The next generation of MMA superstars in this video...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have watched a lot of Judo and boxing matches respectively and I must say, this judo tournament had AMAZING talents and all had great athletic abilities besides technique. By far the best judo tournament, very fast, explosive, technical and all athletes showed great endurance as well as heart and perseverance in their competition. All respect to the Armenian judo fighters!

Time stamped where it starts:

If you guys want to see more video or if you have any questions PLEASE don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have!

What is this doing in the ufc section? Im sure you can find some judo subforum where you can stick this. This has nothing to do with mma.

I have watched a lot of Judo and boxing matches respectively and I must say, this judo tournament had AMAZING talents and all had great athletic abilities besides technique. By far the best judo tournament, very fast, explosive, technical and all athletes showed great endurance as well as heart and perseverance in their competition. All respect to the Armenian judo fighters!

Time stamped where it starts:

If you guys want to see more video or if you have any questions PLEASE don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have!

Better hope they can take a punch or throw one.

What is this doing in the ufc section? Im sure you can find some judo subforum where you can stick this. This has nothing to do with mma.

They are the future of MMA.

Better hope they can take a punch or throw one.
Judo actually teaches you how to avoid strikes while entering the clinch.

Well at least real judo and not this Olympic rules crap judo a lot of places teach nowadays.

Anyone who knows MMA knows young prospect Erick Silva is the future. Waste of a thread.

Does anyone take the "ne waza" aspect of judo seriously anymore?

I thought the point of judo was take your opponent down and then sub him.

Last edited:
Rick Hawn, Lombard, Akiyama all got hit a lot.

I see your point but still need to be able to throw a punch. Gotta cross train to survive.

I have done judo and one thing is, there is lots of tension in the stand up portion of it. Its like, you never know when you get thrown and it can be painful and terrifying because one second your fine and next second you are being launched in the air and slammed to the mat.

It has that same tension as getting punched because its so sudden and out of nowhere. Conquering or overcoming this aspect gives the judoka a unique form of confidence.

Does anyone take the next was aspect of judo seriously anymore?

I thought the point of judo was take your opponent down and then sub him.

Wat-Meme-Grandma-Travels-Through-a-Space-Of-Confusion.gif

I have done judo and one thing is, there is lots of tension in the stand up portion of it. Its like, you never know when you get thrown and it can be painful and terrifying because one second your fine and next second you are being launched in the air and slammed to the mat.

It has that same tension as getting punched because its so sudden and out of nowhere. Conquering or overcoming this aspect gives the judoka a unique form of confidence.

It's a very reflex building activity.

No question but there is a different kind of mobility and footwork combination for striking. Judo is a bit more forgiving in the pocket.

It's a very reflex building activity.

No question but there is a different kind of mobility and footwork combination for striking. Judo is a bit more forgiving in the pocket.

That's true, myself, I am trying to combine boxing and judo by learning the transitions and see which moves flow well together.

One thing I experienced in my neck of the woods as a student of boxing is, there are lots of piece of shits in boxing who resort in dirty tactics during close range/clinches. I have noticed that using judos Kuzushi/balance breaking helps and also, the endurance gained in judo is great for boxing clinch since you can have a shitty boxer who only clinches people and tries to grind them out by making them tired in the clinch. With the judo experience you will be able to handle it better.

"Ne waza" I'm sorry. I didn't notice what the spell check did.

Back