The Next UFC Star After Conor McGregor's MMA Career Ends

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Who have you got? I think Israel Adesanya is a good shout. I also think Brian Ortega could be a really big star depending on how he is promoted and how he promotes himself, and if he can win the featherweight belt.

Who have you got? I think Israel Adesanya is a good shout. I also think Brian Ortega could be a really big star depending on how he is promoted and how he promotes himself, and if he can win the featherweight belt.

Talk the talk, walk the walk, and that walk better be exciting.

These guys don't know self promotion for jack shit. Colby would be alright if he was exciting and wasn't acting autistic.

Nobody. There will never be another fighter that reaches McGregor level. This guy is no longer just a fighter or a star. He’s a brand and an icon. I’m not even a fan and I can admit that. No mma fighter has ever come close. McGregor is legendary in pop culture. Everybody knows who he is. Good luck going to your local bar and asking ppl who Brian Ortega or whatever is. Those guys will never come close.

It won't be anybody currently on the roster.

It will probably be somebody like Logan Paul.

It could have been me if I had chosen to become an MMA fighter years ago. The UFC even began on my birthday (November 12th), so it feels like I would have been destined to be the GOAT. But it was not to be.

Nobody. There will never be another fighter that reaches McGregor level. This guy is no longer just a fighter or a star. He’s a brand and an icon. I’m not even a fan and I can admit that. No mma fighter has ever come close. McGregor is legendary in pop culture. Everybody knows who he is. Good luck going to your local bar and asking ppl who Brian Ortega or whatever is. Those guys will never come close.

If Lesnar had stuck around and not been forced to retire, he would have been close. Same with Ronda in her division. I don't quite think they'd quite reach McGregor's complete level of superstardom, but they'd be pretty close nonetheless.

Hard to say. Like others I'd guess the next big star isn't in the UFC yet. The rise to fame usually happens quickly, some might even call it meteoric.

If Lesnar had stuck around and not been forced to retire, he would have been close. Same with Ronda in her division. I don't quite think they'd quite reach McGregor's complete level of superstardom, but they'd be pretty close nonetheless.
But Lesnar was a star beforehand. And Rousey is the anomaly/novelty because she was the first bigtime women’s mma fighter in the UFC. McGregor is a homegrown mma fighter who transcended fighting to become a name that hangs itself amongst the Ronaldo’s, Curry’s, and Mayweather’s of the sports world. Look at his IG. Guy has double the followers of Kyrie Irving. Who is one of the biggest names in basketball. He’s a mega star. Sometimes it’s crazy to see considering he was just a loudmouth kid talking shit in Cage Warriors at one point. Even though I am not a fan, I must admit I enjoyed his rise/ascension into superstardom. It’s been amazing to witness him going from a nobody to hanging with Cristiano Ronaldo, to fighting Floyd, and now starting his own Whiskey that will no doubt take off as well. Man is legendary and even his haters have to admit it.

Like someone mentioned above is gonna be close to impossible for someone on the current roster

I still think Darren Till has the highest chance

There are many good fighters. I cant understand the popularity of this guy, seriously. He talks disrespectedly ans immature he is such an unlikeable person, he shows no class. Check Aldo vs His pc and check Aldo Vs Holloway's. I really dont understand these people.

Nobody that we know of right now

Kind of a stupid question

Back