THE Official 2017 S&C Deadlift Competition Thread

But what does that have to do with this pull?

Do you not agree that your knees don't appear to be locked?
If it's good enough for USAPL judges, I don't see why you wouldn't pass the lift watching on a phone video. But hey, like I said, I'll do it again or you can take official meet results. Or whatever, this is supposed to be fun, I was thinking, but maybe not so much.

edit -- when I say I'd do it again if needed, I mean I'd do the same weight to show that I can lift it, and I'd do it with a singlet on to show my quads flexing hard at the end as I lock out. Also, if the form looks ugly, I'd submit it's because this is an actual max effort for me, as hard as I can pull, not some sandbagged amount way under my prior max like a certain detractor of mine has submitted.

The reason I don't mention my knee right away is because I didn't feel the need to fully explain myself to the self-appointed critic of everyone's lifts here. MatterOverMind, however, can call for me to redo the lift if he'd like.

Last edited:
I'll add this, but I'm done going back and forth with roid boy, and have put him on ignore...

In case the lockout on my deadlift looks odd to anyone... My first knee surgery when I was 39 left me with a right knee that doesn't bend or extend to full range of motion. In meets, I've explained (and demonstrated) this to the judges and it's never been a big deal. So just in case the lift looks unfinished, that's all the farther that leg locks. That's in case you're wondering.

Definitely don't mention all that in your initial post with your video. Or in your initial response to me.

Lol what the actual fuck.

In case the lockout on my deadlift looks odd to anyone... My first knee surgery when I was 39 left me with a right knee that doesn't bend or extend to full range of motion. In meets, I've explained (and demonstrated) this to the judges and it's never been a big deal. So just in case the lift looks unfinished, that's all the farther that leg locks. That's in case you're wondering.
I don't know why you didn't respond with this right away, but I'm fine with it.

I don't know why you didn't respond with this right away, but I'm fine with it.

So my critique was 100% correct and justified and, instead of just explaining, dude loses his mind and resorts to starting a shit storm of personal attacks. Then puts me on ignore. Good stuff.

Just curious...It doesn't make much sense that he'd offer to "do it again, if necessary" and then, a few minutes later, explain how his knee can't fully extend...

ce2.png

#integrity

Also, if the form looks ugly, I'd submit it's because this is an actual max effort for me, as hard as I can pull, not some sandbagged amount way under my prior max like a certain detractor of mine has submitted.

Your form looks ugly because your form is ugly. You're doing the typical "pull conventional with a sumo stance" deadlift. But, you don't seem too set on improving, so who cares.

Sandbagged? Are you referring to me? I pulled 98.5% of my PR, and the heaviest I've deadlifted since June 2016, on a random day. Then failed 690 right after. What a sanbagged rep...

The reason I don't mention my knee right away is because I didn't feel the need to fully explain myself to the self-appointed critic of everyone's lifts here. MatterOverMind, however, can call for me to redo the lift if he'd like.

Lol right. I think you're full of shit, but I could be wrong. So, competition members can't critique other competition members' lifts, but MOM can just because he's the one who volunteered to run the thread and edit the OP? That's pretty weird, since he wasn't appointed head judge/authority figure or anything like that. You might be unaware on how competitions have run here, in the past, but whether or not a lift counts is generally decided on by the other competitors. I can't help that the other people who are supposed to be competing aren't chiming in. I'm assuming, for some, it's a matter of not knowing what they're looking at/for, since some aren't even sure how to actually pull a deadlift 1RM.

The way you take critique to your lifting or anything lifting related that you post is pretty strange. You did the same thing with MOM in your training log when he commented on one of your bench sets. Maybe you just value yourself as some sort of training authority figure on here and can't handle it when your training/lifting technique or material in your posts is questioned, but it's pretty weird.

Last edited:
I don't chime in because I am not able to view vids at work, and I don't check Sherdog when I'm at home.

Pulling conventional with a sumo stance is pretty much 99.9% of sumo deadlift vids.

participants dictate good lifts.

Last edited:
The right knee doesn't look locked out. Now that we are all aware of your issue maybe it shouldn't be a big deal.

Having people comment on and critique our deadlifts is a good thing, nothing worth getting bent out of shape about. I look forward to input from people here, my deadlift has gone to shit lately. These contests are run so everybody involved gets a little extra motivation to perform better right?

That's the way these competitions work for most people. Not all, I guess.

Now that we are all aware of your issue maybe it shouldn't be a big deal.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if he didn't wait until after starting a shit storm to inform everyone of his knee surgery.

Bitch about it somewhere else if you must, but don't do it here.

Your form looks ugly because your form is ugly. You're doing the typical "pull conventional with a sumo stance" deadlift. But, you don't seem too set on improving, so who cares.

Sandbagged? Are you referring to me? I pulled 98.5% of my PR, and the heaviest I've deadlifted since June 2016, on a random day. Then failed 690 right after. What a sanbagged rep...

Lol right. I think you're full of shit, but I could be wrong. So, competition members can't critique other competition members' lifts, but MOM can just because he's the one who volunteered to run the thread and edit the OP? That's pretty weird, since he wasn't appointed head judge/authority figure or anything like that. You might be unaware on how competitions have run here, in the past, but whether or not a lift counts is generally decided on by the other competitors. I can't help that the other people who are supposed to be competing aren't chiming in. I'm assuming, for some, it's a matter of not knowing what they're looking at/for, since some aren't even sure how to actually pull a deadlift 1RM.

The way you take critique to your lifting or anything lifting related that you post is pretty strange. You did the same thing with MOM in your training log when he commented on one of your bench sets. Maybe you just value yourself as some sort of training authority figure on here and can't handle it when your training/lifting technique or material in your posts is questioned, but it's pretty weird.

1. It's "MoM."

2. MoM is the fucking law around here.

Nah, you're not.

You can't handle any sort of criticism of your lifting.
Pipe down jim.

I'm ok with participants deciding if a lift passes or fails. I just hope people get involved and it doesn't turn into one or two individuals judging the lifts.

Back