"The Notorious" vs. "Money": Pick Winner, Round, Exact Outcome

conor 3rd round tko (via hook kick followed by ground and pound)

Okay I'll give my prediction:

Mendes is going to win. In the clinch punches via tko. 4th round

but if that doesn't happen..

Conor via head kick, 2nd round

Conor McGregor via TKO in round 1 (Possibly 2)

Mini Mendes will be taking his nap in the 1st.

I think this might go the distance, with both guys having big moments.

Chad Mendes wins the decision.

Conor TKO round 2

Conor wins in the second round via TKO [After almost finishing him in the first].

^^^ i concur.

conor by flying scissor heel hook at the 3:11 mark of the second round.

Mendes by unanimous decision. 49-46.

I would like for Conor to win and be able to back up everything that he's said. He's a fantastic character and I will be routing for him to get the win, however, I can't see past Mendes. I think Chad will get a take down within the first 30 seconds and when he does, his confidence will soar.

I like both guys, here's hoping they put on a memorable one. I'm very excited for this fight and card and it's been a while since I've felt that way.

Mendes via KO in round 4. Events transpire as stated below.

Fight

Rd 1: Mendes hangs with Conor in the standup and laughs off some taunting. Conor slips in a few flashy kicks to the body, which Mendes shrugs off. Things are relatively uneventful until about halfway through the round where Chad takes Conor down on a failed roundhouse attempt. Chad controls Conor and rains punches for a 10-9.

Rd 2: Mendes, now more comfortable with Conor's style, takes Conor down repeatedly and this time beats Conor badly for a 10-9, possible 10-8.

Rd 3:
Mendes continues to beat on an exhausted Conor McGregor. Conor survives the round on his elbows and knees in a turtle position, while a ref reluctantly allows Conor to continue to the end of what is likely a 10-8 round.

Rd 4:
Chad continues to beat an exhausted McGregor who simply has no answer for Chad's onslaught. Chad does some obnoxious showboating (winding up punches) against his helpless foe, drawing boos from the crowd. Eventually Chad lands an underarm punch, knocking McGregor unconscious. The camera cuts away at a shot of Conor's legs convulsing. Though the crowd is loud and enthusiastic, the end is rather merciful and anti-climactic. It is clear to all observers that Conor should not have been in there with Chad.

Post-Fight

In his post-fight interview, Chad will be confronted with his disrespectful showboating. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I guess I just kind of let the fight go to my head. That was not cool of me. All respect to Conor though, he's a great competitor. I'm sure we'll be seeing him again real soon. Right now I'm just trying to stay focused on that belt. So, Jose, if you can hear me... heal up brother. Money Mendes is back, and he's looking for you."

Conor, who is under observation at the hospital and not present at the post-fight conference, releases a statement on Twitter later that night. "You can't win them all. These things happen. Respect to Chad. I will be back stronger."

Epilogue

3 days later, Conor tests positive for banned substances. The UFC denies any knowledge of this, although confidential sources contradict this claim. A investigation is launched. And that's as far as my crystal ball can see.

You heard it here first.

Connor by whatever he wants, when he wants it. You of little faith...

Connor Bless

Conor by decision. I know its not the most likely scenario, but its the best line in betting IMO.

Back