The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out the gods what ones do you guys think is the strongest I would have to think it's one of the gods that are exempt from this Torny if I had to pick I think it be between liquir or gene

What I really wanna see is Goku fight some of the other gods mostly I wanna see him fight the clown one the most I loved the clown reaction to Goku while Going blue form he was like the fuck is happening
I'm pretty sure at this point, Beerus can still bitchslap Goku down. Super is a bit different from the Battle of Gods movie. The gap between Beerus and SSG Goku is much wider in the series than in the movie.

In episode 18, Whis tells the oracle fish where Goku and Vegeta stack up. Here's a clip:

They've improved since that episode and Kaioken helps but I doubt it does much to close the gap. I'm pretty sure the other Gods of Destruction would beat Goku into the ground

I'm pretty sure at this point, Beerus can still bitchslap Goku down. Super is a bit different from the Battle of Gods movie. The gap between Beerus and SSG Goku is much wider in the series than in the movie.

In episode 18, Whis tells the oracle fish where Goku and Vegeta stack up. Here's a clip:

They've improved since that episode and Kaioken helps but I doubt it does much to close the gap. I'm pretty sure the other Gods of Destruction would beat Goku into the ground

So true they probably wouldn't hold back sense they see him as the enemy I think what makes him the enemy for the other gods is how buddy buddy he is with Zeno they probably find that highly offence because he is a mortal

Beerus is as strong as the plot demands. He's meant to be a moving post that Vegeta and Goku are always trying to surpass. Akira has no intentions of that happening yet.

Beerus is as strong as the plot demands. He's meant to be a moving post that Vegeta and Goku are always trying to surpass. Akira has no intentions of that happening yet.

I'm waiting till the time the angels start freaking out when challenged.

Out the gods what ones do you guys think is the strongest I would have to think it's one of the gods that are exempt from this Torny if I had to pick I think it be between liquir or gene

I'm beginning to Wonder if those Universes that got exempt was due not because of strength but rather the Quality of their civilizationst , meaning they are universes that are peaceful and devoid of war .

I'm beginning to Wonder if those Universes that got exempt was due not because of strength but rather the Quality of their civilizationst , meaning they are universes that are peaceful and devoid of war .
that most likely right the strongest god for all we know is in the god in the torny

that most likely right the strongest god for all we know is in the god in the torny

Did you look at the Face of the Elder Grand Angel he gave a sinister look like he had an ulterior motives, this ARC could be crazy love that it's a Battle Royal.

Did you look at the Face of the Elder Grand Angel he gave a sinister look like he had an ulterior motives, this ARC could be crazy love that it's a Battle Royal.
hell ya that was great and i am really happy its not same old 1 v 1 battle royal will be great i loved the reaction on clown god when goku went blue

I also have no idea how this Battle Royale will turn out. Will it be all about Goku? I feel like Vegeta and Hit may get eliminated by something ridiculously dumb.

I don't believe these two will be eliminated by something stupid.

They will likely be eliminated by the Peace Corp from U11. But I can see it go both ways.
1. Hit put up a good fight but ultimately lost
2. Hit get played like a kid, Goku is surprised that Hit get toyed around so easily.

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because DB franchise have always been this way on "new villain". 2nd strongest character we know gets destroyed. Goku steps and either be on par or wins the fight. Proves that he is just that much better than his friends.

As for people still complaining about Vegeta not being able to step up/nerfed by writers. Get over it already. It's not likely going to change. It's been mentioned many times, it's all depends on how much fans the character have. Yes, Vegeta might have 1m fans, Gohan might have 2m fans. But if Goku still have 10m fans, he will always be the main guy. Nothing have changed to convince me otherwise.

Hell, even if the writers turn crazy and make Goku the heel, he will likely still maintain his popularity or even surpass it.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Goku blue + Kaio-Ken x 21463 currently will get sonned by any God of Destruction. It will likely remain this until the end of the series or if there is a Saga where Saiyans are requested by Angels to be a replacement for God of Destruction.

I would much prefer them staying under the power level of "GoD", namingly Beerus, but it likely won't happen. Because Saiyans.

EDIT 2:
And for the speculation of the Beerus-look-alike, many people have presume he comes from the same planet/U as Beerus. I could see him getting eliminated by Vegeta/Gohan/Goku, hinting that some of the Z fighters are stronger than Beerus race. But Beerus will just give a smirk. :p

Last edited:

They all have a Machiavellian look and behavior to them, they are leaking all kinds of ambiguous characteristics that would make Mr Horse moist with excitement.

I don't believe these two will be eliminated by something stupid.

They will likely be eliminated by the Peace Corp from U11. But I can see it go both ways.
1. Hit put up a good fight but ultimately lost
2. Hit get played like a kid, Goku is surprised that Hit get toyed around so easily.

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because DB franchise have always been this way on "new villain". 2nd strongest character we know gets destroyed. Goku steps and either be on par or wins the fight. Proves that he is just that much better than his friends.

As for people still complaining about Vegeta not being able to step up/nerfed by writers. Get over it already. It's not likely going to change. It's been mentioned many times, it's all depends on how much fans the character have. Yes, Vegeta might have 1m fans, Gohan might have 2m fans. But if Goku still have 10m fans, he will always be the main guy. Nothing have changed to convince me otherwise.

