The most visually stunning films

The Belly of an Architect. The music combined with the visuals made it probably my favorite movie of all time.

Speed_racer_ver5_xlg.jpg

I hated Dunkirk, but it was beautifully shot. Edge of Tomorrow was one of the few Cruise films not grotesquely overdone. Raiders of the Lost Ark had incredible scale, plus was just an awesome action movie. Any of the LOTR films and don't forget Apocalypse Now.

I hated Dunkirk, but it was beautifully shot. Edge of Tomorrow was one of the few Cruise films not grotesquely overdone. Raiders of the Lost Ark had incredible scale, plus was just an awesome action movie. Any of the LOTR films and don't forget Apocalypse Now.
You're just an errand boy.

Suspiria
Pans labyrinth

The cell starring Jennifer Lopez. The dream world in that movie was gorgeous.

Unfortunately there is too often a movie that is visually stunning but the other parts are lacking. Usually story. Almost all malick films fall onto this category. I realize film buffs are going to fight me on that but that's my opinion.

It's been a long time since I've seen it but I seem to remember brotherhood of the wolf having cool visuals. Cold Mountain also had great cinematography

i feel like life of pi was made for visuals more than anything else, including plot.

The keying was awful but the special edition of SW did the practical effects an injustice.
Some things are improved visually, I must admit. The Sandcrawler for example

Gravity
The Revenant
Jurassic Park
Saving Private Ryan
Game of Fuckin Thrones

I think we all take it for granted now... but when I first saw "The Fellowship of Ring", I was in awe the entire viewing. From the opening scene in The Shire, Rivendelle, the Mines of Moria...

I don't think I've ever walked out of theater in utter amazement like that in my life. I guess the first Jurassic Park was close too...

It's too bad we just take it for granted now.

Trying to think of some ones with titties.

Nah but for real off the top of my head I'd say Saving private ryan and sin city. I'm sure there are otherz but those 2 blew me away.

Back