The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's episode was trash. Same Fucking cliché. Weak writing. Same story over and over. No brains just bullshit ass pull power ups out of nowhere. Look, i grew up watching this shit and i loved the DB franchise as a kid. Its 20fucking18. Get with the times and get better writing. This shit is written for 5 year olds. It looks pretty but it insults the intelligence of the viewer. How many fucking times is plot armor gonna save Goku? Why does Jiren eliminate Hitt but allows everyone else to stay? When are we gonna see some badass team fights instead of just some bs 1 v 1fight? When are we gonna get the sense that there's something on the line? Forget the last complaints. I'm just tired of plot armor ass pulls. Z wasn't perfect but it was good for its time. You gotta put out more quality in 2018.

I actually wasn’t a big fan of this episode. Everything feels so rushed now and UI Goku is basically a robot.

The way he kicked Jiren’s ass was cool though.

The first time Goku turned UI, he was on zombie mode as well, can't talk, no expression.

Vegeta's final explosion against Toppo is way more draining than anything Goku has done in this tournament.

Vegeta still went Super Blue after that and still pulled his ass up to fight when his stamina was damn near zero. Goku, on the other hand, is suddenly crippled and can't get up.

Vegeta, running on fumes, managed to keep throwing himself at Jiren yet Goku can't even stand? C'mon now

Vegeta Final Flash looks epic, but Genki Dama have always been THE final move.

Goku took a direct, indirect imo, hit from his own Genki Dama, then proceed to get wrecked by Jiren.
Goku then went on to fight Kefla, possibly the 3rd strongest non U7 character. The fused machine character is total crap imo.

In this Epi, Whis specifically said that going UI, the closer you are to God level, it's more physically draining as well. Goku did twice of that before this Epi, each time surpassing the previous.

Vegeta fought Toppo.

It's the "Oh.. he IS at zero energy now", then 5s, they went Blue that is fug up. Both Goku and Vegeta pulled that shit. It's not about who took more damage and is still standing. Even if it was the latter, Goku obviously took more damage than Vegeta.

FYI:
My stance is that BOTH of them pulling random energy out of nowhere SUCKS.
Goku stunt doesn't sucks more than Vegeta.

Last edited:
Vegeta Final Flash looks epic, but Genki Dama have always been THE final move.

Goku took a direct, indirect imo, hit from his own Genki Dama, then proceed to get wrecked by Jiren.
Goku then went on to fight Kefla, possibly the 3rd strongest non U7 character. The fused machine character is total crap imo.

In this Epi, Whis specifically said that going UI, the closer you are to God level, it's more physically draining as well. Goku did twice of that before this Epi, each time surpassing the previous.

Vegeta fought Toppo.

It's the "Oh.. he IS at zero energy now", then 5s, they went Blue that is fug up. Both Goku and Vegeta pulled that shit. It's not about who took more damage and is still standing. Even if it was the latter, Goku obviously took more damage than Vegeta.

FYI:
My stance is that BOTH of them pulling random energy out of nowhere SUCKS.
Goku stunt doesn't sucks more than Vegeta.
Uhm, my whole point is Goku shouldn't be paralyzed on the floor when Vegeta can keep going on near zero stamina. Both of them were draining, Vegeta kept going on sheer willpower yet Goku looks like Bane just broke his back

Today's episode was trash. Same Fucking cliché. Weak writing. Same story over and over. No brains just bullshit ass pull power ups out of nowhere. Look, i grew up watching this shit and i loved the DB franchise as a kid. Its 20fucking18. Get with the times and get better writing. This shit is written for 5 year olds. It looks pretty but it insults the intelligence of the viewer. How many fucking times is plot armor gonna save Goku? Why does Jiren eliminate Hitt but allows everyone else to stay? When are we gonna see some badass team fights instead of just some bs 1 v 1fight? When are we gonna get the sense that there's something on the line? Forget the last complaints. I'm just tired of plot armor ass pulls. Z wasn't perfect but it was good for its time. You gotta put out more quality in 2018.
Power ups out of nowhere? They've been foreshadowing this new form since the Resurrection of F arc

I feel it's going to end with Jiren and Goku knocking each other off. Frieza gets the Super Dragon Balls and sets up the movie or possibly the next arc after the end of Super.

Not a fan of this style of fighting/animation at all.. I want to see Goku and Jiren ACTUALLY punch each other fist onto flesh..

Jiren gets hit with a 100 punch combo while Goku is standing still far away from him.. shit looks retarded imo

I want actual physical fights not these shit.. shame I thought the end of the tournament was going fairly well

This is starting to get lame. Should have been over at least two months ago.

How is any different to Z?

Freeza in final form said he was using 1% of his power and was wrecking kaioken 20+ Goku. Goku became a super saiyan closed that gap and toyed with Freeza. The gap between Goku and Freeza in that fight was larger than the gap between Goku/Vegeta and Jiren in this fight, but you’re okay with it?

