The Next UFC Star After Conor McGregor's MMA Career Ends

But Lesnar was a star beforehand. And Rousey is the anomaly/novelty because she was the first bigtime women’s mma fighter in the UFC. McGregor is a homegrown mma fighter who transcended fighting to become a name that hangs itself amongst the Ronaldo’s, Curry’s, and Mayweather’s of the sports world. Look at his IG. Guy has double the followers of Kyrie Irving. Who is one of the biggest names in basketball. He’s a mega star. Sometimes it’s crazy to see considering he was just a loudmouth kid talking shit in Cage Warriors at one point. Even though I am not a fan, I must admit I enjoyed his rise/ascension into superstardom. It’s been amazing to witness him going from a nobody to hanging with Cristiano Ronaldo, to fighting Floyd, and now starting his own Whiskey that will no doubt take off as well. Man is legendary and even his haters have to admit it.

Brock's WWE career had little impact on his MMA one. And Ronda being the first female fighter that was pushed hard in the UFC doesn't guarantee that she would become a star like she did.

He probably isn't born yet tbh. If you are talking about reaching the same level of stardom. If not , Jon Jones, especially if he fights Brock Lesnar and finishes him.

Brock's WWE career had little impact on his MMA one. And Ronda being the first female fighter that was pushed hard in the UFC doesn't guarantee that she would become a star like she did.
Lmaooo how did Brock’s wwe career not have an impact on his mma one? He was a star in wwe. Dude was huge already. You think he would’ve fought Frank Mir or had a title shot if he was somebody random? Come on now that’s ridiculous.

Lmaooo how did Brock’s wwe career not have an impact on his mma one? He was a star in wwe. Dude was huge already. You think he would’ve fought Frank Mir or had a title shot if he was somebody random? Come on now that’s ridiculous.

It got him in the door, I'm saying it didn't turn him into the massive star that he became. He was an average draw in the 'E when he left. Hell, he's been a pretty average draw for them most of the time since he went back.

Some other circus monkey w/ a good left hand and sub par grappling skills.

It got him in the door, I'm saying it didn't turn him into the massive star that he became. He was an average draw in the 'E when he left. Hell, he's been a pretty average draw for them most of the time since he went back.
How is “getting him in the door” having little impact? That’s the impact right there. It got him in the door. He doesn’t do wwe nobody gives a fuck about him lol.

How is “getting him in the door” having little impact? That’s the impact right there. It got him in the door. He doesn’t do wwe nobody gives a fuck about him lol.

My point is people (the vast majority of them anyway) weren't buying his fights because he used to be a WWE guy. They were buying 'em for other reasons: His skills, charisma, overall aura as a fighter, etc.

Ortega is a whiny bitch who looks like a girl and doesn't have any charisma

UFC was hoping for Till to take off but obviously that didn't happen

Cormier is too bland

If Colby wins the belt, you can be sure he'll say some ridiculous shit that will keep him in the news so i think he would be well known

Adesanya could cultivate some youth meme youtube bullshit fan following i guess

I think it'll be a while until we see a McGregor-level star though

Fitting into today’s culture, and relatable with almost all the youth now.

Prolly Sean O’Malley

Back