Hell, even if the writers turn crazy and make Goku the heel, he will likely still maintain his popularity or even surpass it.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Goku blue + Kaio-Ken x 21463 currently will get sonned by any God of Destruction. It will likely remain this until the end of the series or if there is a Saga where Saiyans are requested by Angels to be a replacement for God of Destruction.

I would much prefer them staying under the power level of "GoD", namingly Beerus, but it likely won't happen. Because Saiyans.

EDIT 2:
And for the speculation of the Beerus-look-alike, many people have presume he comes from the same planet/U as Beerus. I could see him getting eliminated by Vegeta/Gohan/Goku, hinting that some of the Z fighters are stronger than Beerus race. But Beerus will just give a smirk. :p

I can see all of that happening as well. So many possibilities that you just never know what they plan to do. I will actually be in Japan in 2 months and I really want to try my best to avoid watching any episodes till after that. It's possible though since I'll be extremely busy from now to then. Just have to resist on my down time. Maybe I'll just focus on continuing watching Gintama, lol....

I think that's spot on. The exemptions aren't because of power but of the quality of the mortals, morally.

First, if the Zenos want to see good fights, why would they give exemptions to the strongest universes?

Second, Bergamo confirmed it by saying Goku is lower level than U9. He went on to talk about Goku's character, not power (especially since he had no idea how strong Goku was yet).

Based on reading the last part looks like they try plot something in u11
x3af7l.png

I just realised there is no new Epi today so I'm rewatching from Epi 77 again. *This post is actually written as I watches Epi to Epi*

Some observations I made or at least refreshed my memory from this rewatch.

1. Epi 78, 05:12,
F.Zeno asked P.Zeno what kind of power is the Tournament of Power's power.
P.Zeno replied "The power to fight"
This convinces me that the Four U exempted is not because of the quality of life but they are indeed strong in power level. Why wouldn't Zeno"s" want them in the tournament then? I can't figure it out yet but it might be because of storyline for future Saga. Maybe one or more of these exempted U will be the villain in up coming Sagas.

2. Epi 78, 06:07
Kaioshin was wondering why U9 is chosen for the exhibition fight.
It's later revealed U7 and U9 has the lowest average among all the U. This convinces me that DBS is constantly throwing us little hints or future plot points here and there to be revealed later.

3. I once again believe Satan will befriend Zeno.

4. Exhibition match we are seeing how is only 1hr since announcement, which is Epi 77.

5. Epi 78: 17:14
All U Gods are not pleased with Goku attitude towards Zeno

6. Epi 79
Toppo is obviously big on respect.

7. Epi 79 12:44
Zeno was complaining the Buu fight shouldn't have ended and 1s second later, Grand Priest demanded the fight continue until Zeno is satisfied so anything goes. At 16:00, Grand Priest grins when he realised Zeno is pleased with the fight.
This convinces me that Grand Priest will cater to Zeno every needs immediately.

8. Epi 80 18:32
Grand Priest explains that loser U will be erased and Zeno will use Goku proposal for the tournament.
All U Gods were shocked but wasn't complaining about Goku until epi 81 when big bro wolf talk shit.

Latest episode was pretty good. They're now hyping Jiren (the alien fighting Goku in the intro).

More importantly, the latest manga chapter is out. It's very different than the anime. SSG (Red hair) is getting a lot more love and Vegeta is using a cool strategy instead of the punch, punch, punch of the anime

Dragon Ball Super: Chapter 22

Epi 82 is pretty decent. Confirms that Toppo despite being the leader isn't the strongest and the Gray Alien, Jiren, is. First time I seen the word "besmirched" outside of Sherdog.

40hrs is ridiculous short time for Gohan to make any major improvement :( Let's hope Vegeta have been secretly training as despite his worry on the birth of Bulla. Funny how they keep saying they are finding the strongest 10 in U7 but all is on Earth.

Also, this is the first time Grand Priest stops Zeno. I'm starting to understand the suspicions you guys had weeks ago.

Looks like the next 2 or 3 might be filler Epis.

Epi 82 is pretty decent. Confirms that Toppo despite being the leader isn't the strongest and the Gray Alien, Jiren, is. First time I seen the word "besmirched" outside of Sherdog.

40hrs is ridiculous short time for Gohan to make any major improvement :( Let's hope Vegeta have been secretly training as despite his worry on the birth of Bulla. Funny how they keep saying they are finding the strongest 10 in U7 but all is on Earth.

Also, this is the first time Grand Priest stops Zeno. I'm starting to understand the suspicions you guys had weeks ago.

Looks like the next 2 or 3 might be filler Epis.
Jiren getting a lot of hype. Pride troopers still have the Beerus look alike and female Broly too.

40 hours? Solution~Use the time chamber.

What I hope happens as soon as the torny starts Jiren just starts bodying everyone in site that is not on his team. So we can see how really strong he is if that universe is the strongest out of all the other weaker ones. I had feeling that toppo wouldn't be as strong as that grey alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back