The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsai

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Simple enough, this is a thread to discuss everything that relates to the Dragon Ball franchise, whether it be the manga, the anime series, the movies, the games, the merchandise, fan art, the abridged series, etc.

And we get it, most of you don't like GT, so try not to keep harping on about it. If you haven't watched Super yet, but consider yourself a real fan, then there's only one course of action... start watching it!!! Credit to Dr Hannibal Lecter

i was a big fan of DBZ/GT back in the 90's. I even had a website dedicated to DBZ in the late 90's. I have watched all Super episodes but boy is Super cheesy and weak as hell. I just watch it for the characters and nostalgia.

i was a big fan of DBZ/GT back in the 90's. I even had a website dedicated to DBZ in the late 90's. I have watched all Super episodes but boy is Super cheesy and weak as hell. I just watch it for the characters and nostalgia.
there is nothing wrong with that tho my new fav character is hit really like him so far

it's only ever interesting when Goku fights Hit. Hit by far is the best new character that has been introduced to the franchise.

I liked the last arc in Dragon Ball Super. Zamasu didn't have they coolest personality but all of the things he did to gain power were interesting. Hit should be a good villain.

it's only ever interesting when Goku fights Hit. Hit by far is the best new character that has been introduced to the franchise.
i like his fighting style the most

I just watched Epi 71. I'm surprised they started the Epi the way they did. Super is very different compared to Z in story telling. Black Saga and this current one make it seems like mystery genre.

I saw the preview as well. I do not believe that Goku came back to life as someone you guys mentioned in the last page of the previous thread. I believe the fight is chronologically between Hit telling Goku he will end it with one strike and Gohan group reaching.

Probably to prove Goku isn't so weak, or to prove Hit isn't so far above Goku skill wise. Goku probably put up a semi-decent fight. And Epi 72 will end just like Epi 71, with the trio claiming Goku is dead and Epi 73 will mourn him when everyone gathers and receive the news.

EDIT:
If it is how I believe it plays out.
The question is, do fans want Goku to stay dead til the franchise finishes?
Vegeta and Gohan will rise up as many hoped since Z.
But I will presume this will not sit well with the Japanese fan, just like they didn't want Gohan to replace Goku during the 90s which directly resulted in Saiyaman Saga and nerfing of Gohan.

Last edited:
I just watched Epi 71. I'm surprised they started the Epi the way they did. Super is very different compared to Z in story telling. Black Saga and this current one make it seems like mystery genre.

I saw the preview as well. I do not believe that Goku came back to life as someone you guys mentioned in the last page of the previous thread. I believe the fight is chronologically between Hit telling Goku he will end it with one strike and Gohan group reaching.

Probably to prove Goku isn't so weak, or to prove Hit isn't so far above Goku skill wise. Goku probably put up a semi-decent fight. And Epi 72 will end just like Epi 71, with the trio claiming Goku is dead and Epi 73 will mourn him when everyone gathers and receive the news.

EDIT:
If it is how I believe it plays out.
The question is, do fans want Goku to stay dead til the franchise finishes?
Vegeta and Gohan will rise up as many hoped since Z.
But I will presume this will not sit well with the Japanese fan, just like they didn't want Gohan to replace Goku during the 90s which directly resulted in Saiyaman Saga and nerfing of Gohan.
This Is a min arc it's only lasting 2 episodes the next episode will be the last then the main arc won't be tell February 5th and I know you don't but if u read the spoilers u know how certain things happen and do you really think With the Big tournament coming up they are going to leave Goku out of it fuck no after this next episode it's going to be taking a Break tell Jan 8th

Last edited:
This Is a min arc it's only lasting 2 episodes

2 Episodes? Wow, I thought it would be a full Arc that transit to the Zeno multiverse tournament. If it's indeed 2 episodes, it can't be called an arc, barely a filler even. Kind of disappointing, which is why I don't read spoilers. Wouldn't have been so excited about watching Epi 71 if I had known it's only 2 Epis.

And I believed that Goku could be out of the tournament, to build up Gohan and Vegeta. Like I said, all this is before you said it's 2 Epis.

See how spoilers sucks?

Whis hired Hit to train Goku

I am 101% positive about this

2 Episodes? Wow, I thought it would be a full Arc that transit to the Zeno multiverse tournament. If it's indeed 2 episodes, it can't be called an arc, barely a filler even. Kind of disappointing, which is why I don't read spoilers. Wouldn't have been so excited about watching Epi 71 if I had known it's only 2 Epis.

And I believed that Goku could be out of the tournament, to build up Gohan and Vegeta. Like I said, all this is before you said it's 2 Epis.

See how spoilers sucks?
for me personally i dont mind reading spoilers when comes 2 certain things I'm still excited even tho i read them i understand why u wouldn't be i know some people. read them know if they should get excited or not

Last edited:
Whis hired Hit to train Goku

I am 101% positive about this
in the spoilers it all resdy says who hired hit my guess is whis asked that person to do it for train goku more

Well the last episode answered a question that was on the minds of a few people. Turns out Frost is still alive. I guess it was just a long ass nap he was taking during the 2nd half of the U6 tournament.

It's funny that with everything that's happening (Magetta/Vegeta almost destroying the ring, Goku/Hit almost destroying the entire arena, Champa threatening to kill his own team and Zeno showing up), Frost is just there passed out the couch.

I
Well the last episode answered a question that was on the minds of a few people. Turns out Frost is still alive. I guess it was just a long ass nap he was taking during the 2nd half of the U6 tournament.

It's funny that with everything that's happening (Magetta/Vegeta almost destroying the ring, Goku/Hit almost destroying the entire arena, Champa threatening to kill his own team and Zeno showing up), Frost is just there passed out the couch.
He would have been passed out while dying if Champa got is way before king of everything showed up I hope he pops back up in the next main arc also sense going 10 members can't wait see the new people Champa picks for his team

Am I the only one who doesn't like Faulconer's soundtrack? The fact that it never stops makes me feel that I'm watching a music video or something. It also removes the tension from a lot of the scenes. In my opinion, it doesn't fit DBZ. Part of the charm of DBZ is that it's was made in the 90's and the original music is just so appropriate for the show.. I mean this theme goes so perfectly with this moment:

Here's an interesting tidbit that the people who don't read the manga might not be aware of:

Remember when Whis, in the anime, said the Grand Priest is among the top 5 fighters? Well, in the manga, Whis says the Grand Priest is actually the strongest, period. Whis also says he wouldn't even be able to touch the Grand Priest if they fought.

I assume, however, that the Grand Priest is still second to Zeno.

What's your guys opinion of Broly here? I feel he was such a wasted villain should have given him his own ark where he caused havok for the Z fighters.

What's your guys opinion of Broly here? I feel he was such a wasted villain should have given him his own ark where he caused havok for the Z fighters.
I've only seen 6 DB movies. Dead Zone, World's Strongest, Tree of Might, Rebirth of Fusion, Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F.

Broly seemed like a cool character when I was young but from the way he was described in the movies made me uninterested. He sounded like a dumb hulk character with very shallow motivations as a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back