The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeza had no issue handling the hakai energy from Sidra. But got overwhelmed by toppos in seconds and got his ass kicked

Problem is, Sidra gave the assassin little bit of his energy AND... the assassin split the energy in different direction and thus, two of it was used as a decoy and the other one was the real attack.

Meanwhile, Toppo gave him a giant dose of that energy in large concentrated portions.

Plus Frieza got cocky and completely underestimated it.

I don't know but I'd hope Toppo is still weaker than all the GoDs. Seemed like he finally had access to the energy but didn't know hot to use it properly yet. Beerus also commented Toppo still had to charge it every time.

Spoilers for Episode 130 (end of the tournament). Episode 131 is the final episode, though

The episode opens with Goku already in UI from the end of episode 129. It's down to Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren. They DON'T fuse into Vegito

Goku's UI defense is perfectly complimented by the insane raw power from Vegeta's new Blue form

They gain the upper hand on Jiren and beat him into a corner. With only seconds left, Jiren realizes he can't win.

Goku randomly asks the Grand Priest what happens if there is a tie when time runs out. Grand Priest says both universes would be spared.

Goku, without hesitation, jumps off the stage leaving Vegeta and Jiren on when time runs out. Everyone is obviously surprised. Both universes are spared.

Vegeta wins MVP (and the Super Dragon Balls) largely due to his elimination of Toppo

Last edited:
WHY DID I CLICK ON THAT??? Is that real? I don't even wanna know. Usualyl the spoilers are way shorter and less telling!?

after the anime is over this thread will probably move really slow. all i hope for is a satisfying ending to the anime

Yep, until the film is out and even then, thread will likely not move in pages.

We must really thank Dr Hannibal Lecter and lordsai for the first two threads.

Yep, until the film is out and even then, thread will likely not move in pages.

We must really thank Dr Hannibal Lecter and lordsai for the first two threads.
least we can say we got up to v5 before it dies down after march

Spoilers for Episode 130 (end of the tournament). Episode 131 is the final episode, though

The episode opens with Goku already in UI from the end of episode 129. It's down to Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren. They DON'T fuse into Vegito

Goku's UI defense is perfectly complimented by the insane raw power from Vegeta's new Blue form

They gain the upper hand on Jiren and beat him into a corner. With only seconds left, Jiren realizes he can't win.

Goku randomly asks the Grand Priest what happens if there is a tie when time runs out. Grand Priest says both universes would be spared.

Goku, without hesitation, jumps off the stage leaving Vegeta and Jiren on when time runs out. Everyone is obviously surprised. Both universes are spared.

Vegeta wins MVP (and the Super Dragon Balls) largely due to his elimination of Toppo

I would love this lol

I noticed at the end of the episode they showed everyone but freiza. Wonder why

My guess is that he's either hurt really bad (Toppo broke his foot off in his ass) or he's lurking in the shadows looking for an opportunity to sneak attack Jiren.

This is how Dragon Ball should end.

With Goku and Vegeta

Yeah, that would be awesome and quite fitting.

I thought the result of Vegeta vs. Toppo was asinine. They do all this build up of Toppo's GoD power then an angry Blue 2 Vegeta just ends up overpowering the giant hakai ball and taking Toppo out (supposedly draining all of Vegeta's energy, yet Vegeta is fighting Jiren in the next episode, less than a minute later in Dragonball time). I know Vegeta gets legit rage power boosts and all, and the attack supposedly drained all his power, but Blue 2 Vegeta was even less useful against Jiren than Blue level 1 Vegeta was, and he was getting creamed by Toppo earlier in the episode, so the power up shouldn't really decrease the gap that much to where he was beating up a GoD then essentially overpowered one (or at least his giant hakai ball), and then knocks him out.
I get that it was a cool moment for Vegeta (and I like him better than Goku, though not as much as Gohan), but they really shouldn't have had him win via power. It would have been much more credible for him to win via using his intellect and forcing a ring out. They even had Beerus point out that Toppo being new to the power had to charge up his attacks, so he wasn't as mobile as he could have been. Between this and trans-light speed Dyspo getting grabbed at normal speed by Gohan they are dropping the ball. This feels like a rushed ending. Universe 4 getting taken out in one episode and their essentially invisible characters not even waiting until everyone else was eliminated to win by numbers and not being seen, then these two U11 elims. Aniraza at least had a built in weak point to exploit, but U6 had significantly better treatment than all others. They have already gone all over with Jiren's power scaling, I'm worried they will screw up the ending.
At least the manga is doing things better.

Favorite part from tournament of power so far guys?

Goku eliminating kefla for me. That finish bruh and artwork finally getting better

Frieza is still alive because he's got to try and make a last minute betrayal to get the DB. It wouldn't surprise me to see him be absent until the last episode where he'll try and knock everyone off at once.

So its 4 v 1 now. Jiren vs Goku, Vegeta, 17 and Freiza.

I noticed at the end of the episode they showed everyone but freiza. Wonder why
They should just be able to stall for the win.

No, it's not real. I just made that shit up

<36>
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back