Super saiyan was foreshadowed in that saga.

UI was foreshadowed in this saga.

Goku’s slowly improved UI. Had it for a short time vs Jiren1

Gained more control over it vs Kefla

Whis called the flaw in his form vs Kefla ( more foreshadowing)

Vegeta points out in this fight that the saiyans have been breaking their ceiling all tournament (more foreshadowing)

Also from the very beginning of training with Whis UI is brought up, and it’s pointed out that Goku is more instinctual and relaxed when fighting than Vegeta (foreshadowing again).

This saga has been no different to Z. In fact it’s very similar to the Freeza saga in the way this final form has been brought up.

In the last 3 mins of the last episode it would be hype if they did a time jump to after EoZ. Screen goes black and it says, “5 years later.” Then it cuts to Goku flying with Uub on his back. They then set up a future arc or a new Dragonball show. Keep in mind Frieza SHOULD be alive at this point in the story if Goku kept his promise.

In the last 3 mins of the last episode it would be hype if they did a time jump to after EoZ. Screen goes black and it says, “5 years later.” Then it cuts to Goku flying with Uub on his back. They then set up a future arc or a new Dragonball show. Keep in mind Frieza SHOULD be alive at this point in the story if Goku kept his promise.
What do you mean time jump to end of Z? This is all after Z?

This episode was great, I thought and when Goku went UI mastered it was nuclear, I was in shock when he grabbed Jirens super attack and stood there with it and then wisped it away, god that was epic.

I firmly believe both these two are above the Gods now and I think the Gods are scared of both of them at this point to be honest.

Looks like Jiren is gonna go full animal mode aswell now and next episode we are gonna see a proper fight with both guys going 100%

They should end it a draw and both universes win and can get a wish each imo seems unfair to pic a winner of two guys so powerful and giving so much, don't wanna see either lose at this point.

What do you mean time jump to end of Z? This is all after Z?

This episode was great, I thought and when Goku went UI mastered it was nuclear, I was in shock when he grabbed Jirens super attack and stood there with it and then wisped it away, god that was epic.

I firmly believe both these two are above the Gods now and I think the Gods are scared of both of them at this point to be honest.

Looks like Jiren is gonna go full animal mode aswell now and next episode we are gonna see a proper fight with both guys going 100%

They should end it a draw and both universes win and can get a wish each imo seems unfair to pic a winner of two guys so powerful and giving so much, don't wanna see either lose at this point.

The last 2 episodes of DBZ took place several years after the end of the Buu saga, Goten and Trunks were teenagers, Uub was like 6 or 7, and Pan was around that same age as well. They run off to a tournament and the series ends with Goku leaving to train Uub. Super takes place between the end of the Buu saga, but before this tournament.

The last 2 episodes of DBZ took place several years after the end of the Buu saga, Goten and Trunks were teenagers, Uub was like 6 or 7, and Pan was around that same age as well. They run off to a tournament and the series ends with Goku leaving to train Uub. Super takes place between the end of the Buu saga, but before this tournament.
Oh, I forgot all that.

That would be a nice way to end it I guess.

they are really trying to stretch this shit out its going on another break next week.

DBS gets a lot of criticism (and deservedly so), but one thing that has been done well is Beerus' character development. Whis as well

At first, he was just some careless condescending overmonger who wouldn't think twice to destroy a planet and end millions of lives. Now you can see hes starting to develop an emotional attachment to the main characters. He's congratulating guys on how well they're doing, even though they're getting eliminated. Even Whis is showing he cares about their well being, when before he didn't seem to care about anyone that didn't have food.

they are really trying to stretch this shit out its going on another break next week.
DBS gets a lot of criticism (and deservedly so), but one thing that has been done well is Beerus' character development. Whis as well

At first, he was just some careless condescending overmonger who wouldn't think twice to destroy a planet and end millions of lives. Now you can see hes starting to develop an emotional attachment to the main characters. He's congratulating guys on how well they're doing, even though they're getting eliminated. Even Whis is showing he cares about their well being, when before he didn't seem to care about anyone that didn't have food.
Each time Goku goes UI, Whis looks like a proud daddy, watching his son at a sports game

Each time Goku goes UI, Whis looks like a proud daddy, watching his son at a sports game
My favorite part is the end where all the gods decide to stand up. Like they are acknowledging this fight. Iwne stood up the other gods followed. Tho belmod was already standing
Belmod

Super sucks. Just abandon ship and pretend this series ended when DBZ did. I'd rather watch DBZ all the way through again for a third time than watch Super. I've given it multiple tries, it just sucks.

Super sucks. Just abandon ship and pretend this series ended when DBZ did. I'd rather watch DBZ all the way through again for a third time than watch Super. I've given it multiple tries, it just sucks.

With all these transformations

Nothing comes near the epicness of ssj1 goku, vegeta and future trunks.

Beerus is more like the proud daddy imo. Whis, to me, is more of the fan girl type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back