The night I thought the world was going to end

O

Overtures

I was thirteen and fairly dumb in hindsight.

My buddy and I were coming back from our friends house. He lived a few neighborhoods over. We all lived on the edge of town. The easiest way to get back home was to take a dirt road that bordered the neighborhood.

I was on the back pegs of my buddy's bike. It was already dark out, probably ten pm.

At the time, I was deep into secret societies, paranormal stuff, and UFO sightings. I mean, I was all in.

So as we're headed down this dirt road, we happen to look up. And we see these three lights maybe the size of cars zipping in a circle around the neighborhood, about 300 or 400ft above. They are moving way faster than any plane or helicopter could go. And they're moving in perfect unison and geometry. So of course, we think this is it, this is the alien invasion.

My buddy asks what they are. I tell em straight it's aliens of Russian bombers. He starts hauling ass down this haggard dirt road with me on the back pegs.

He's going like twenty miles an hour. And he keeps going that fast the entire way back to my house, probably a mile. Then I jump off and he's gone down the road.

I run inside and put my head phones in and start listening to Green Day, rocking back and forth.

Of course nothing happened and the lights weren't ufos. But I swear I really did think it was all over.

Last edited by a moderator:

My buddy and I were coming back from our friends house. He lived a few neighborhoods over. We all lived on the edge of town. The easiest way to get back home was to take a dirt road that bordered the neighborhood.

I was on the back pegs of my buddy's bike. It was already dark out, probably ten pm.

At the time, I was deep into secret societies, paranormal stuff, and UFO sightings. I mean, I was all in.

So as we're headed down this dirt road, we happen to look up. And we see these three lights maybe the size of cars zipping in a circle around the neighborhood. They are moving way faster than any plane or helicopter could go. So of course, we think this is it, this is the alien invasion.

My buddy asks what they are. I tell em straight it's aliens of Russian bombers. He starts hauling ass down this haggard dirt road with me on the back pegs.

He's going like twenty miles an hour. And he keeps going that fast the entire way back to my house, probably a mile. Then I jump off and he's gone down the road.

I run inside and put my head phones in and start listening to Green Day, rocking back and forth.

Of course nothing happened and the lights weren't ufos. But I swear I really did think it was all over.
Cool story, Bro!

No, seriously...cool story.

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic at first.

It was the Joker messing with the bat signal

They looked just like this, only they were moving much faster.

I dont think I was that retarded at that age- but then again, I didnt have any friends either.

I don't know why, but I enjoyed that story.

TS is an alien

So as we're headed down this dirt road, we happen to look up. And we see these three lights maybe the size of cars zipping in a circle around the neighborhood, about 300 or 400ft above. They are moving way faster than any plane or helicopter could go. And they're moving in perfect unison and geometry. So of course, we think this is it, this is the alien invasion.

That actually sounds like an awesome time. I'm having fun just imagining it, haha.

So what were they?
giphy.gif

Back