The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then loses to this.

latest

Seeing Vegeta fighting her in the opening worries me.

I too believe Frieza might be here to stay. As a recurring character at the minimum, rather than back to hell after this Saga.

I believe they will bring back the recurring "gag" that Goku is always late, appear last minute, for this Tournament of Power. Like he did for the Tenkaichi Budokai, return to Earth vs Vegeta and Namek planet vs Ginyu and Frieza.

EDIT:
Rewatching Epi 71 where Hit assassinate Goku once again convince me that Hit will get besmirch by Jiren just to show how much better the latter character is. Hit owned Goku.

Hit beat Vegeta too before which was to put over how good Hit is and also, the cock sucker writers.

My hypothetical 3 man team would be

SSJ2 Teen Gohan
GT Kid Goku
100% Full Power Frieza

Hit beat Vegeta too before which was to put over how good Hit is and also, the cock sucker writers.
In the manga, Whis explains the reason Vegeta did poorly against Hit was because he used SSB, unnecessarily, against Cabba and with successive uses of SSB in a short period, Vegeta wasn't able to tap into even 1/10 of his full power.

Goku later confirms that if Vegeta was full-powered, he'd have no trouble with Hit.

In the anime, I think Whis mentions the 1/10 power thing but no one explicitly states Vegeta could have beaten Hit at full power.

Hit gets besmirched by Vegeta

Take that to the bank

Very unlikely. They have to introduce Jiren in a shocking way if he is indeed the strongest and last opponent for this tournament. As of now, we know Hit and Vegeta are two of the strongest other than Goku. Neither have definitively defeated Hit.

From what I see, Hit > Goku > Vegeta as of now. Obviously the Saiyans will go through some power up again in the tournament that will reverse the order. Simply because Saiyan.

I know you guys have seen the footage from the new DBZ fighting game they're putting out. Footage looks GORGEOUS.

I know you guys have seen the footage from the new DBZ fighting game they're putting out. Footage looks GORGEOUS.

It does. They've dropped the 3D fighting of Xenoverse to make this more like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Speaking of good-looking footage, any one else notice the animation in the last episode was top notch? Especially the Freeza parts.

It does. They've dropped the 3D fighting of Xenoverse to make this more like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Speaking of good-looking footage, any one else notice the animation in the last episode was top notch? Especially the Freeza parts.

Yeah footage in that one looks good. Super might have started off shaky when it comes to quality but when their top guys are drawing the frames it can look decent. Maybe not as good as the better episodes of Z, but it's up there.

I didn't mention it previously but I'm loving the little callbacks to Dragonball and Z. Roshi flying into Capsule Corp. headquarters on Gamera. Piccolo and Android 17 meeting and shaking hands (I particularly loved that in light of how intensely they fought each other previously). And of course Fortune teller Baba's platform where Goku had fought her minions previously. Freeza sighing at the site of his halo was also an amusing sight.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anyone here ever watched the Ocean dubs?

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anyone here ever watched the Ocean dubs?

BRUH. I grew up watching Ocean Dub up to the point where the Funimation Dub was aired on TV (Goku arriving on Namek and fighting Recoome). Ocean Dub might be more censored with some laughable changes (sending someone to "another dimension" instead of killing them), but in other aspects it's superior to the Funi dub. Also, Vegeta's voice just smacks of a sneaky, arrogant, evil shit. Perfect for when he played the villain.

Their first fight in the Ocean Dub is the stuff of legends. Great voices and musical score.

EDIT: Don't know why, but some of these videos are timestamped from Youtube. Just watch the clips in their entirety. They're epic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back