The most suidal song?

Well, the drummer did say "This is the last song for the album" and call it his masterpiece 3 days before he killed himself.

And yes, he did kill himself. Despite the media cover up of "accidental overdose".

One of the saddest instrumental tracks I've ever heard

While the song is more about drug addiction it also has suicidal undertones. I have a feeling Phil wrote this knowing he didn't have much time on this earth before the Sun went down on him. Such a depressing song from greatest lyricist in rock history in my opinion.

This is from Henry Rollins first full length album Life Time released in 1987 with his band Rollins Band. After Black Flag disbanded in 1986 he formed Rollins Band and recorded their debut. Gun In Mouth Blues off of that album is Henry at his most visceral. I mean just look at some of the lyrics

I'm alone in my room, but I'm not by myself
I've got my hands wrapped 'round my gun

The way Rollins screams about how he can't take it no more is haunting. Definitely one of few songs that captures the moment when an individual finally comes to the realization that they themselves would be in a happier place if they committed suicide.

Songs like this are weird for me because they are cathartic in nature since I suffer from major depression. When I'm fairly depressed I'll go to these and other similar songs and just immerse myself in them. Just listening to them helps me to overcome the sadness and despair to some degree. I cannot listen to uplifting music when I'm sad it just makes me more depressed. I need those songs that are steeped in the deepest recesses of an individuals depressive mind to pull me out of the suicidal gutter

legit lol @ not a single $uicideboy$ track posted yet

Last edited:
Neil Young's "hey hey my my" has one significant kill credited to it, Kurt Cobain who referenced the song in his suicide letter quoting "its better to burn out than fade away"

fuck yeah, my nickel.

Megadeth's 'In My Darkest Hour' is far more deep & technical compared to Metallica's 'Fade to Black', in my opinion.

Yes, I love that song.

Everlasting love for me, in a perfect world. But I gotta die first. Please God send me on my way.

That's the most poignant part of the song.

Yes, I love that song.

Everlasting love for me, in a perfect world. But I gotta die first. Please God send me on my way.

That's the most poignant part of the song.

/maximum bro fist.

I read you were born here in Queens man. haha, I was born in the 'hurst, currently in Flushing/Bayside now.

/maximum bro fist.

I read you were born here in Queens man. haha, I was born in the 'hurst, currently in Flushing/Bayside now.

Are you fucking kidding me? I too was born in Elmhurst and raised in Flushing/Bayside/Whitestone.

Are you fucking kidding me? I too was born in Elmhurst and raised in Flushing/Bayside/Whitestone.

haha yeah bro! was born in St. John's Hospital. that's crazy!

I've been contemplating suicide,
But it really doesn't suit my style,
So I think I'll just act bored instead
And contain the blood I would've shed

(seriously, listen to this and try not to kill yourself)

Well shit. Courtney Barnett. Think I better hide all the sharp objects

Last edited:
Back