The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does. They've dropped the 3D fighting of Xenoverse to make this more like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Speaking of good-looking footage, any one else notice the animation in the last episode was top notch? Especially the Freeza parts.

Yes it was nice, hopefully Cuck Gohan gets a similar type of transformation for his own redemption.

I like how they have Frieza's plotting be in full effect so early on like this.

I watched GT as a kid and don't remember it being that bad. Now that's gotta nostalgia talking, but is it worth rewatching for the lolz or should I just not ruin my childhood memories?

I actually watched GT for the first time earlier this year. It's not terrible, but it gets really boring at parts. The fight scenes are insanely dull and just turn into two characters throwing ki blasts back and forth at each other over...and over.....and over again.

However, I did really like the ending. I thought it did a good job of wrapping up Dragonball as a whole. The ending was much better than Z's ending, which sucked donkey dick.

I'm sure most of you guys probably have already seen this but whatever.

Its a pretty big picture so I put it in spoiler tags but its not anything spoiler

JHXlwxQ.jpg

Man, I already love them bringing back Freeza again. He's 100x more menacing than he was during the Resurrection of F arc. I'm glad he used his time in hell to learn energy control and I also love he's not afraid of Beerus anymore. I'm looking forward to see how he manipulates the Gods.

Man, I already love them bringing back Freeza again. He's 100x more menacing than he was during the Resurrection of F arc. I'm glad he used his time in hell to learn energy control and I also love he's not afraid of Beerus anymore. I'm looking forward to see how he manipulates the Gods.

His tracking death beam is OP

Frieza is stronger than Goku imo

I think goku done fucked up by letting frieza out

Man, I might have to retract my statement about Freeza being on a slow path to redemption. Like you said, Horse, he was waaaaaay more evil in this one episode than he was during his resurrection film. Gave zero fucks about attacking Goku even with his existence in jeopardy if the U7 team loses. Then turns around and tries to cut a deal with U9. What a Machiavellian motherfucker. I'm loving every minute of it.

I hope the Dragonball writers don't become so fixated on Freeza that they forget another great villain who's been all but forgotten, but had just as much personality and evilness as Freeza. Let's give him some screen time again. Have him face off against this new incarnation of Gohan, to see if he hasn't closed the gap in power.

tumblr_n2lm915mMD1s5f67jo1_500.gif

I probably would have never been a DB fan if not for the original Japanese dub. I always thought the show was lame/corny because my first experience with it was the American dub. The writing/dialogue and cheesy voices had absolutely ruined it for me. People hate Nozawa's voice but watching Dragon Ball through Z, I didn't see it as a big deal. She's a legend.

Holy crap, Epi 95 is good. Few things needs to be cleared up though.

Is U9 God of Destruction weak? If he isn't, it means Frieza is probably stronger than some GoDs being able to break out of the Destruction Energy.

Are these Destruction Energy given to all 12 Unis, GoDs, by someone? Or are GoDs, taught this move once they are appointed?

It would seems Frieza might be stronger than Goku now, despite drawing on the "one punch" match up.

It's possible that Frieza action of almost killing Goku helped U7 indirectly; ultimately. We all know Saiyans grow stronger after near death experience. Forgot the exact term for it.

As someone who grew up watching DBZ in the 90s, would you guys recommend watching DB Kai or Super?

Frieza is stronger than Goku imo

I think goku done fucked up by letting frieza out

Whis said evenly matched. That means Goku is far more powerful than Freeza. He has SSBKKx10. He kills Freeza easily.

Is U9 God of Destruction weak? If he isn't, it means Frieza is probably stronger than some GoDs being able to break out of the Destruction Energy.

He broke out of portion of Sidra energy and was clearly exhausted. Sidra kills him.

Still probably the weakest GoD from worst universe.

Are these Destruction Energy given to all 12 Unis, GoDs, by someone? Or are GoDs, taught this move once they are appointed?

It would seems Frieza might be stronger than Goku now, despite drawing on the "one punch" match up.

It's possible that Frieza action of almost killing Goku helped U7 indirectly; ultimately. We all know Saiyans grow stronger after near death experience. Forgot the exact term for it.
It was only a small amount of Sidra's energy. Freeza still struggled to overcome it. A full blown Hakai would probably erase Freeza. Beerus casually blowing the energy away still shows the gap between regular mortals and GoDs.

And I'm pretty sure Goku and Vegeta don't recieve Zenkais anymore.

As someone who grew up watching DBZ in the 90s, would you guys recommend watching DB Kai or Super?
Kai is well done. Voice actors have improved alot and filler is left out. Super can be hit or miss for some. I'd still recommend both.

I don't think Freeza is stronger than Sidra. Freeza struggled to contain that energy of destruction which Sidra created without any effort.

The term for saiyan growing stronger after a near-death experience is called "zenkai boost".

Id say its too early to say frieza is stronger than goku given he didnt go ssb or kaioken in that ball
The sparring match resolved nothing

However we are seeing the guys seem to be comming close to surpassing gods now..not beerus yet..by a long shot bit others

Side note
..anyone think frieza is playing the other universe? He wants to rule ours not see it destroyed..this strikes me as an utter ruthless ploy to ensure an their team.shows up a man short and is dissolved!

Anyone else notice around the 15-second mark in the epi 96 preview, they show a guy from Yadrat? Yadrat is the planet where Goku learned Instant Transmission.

(It's the thumbnail, too)

I'm guessing this is a U6 fighter.

Are gods and angels likes whis and beerus really naive?

Im pretty sure they know what freeza is up too but are keeping a close eye on him too make sure he does his parts

Anyone else notice around the 15-second mark in the epi 96 preview, they show a guy from Yadrat? Yadrat is the planet where Goku learned Instant Transmission.

(It's the thumbnail, too)

I'm guessing this is a U6 fighter.

I wouldnt be suprised if frieza tries to recruit, manipulate others for his own plan

Man, I might have to retract my statement about Freeza being on a slow path to redemption. Like you said, Horse, he was waaaaaay more evil in this one episode than he was during his resurrection film. Gave zero fucks about attacking Goku even with his existence in jeopardy if the U7 team loses. Then turns around and tries to cut a deal with U9. What a Machiavellian motherfucker. I'm loving every minute of it.

I hope the Dragonball writers don't become so fixated on Freeza that they forget another great villain who's been all but forgotten, but had just as much personality and evilness as Freeza. Let's give him some screen time again. Have him face off against this new incarnation of Gohan, to see if he hasn't closed the gap in power.

tumblr_n2lm915mMD1s5f67jo1_500.gif

Would be nice if he somehow got a hold of future trunks and kill him in front of cuck gohan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back