The most likely outcomes for Ferguson/Khabib

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Here are the possible outcomes for the fight IMO.

-Decision win for either fighter. Most likely Khabib.
-KO/TKO for Ferguson.
-Submission for Ferguson.

Which do you think is the most likely? It's hard for me to choose one of these outcomes but I think a decision is the most likely and gun to my head I have to choose Khabib. I would love to see Tony prove me wrong though.

Bloodbath ending with Tony feeding Khabib a buffet of elbows.

I don't think Khabib has the gas tank to hug for 5 rounds. I'm gonna go with either Ferg sub or Ferg KO.

/e: but Khabib should absolutely dominate the fight for first 3 rounds.

Khabib by decision is my pick. Btw the way Khabib keeps pounding his opponents face, refree stopping the fight shouldn't be a surprising outcome either. It seemed like the ref would stop the MJ and Barboza fights any moment but it didn't happen.

The way I see it, Khabib has 15 minutes to get a finish before it becomes an uphill battle and Tony breaks him.

I am going with Tony by submission in later rounds, probably a choke. Not a rear naked choke.. but something creative.

During Tony vs Khabib the ref makes many questionable calls, repeatedly standing up the fighters for inactivity while Khabib is raining down fight-ending ground and pound, or pausing the action whenever Tony locks a tight submission only to call the doctor to check on inconsequential cuts. The bout ultimately ends in a draw, but not before all kind of confusion ensues after Bruce Buffer has to be called back while he's already initiated his announcement. He can be seen visibly protesting at the commission and eventually returning his original verdict card to them and being provided with a new one.

Dana steps in and announces that, as a consequence of this result, Ferg has failed to retain his title and Khabib hasn't won it either. Then, in tears and in a state of ecstasy, Dana hands Tony's belt over to Conor who's sitting by cage-side, declaring that Conor has achieved his first successful title defense.

In a plot twist, Helwani - who meanwhile had been banned from attending UFC events following the 25th anniversary press conference fiasco, but who was able to sneak past the gate surveillance by posing as an Afghan woman in full burqa - abandons his low-profile disguise and in a full eruption of indignation vehemently asks Dana how it is even possible that Conor defended the belt without fighting.

Unfazed, Dana White stares down Ariel with contempt and with a steady droning tone replies: "next question."

giphy.gif

Khabib by decision is my pick. Btw the way Khabib keeps pounding his opponents face, refree stopping the fight shouldn't be a surprising outcome either. It seemed like the ref would stop the MJ and Barboza fights any moment but it didn't happen.

You aren't wrong. I am just predicting that Tony will not be finished that way. I think Tony is too smart, skilled, tough, and conditioned.

This fight is a win win for me. I'm a big fan of both guys. But it's hard to bet against Khabib, the dude is a straight up animal..

Khabib by decision...

Dana steps in and announces that, as a consequence of this result, Ferg has failed to retain his title and Khabib hasn't won it either. Then, in tears and in a state of ecstasy, Dana hands Tony's belt over to Conor who's sitting by cage-side, declaring that Conor has achieved his first successful title defense.

I legit laughed out loud.

I legit laughed out loud.
Speaking seriously, it's a tough fight to call. I foresee a close decision. Tony typically starts slow and I see him dropping the early rounds to Khabib. I don't think either one will be finished.

During Tony vs Khabib the ref makes many questionable calls, repeatedly standing up the fighters for inactivity while Khabib is raining down fight-ending ground and pound, or pausing the action whenever Tony locks a tight submission only to call the doctor to check on inconsequential cuts. The bout ultimately ends in a draw, but not before all kind of confusion ensues after Bruce Buffer has to be called back while he's already initiated his announcement. He can be seen visibly protesting at the commission and eventually returning his original verdict card to them and being provided with a new one.

In a plot twist, Helwani - who meanwhile had been banned from attending UFC events following the 25th anniversary press conference fiasco, but who was able to sneak past the gate surveillance by posing as an Afghan woman in full burqa - abandons his low-profile disguise and in a full eruption of indignation vehemently asks Dana how it is even possible that Conor defended the belt without fighting.

Unfazed, Dana White stares down Ariel with contempt and with a steady droning tone replies: "next question."

giphy.gif
{<Mcgoat}

People are seriously underestimating Tony, remember Tonys gas tank is amazing. Khabib will start off well but by the end of the 3rd round he will be so tired most likely due to a bad weight cut. Then Tony will turn up the pressure and submit him

giphy.gif

Tony decision via cardio.
I say Tony survives an early onslaught then picks up the pace and starts taking it to Kaboob in the later rds but Kaboob is tough enough to not get finished.

Khabib UD.
I'm 100% sure.

Back