The Next Level in Ground Fighting

Who crosses their feet? I've never had anyone but the freshest of the fresh cross.

I do it all the time, you have to be aware, you can cross it over your opponents tights as well. It gives you much control in some situations, but if you have your opponent on his side, theres no need for crossing your feet anymore.

I do it all the time, you have to be aware, you can cross it over your opponents tights as well. It gives you much control in some situations, but if you have your opponent on his side, theres no need for crossing your feet anymore.

I don't run into it. Can't remember the last time I have. Styles man. I guess it'd make it harder to escape if you're sweet at it.

I don't run into it. Can't remember the last time I have. Styles man. I guess it'd make it harder to escape if you're sweet at it.

if you have long legs, go for a body triangle, much better ontrol, but if you dont, well, crossing your ankles is a good option...

if you have long legs, go for a body triangle, much better ontrol, but if you dont, well, crossing your ankles is a good option...

I was thinking about it. What if you're shorter than your opponent by a significant amount? You'd be able to hold the seat belt or RNC with your chest to his back and still have your feet crossed so high up their torso that they would have a hard time applying the lock.

What do you think?

Long legs = triangle
Short legs = possibly cross feet
Similar length legs = possible triangle or hooks

I was thinking about it. What if you're shorter than your opponent by a significant amount? You'd be able to hold the seat belt or RNC with your chest to his back and still have your feet crossed so high up their torso that they would have a hard time applying the lock.

What do you think?

Long legs = triangle
Short legs = possibly cross feet
Similar length legs = possible triangle or hooks

if you can cross your ankles and keep them above the waist theres no way he can ankle lock you.

If you have short legs, depends on the position, I normally cross them when my opponent is making me flat and puttin ghs weight on me, or if we are seat, if im on my side, I normally try to go for body triangle or hooks, because my objective is to trap an arm.

Happens more often that you think.

I got caught crossing my feet's a couple of month ago. Lol

Not me. I'll never do it.

thinking-black-guy-youll-never-cross-your-feet-if-you-cant-take-the-back.jpg

Yeah at 6 2 170 lbs I like the body triangle lotz, especially with an arm trap.

I bet you n00bz don't know this sick STREET CERTIFIED guillotine defense.

I know you people think your combat sports are the shit. You're wrong.

Get ready for traditional ground fighting.

Im like 95% sure this guy just saw a catch instructional and ripped off what he thought looked the coolest.

Last edited:
These guys would get wiped out by one month white belts of their age and weight but at least they are training on the ground and acknowledging that it exists.

attacking crossed ankles / body triangle when your opponent has your back is legit, it's one of those things that it's stupid but if you end up in that position you have to take action and defend correctly

If you youtube search "ninjitsu ground fighting" you will come back with all kinds of hilarious results.

If you youtube search "ninjitsu ground fighting" you will come back with all kinds of hilarious results.

Last year I was looking for a new gym. I went to a ninjitsu gym because they advertised a sparring and grappling night (invite only pussies). It was too hardcore for me. No bullshit, they were practicing ippon seoi nage by wrapping a thin metal chain around the uke's wrist. They were getting fucked. up.

A lot of people talk about the ankle lock, but I have find that the main problem with crossing the feet is that the opponent has an easier time in spinning towards you thus ending up in your guard.

Interestingly my post yesterday at 11:34pm does not seem to have moved this thread up the time-order list.

I respect this guy, becasue hes there proving his shit, eventhough he might have bought into to it too much.

Now theres a whole bunch of vids with some wacko who thinks hes some type of steven seagal but with no bullshit... well, theres some silly shit being shown by them.

Why did that Guy Fieri look a like challenge those high school wrestlers to a grappling match when he doesn't know how to do anything but pant heavily and make excuses as to why he would win under "street rules"?

Back