatness, it doesn't matter how much training they receive and now you're changing your argument because that "training doesn't matter if you don't have potential" nonsense is illogical not only in the real world but also the Dragon Ball world

A few posts up, you said if someone does not have the POTENTIAL for greatness, it doesn't matter how much training they receive and now you're changing your argument because that "training doesn't matter if you don't have potential" nonsense is illogical not only in the real world but also the Dragon Ball world
Potential is genetics. Come on my man.

What about the cell saga?

Goku and Vegeta were both Super Saiyans the both went and trained in the hyperbolic time chamber. Goku came out leagues above Vegeta. Vegeta even went in a second time and still wasn’t on Goku’s level. Goku didn’t need any extra training to leave Vegeta and his superior genetics behind in that situation.
Id say the x factor there was goku was daily training with someone who was about to reach level 2
Vegetas dec to train alone vastly limited him meanwhile goku was pushing against someone who was actualy stronger than him

Simple questions:

1) What is the criteria used to determine if someone is great at something?
2) How do you know someone has potential?
1. For the sake of discussion let’s say playing sports at a professional or Olympic level.
2. You cannot.

1. For the sake of discussion let’s say playing sports at a professional or Olympic level.
2. You cannot.
I'm assuming you're saying you cannot know someone has potential for the second question and you just didn't bother to give a proper answer tithe first

I'm assuming you're saying you cannot know someone has potential for the second question and you just didn't bother to give a proper answer tithe first
Hey man, we can be done with this. We are on different pages and that’s ok. Hope you have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back