The New 100 Burpee Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggiebrother said:
Guys, curious as to what you felt first, cardiovascular fatigue or lactic acid buildup in the legs ?

Definitely the lactic acid. I was shocked at how fast it hit me. I went in with no gameplan other than I wanted to do short bursts. It was a learning experience.

I've searched the web for any mention of Burpee world records. I'm not talking about just this 100 Burpee challenge, just ANY Burpee world record

Can anyone find anything ?

I tried this for the first time last night. Was it ever a wake up call.. I gotta get back to burpees.

Under 200lbs

8 minutes 12 seconds.

Biggiebrother said:
I've searched the web for any mention of Burpee world records. I'm not talking about just this 100 Burpee challenge, just ANY Burpee world record

I seem to remember seeing something about a guy setting a world record for performing as many as possilbe in a day, think he got well over 10k, which is just insane.

SmashiusClay said:
I seem to remember seeing something about a guy setting a world record for performing as many as possilbe in a day, think he got well over 10k, which is just insane.

Was it Paddy Doyle? I think I recall him setting the WR for most SQUAT THRUSTS in a single day.

Biggiebrother said:

I once smashed my head on a twelve foot ceiling on my tuck jump, setting the world record for highest burpee jump ever performed. That was in 1923 and it's still in the books.

I'd like to go on record in saying that I'm ashamed of my fellow 200+ pounders. Five entries??? Come on! I sucked, but at least I did it, and I plan to do it again.

Got a new time 7:40, it is still crap and I need to do this shit more...

hope I can get one more try before Jan 1st

Biggiebrother said:

BURPEES

* 15 min: 470, 19 Feb 1992, Stocks, Birmingham WR
490, 22 Feb 1993, Irish Centre, Birmingham WR
30 min: 860, 19 Feb 1992, Stocks, Birmingham WR
930, 22 Feb 1993, Irish Centre, Birmingham WR
1 hour: 1,619, 21 June 1991, ICC Birmingham WR
1,649, 19 Feb 1992, Boys club Birmingham WR
1,822, 6 Feb 1993, Irish Centre, Birmingham WR
1,840, 6 Feb 1994, Bull Public House Polesworth WR
1,850, 25 Nov 1995, Dubliner, Digbeth, Birmingham WR
* 5 hours: 4,921, 25 Nov 1995, Dubliner Public House, Birmingham WR
* one week: 21,409, July 1999, Fairford Air Show, Gloucester WR

Taken from:
http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/doyle.html

Holy crap that is alot of burpees. What I have done seems lika a fart in a hurricane

fat_wilhelm said:
I'd like to go on record in saying that I'm ashamed of my fellow 200+ pounders. Five entries??? Come on! I sucked, but at least I did it, and I plan to do it again.

I second that because you KNOW there is a boatload of keyboard warrior, obese computer geeks on this forum. BUt I guess that's why they aren't browsing the conditiong section.....

Yep the Conditioning forum is sadly quite slow with traffic

I would say 85-90% of Sherdog members are keyboard warriors, look there is nothing wrong with that, 85-90% of people who watch the NBA don't play Basketball seriously

Biggiebrother said:
Yep the Conditioning forum is sadly quite slow with traffic.

Yeah, it's been slow. It picked up for a bit but has slowed down lately.

just attempted the 100.. usually don't put in that much so i was very very gassed by the end lol...
Under 200lbs -- time was 7:37

This seems to be the best way I have tried:
20 (I found this the hardest one)

i felt cardio fatigue first over the acid... My pace was way too intense for the first two mins and i decided to try and tone it down before i gassed out..

Next time i try this i think i'll have the proper pace to beat my past time without making any gains.. Should i incorporate burpees in between heavy bag rounds? I typically just jump rope but am thinking of throwing those in as well..

All right, going to try this. I know I won't come any where near 100. But I'll do as many as I can until I feel I'm going to die. Eventually I'll get better (I'll do other conditioning work outs) and I'll try to get to 100 by this time next month....

Wow I thought I was in O.K. shape, but it took me about 2 minutes just to do 30. I realized the futility at that point and I'm going to work up to 100, god I feel fat right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back