The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by 5crew, Feb 5, 2018.

1. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

Im not reading no damn spoilers but I thought that was where they were going with it but I still think Goku alone mastering it is much better. Goku is the talented one when it comes to new forms and its been mentioned before that Vegeta is more cerebral than Goku, so UI would be much more difficult to attain. Having Vegeta mastering it before Beerus and the other Gods wouldve been weak.

5crew likes this.
  2. HwoarangStyle

HwoarangStyle Red Belt

next db series will be dragon ball ultra. everyone will be trying to attain ultra instinct. and then goku will unlock mega instinct.

TheLastEmperorReurns likes this.
  3. Ruv

Ruv Brown Belt

After that he will achieve Ultimate Instinct!

TheLastEmperorReurns likes this.
  4. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

Only after getting whopped by two girls who got a tingly back and unlocked Mega Instinct.

5. Horse Style

Horse Style Red Belt

I think Ultra Instinct is one of the best concepts of the franchise. Too long, the fights in this franchise have just been clash after clash after clash, leading to beam struggles.

It's great to see dodging finally being utilized more. The way he dodges looks cool and let's be honest. Countering (like counter-punching in MMA) is a very exciting style of fighting to watch as long as it's not Machida

Ikuza and Emporio Alnino like this.
  6. 5crew

5crew Brown Belt

No.. it should be Dragon Ball: Saiyans

Didn't you hear Vegeta dissing Belmod? The show have been about Saiyans ever since after Frieza Saga. Vegeta rant last Epi basically told fans what we known for years directly from the writers mouth/pen. None of the Z fighters is really relevant anymore. They could have do so much with Piccolo but they simply stopped at Super Namekian.

But I'm okay with that after the introduction of the multiverse. We need more characters outside of U7.
    Expand on Hit. Expand on Jiren.

Plissken likes this.
  7. Horse Style

Horse Style Red Belt

Well the only important Saiyans are Goku, Vegeta, Kale and Caulifla.

It's obvious now that Gohan is never going to do anything interesting again. Future Trunks won't come back, little Trunks is just comic relief, Goten is almost non-existent and Cabba seems to be there just to further Vegeta's character development.

Super has had 5 arcs and not once did Gohan progress, power-wise from where he was at the end of the Buu saga. Cabba's "big finish" is SSJ2.

Ikuza likes this.
  8. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

I feel like Jiren was a better character when he was mysterious imo. The strongest dude in the universes, we had no clue how powerful he was, his motives etc. Compounded on to the fact that he didnt say much meant every little thing he said peeled just a little bit of the onion that is Jiren. But then they turned it into the generic little boy watched his parent get killed by the baad guy, now he promised he'd kill im by getting stronger etc and turned him into a blabber mouth.

Remember how cool Jiren was early on, and how we're indifferent right now?

I think its why Hit is so good aswell because we dont have that backstory and we're learning more about him as the arc unfolds.

5crew, Plissken and Ikuza like this.
  9. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

Trunks gets a cool new form
    Vegeta gets a cool new form
    Goku gets a cool new form

Meanwhile Gohan.....<2>

10. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

The problem is most of the Z Fighters just suck.

The team needs a complete overhaul. Gohan,Krillin,Yamcha,Tien all need to be fired

Piccolo is badass so he stays but everyone else is scrub level imo

11. HwoarangStyle

HwoarangStyle Red Belt

do you know what was stupid? in the universe 6 arc when Piccolo fought Frost he was shook and everyone was expecting him to lose. So he resorted to using fighting tactics and strategy, but I'm pretty sure Frost is only as strong as Freeza was in his arc of DBZ. Piccolo was strong as hell in the android saga, the strongest z fighter at one point. He shouldve kicked Frosts ass.

12. Horse Style

Horse Style Red Belt

That always bothered me as well.

SSJ Goku toyed with 100% Frieza on Namek. Then the androids made SSJ looks like amateur hour. Then Piccolo fights on par with Android 17.

Super is probably around 10 years after the Cell saga and Piccolo never stops training, yet goes into panic mode against Frost? Weird as hell

5crew likes this.
  13. MMouse

MMouse Brown Belt

Just saw on instagram

frieza wins

14. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

That’s some shenanigans

15. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

It's been implied . Most people know that Frieza never got eliminated but the DBS creators must think people are idiots with their Big Reveal.

SoCalprodigy09, Ikuza and D Train like this.
  16. Tuf_guy

Tuf_guy Silver Belt

I kinda wonder about why no one ever wished for piccolo to have zenkai boosts so that he could keep up. He was the most trustworthy one aside from maybe Future Trunks, who didn't fuck around when he had the ability to kill a threat. Piccolo was smarter than Goku, and definitely would have been good to keep Vegeta from going too far.

But that saie, it wouldn't be the same show. Also, I've not watched Super other than the fight between Goku and Beerus until Goku turns back into a Super Saijin

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  17. orca

orca P4P #1 Machida fan

Yeah thats what i think too.. Their power should have had a wide gap. I mean piccolo in android saga was way way more powerful than final form frieza. Not the golden one

18. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

Not exactly...

Massive spoilers, be warned.

19. Plissken

Plissken Silver Belt

The manga is handling Jiren far better. I think that's a problem with having a whole bunch of writers vs. the manga having one writer (who wrote major DB fan-fiction before getting the official job) that works closer to Toriyama, it's a lack of consistency.

jojoRed likes this.
  20. jojoRed

jojoRed Brown Belt

For whatever reason, I just dont like the manga. Toriyama's DBZ manga were enjoyable to read, every page flowed well into each other, and fights were so dynamic and felt like they had movement. You could legit picture the fights as if they were animated. The super series feels like a dude drawing fan art, with no regard for choreography, movement and using the page to show action. Well I guess it is fanart.