The Next Level in Ground Fighting

The funny thing about him saying 'i could do this or that', is that he's actually giving himself a huge advantage in this 'demonstration' by just being purely defensive; if he were to actually try to open up and attack with his own offense, that would in turn create opportunities exposing him to their offense. But you know teenage kids still got in on him anyways.

Take either of those kids, any fair-to-middling competitor, and tell him the only thing he has to do is be defensive, and he can coast through nine minutes against anyone without a single point being scored on him, just playing keep-away. He'd likely get dq'ed far before then, but the reality of it is that stalling is fundamentally one of, if not the, easiest things there is to do in the fight game.

Last edited:
The funny thing about him saying 'i could do this or that', is that he's actually giving himself a huge advantage in this 'demonstration' by just being purely defensive; if he were to actually try to open up and attack with his own offense, that would in turn create opportunities exposing him to their offense.

Take either of those kids, any fair-to-middling competitor, and tell him the only thing he has to do is be defensive, and he can very likely coast through nine minutes against anyone without a single point being scored on him, just playing keep-away. He'd likely get dq'ed far before then, but the reality of it is that stalling is fundamentally one of, if not the, easiest things there is to do in the fight game.

Yup. Learning to stall against wrestlers while hiding behind the jab makes up about 99% of my sparring ability.

When you need to pass closed guard but your posture is broken, make sure you post a hand on the floor to help you balance as you walk a foot around to their head.

Interesting note: that's actually something Tony Cecchine shows in his old CACC tapes. I've used it on lower belts when I shove them back from hip-bumping me and I can use their momentum to turn them over. I've been wanting to see if I can make it work now that I'm a purple belt.

Why did that Guy Fieri look a like challenge those high school wrestlers to a grappling match when he doesn't know how to do anything but pant heavily and make excuses as to why he would win under "street rules"?

I too was left with more questions than answers after watching this atrocious video. However it turns out that the Wing Chun man did wrestle at school

Interesting note: that's actually something Tony Cecchine shows in his old CACC tapes. I've used it on lower belts when I shove them back from hip-bumping me and I can use their momentum to turn them over. I've been wanting to see if I can make it work now that I'm a purple belt.

lol I mean, if you're sweet, you're sweet. I just think that most people, certainly the people learning in that video need to stick to the basics.

lol I mean, if you're sweet, you're sweet. I just think that most people, certainly the people learning in that video need to stick to the basics.

Why don't you have more respect for TMAs? Here's something that would get us all to tap out, from Victor Guitterez' Wing Tsun Anti-Grappling tapes, the key to defeating ANY BJJ fighter

giphy.gif

No crappling here.

Never forget Position before Submission

This is the kind of TMA guy I hate the most. Some of these guys have some actual grappling ability. You can see him doing a few things that make you think he might be able to roll a little. Pushing with his head. Keeping his back straight. They aren't things anyone really learns in Silat.

Knowing how to actually grapple though, just a little, makes your demonstrations much better and gives you skills your students can never fucking ever get by doing Silat, even if you yourself might not even be at a blue belt level.

Because people can't fuck with you (because the untrained can't beat a two stripe white belt most of the time) they believe you're right, so you can show them all kinds of stupid bullshit and they'll eat it up.

what kind of drugs do they take before they do this?

When you need to pass closed guard but your posture is broken, make sure you post a hand on the floor to help you balance as you walk a foot around to their head.
i appreciate that tip ill try it for sure, anything else you suggest?

Back