The narrative that Conor McGregor made $100 million to fight Floyd Mayweather.

My guess is he made around 80 million for the Floyd fight. So 100 mil isn't too crazy. But half of that is going to go to taxes and stuff. So people acting like he had 80 or 100 mill in the bank are crazy. Still a ton of money. But nothing close to what your big MLB, NBA, and NFL contracts are worth.

100 million was bull shit, just like Nate was 3x his size. His payday on this was around 30 million all said & done.
Only one party involved in this celebrity sparing match is bragging about how much they made & it's not Floyd, the UFC or Showtime.
Even so 30 millions is getting paid large. Nevermind having no business being in there & looking like fool before a little guy twice your age decided it's time to knock your ass out.
100 million, bull shit. 30 million for being completely unqualified, winning.

Does Floyd solely own Mayweather promotions? If so, has he not cashed that cheque because there is not enough money left in the business for himself to pay himself?
Thank you! I could write a check to myself for 100 million and post it on here. Legal bank check

No payment for that amount is EVER written on a check! Wire transfer, electronic....end of story

Thank you! I could write a check to myself for 100 million and post it on here. Legal bank check

No payment for that amount is EVER written on a check! Wire transfer, electronic....end of story

LOL so true. You can't cash a check for 100 mil. Money wires only.

I really don’t care how much he made, I’m more concerned if he’s ever gonna fookin fight in the UFC again.

That's show money, you have to prove to the NSAC before a fight that you have the money in escrow to be able to pay for the fighters show money when you're at sanctioned event. So, not having the money was definitely not the reason it wasn't cashed.

Having the money to pay the fighters at the time of the event, is different from being able to pay them (or himself from the company) three years later. I was thinking he held onto the cheque for so long without cashing it, that he might no longer have the money in Mayweather promotions to pay himself.

ive seen dana say since that conor is worth about 75 million. sounds like the ufc took half of that hundred and conor of course has his ufc earnings and money from sponsorship

If Conor made $100 M, close to half of that would be lost in tax. He also had to pay his manager and trainer, and other misclaneous fees. This would leave him with approximately $30-50 M plus the $25 M he had made previously in the UFC. Dana would probably know better than almost anyone.
Basically for him to walk away with $30 M he would probably have to make $100 M. Unfortunately, everyone is throwing around terms that are open to interpretation.
If his net worth is $75 M he certainly earned around $200M before tax and expenses.

I don't believe he made a dollar over 99 million.

Mayweather's already broken the code, he always makes the lion's share in these big fights. But promoters don't mind because even a small percentage of those fights ends up being more than 100% of most other events.

I don't think that anyone really believes that Conor grossed $100 mill. Whatever he walked away with was a hell of a lot more than any mma fighter has ever earned though.

those funny numbers are all part of the whole marketing

He made a shit ton. He never has to work again if he so chooses.

He came into the UFC...became its biggest star....beat 2 champions...then boxed Floyd Mayweather. He's won life.

"The standard breakdown as far as money is concerned is a 10% fee off the top for the distributor, with 45% each for the cable system and the promoter. So when you see a price tag on a fight, you know that the promoter will get about 45% of that."

https://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/business-of-boxing-how-does-the-pay-per-view-deal-work/

Showtime is a distributor, so they would get 10%.
Cable company would get 45%.

That leaves 45% of the PPV revenue to be split between Mayweather, McGregor, and the UFC <45>.
Which is nuts. It doesn't seem like the cable company even has to do much. All of the things are already in place. They should be getting 10 or 20% at most.

Lol, TS, the information about how much connor got after deductions was posted not long after the fight
100 mill before deductions, zuffa took 40%, he then paid taxes in Vegas and in Ireland, he got about 30-35 million USD after everyone took their share

He made $100 million +.
Facts.

Some fat virgin nerd online whining about it isn't going to change that fact.

My guess is he made around 80 million for the Floyd fight. So 100 mil isn't too crazy. But half of that is going to go to taxes and stuff. So people acting like he had 80 or 100 mill in the bank are crazy. Still a ton of money. But nothing close to what your big MLB, NBA, and NFL contracts are worth.
Not sure about other sports, but I had heard a year or two ago that Matthew Stafford (Lions QB) was highest paid guy in the NFL. He was getting like $25-30 million a year. Which of course is a ton, but a lot less than their single single boxing fight. Of course that was a one-off fight. But even if Conor makes $10 million per fight in the UFC, he only needs to fight 2-3 a year to make about the same as the highest paid NFL guy.

"The standard breakdown as far as money is concerned is a 10% fee off the top for the distributor, with 45% each for the cable system and the promoter. So when you see a price tag on a fight, you know that the promoter will get about 45% of that."

https://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/business-of-boxing-how-does-the-pay-per-view-deal-work/

Showtime is a distributor, so they would get 10%.
Cable company would get 45%.

That leaves 45% of the PPV revenue to be split between Mayweather, McGregor, and the UFC <45>.

Boxing doesn't just make money off of the PPV buys though. Sponsors, ticket sales and other things come into play as well.

Not sure about other sports, but I had heard a year or two ago that Matthew Stafford (Lions QB) was highest paid guy in the NFL. He was getting like $25-30 million a year. Which of course is a ton, but a lot less than their single single boxing fight. Of course that was a one-off fight. But even if Conor makes $10 million per fight in the UFC, he only needs to fight 2-3 a year to make about the same as the highest paid NFL guy.
He's also a QB which means he can play for a lot longer than Conor will be fighting (at least fighting and pulling in those huge numbers).

Even if he didn't get 100 million check from the fight, he has received plenty more since then with all his other endeavours

Nobody on this site refers to their own salary as the amount they have at the end of the year after paying taxes and all expenses. I'm not sure why it's always brought up in regards to mma fighters. If he was written a check for 100 million, he made 100 million, regardless of what it gets spent on.

Back