The most important man in MMA by a mile!

Obligatory.

1jvs5g.jpg
Posting an obligatory pic whitout checking if @Arm Barbarian already posted it?
How the fuck are you a black belt?
<Varys01>

Shewd business man but pretty shit person. Can't be Mr. Nice Guy and still be successful in the entertainment industry.

It takes a back stabbing piece of lying shit like Dana, Don King, Bob Arum...to be successful as a promoter. His glory days are almost over, his passion is half dead with the payout he got from the sale, the UFC is dying a slow death, and I wouldn't be surprised if he voluntarily sells whatever stock he has left and steps down and fades away into the sunset.

As shady as he was, Paul Smith of the IFC never gets the credit he deserves for the work he did to get MMA sanctioned during the dark days of MMA back in the late 90's, as well as being the first promoter to get MMA shown on free television. Who knows for sure, but maybe the Fertittas and Dana don't get involved in the UFC if it wasn't for the work of Smith.

Really? So if you don't attribute the success of the UFC for the most part to Dana, then what do you see as the instrument of it's huge success? - (genuine question, not being a dick just interested in your thoughts)

Dana became president of the UFC around 2001 yeah? Strikeforce, despite being around for actually a lot longer than the UFC, digressed from being a kickboxing/pancrase-centric org to having an MMA focus around 2004(correct me if wrong?) The 2 organizations then existed simultaneously, but only one ultimately survived. Again... put the events, the fighters, the promotion all aside... at the end of the day the buck stops at the top. Dana was clearly doing something that Coker could not do. And you can't really argue that it's simply because the UFC was more well-established either because Pride (amongst hardcore MMA fans - which let's face it at that time any MMA fan was a hardcore MMA fan, casuals did not exist)... Pride was in my memory far more popular than UFC. For whatever reason, the UFC has always been steered in the right direction and has endured far beyond any of its previous competitors. If you don't acknowledge Dana's part in this, then what do you think it was?

EDIT: Hell... come to think of it, Strikeforce even had a proper licensed EA sports video game while UFC was still messing about with terrible arcade style games. Strikeforce still failed to gain any popularity and ultimately folded.

I attribute it to the Fertittas.

And it's not even close. If this man steps down tomorrow, the sport dies with him. I don't think there's anyone with the passion and vision for the sport like him. He made himself rich as fuck and took the Fart-itta brothers from billionaire to multiple billionaires. He's also been the only constant in the sport for the last 2 decades. Love him or hate him, you guys are looking at the GOAT right here and he has't even thrown a punch. Kids need to be like Dana not like his employees. Thoughts?

dana-white1.jpg
aerobic.gif

Really? So if you don't attribute the success of the UFC for the most part to Dana, then what do you see as the instrument of it's huge success? - (genuine question, not being a dick just interested in your thoughts)

Dana became president of the UFC around 2001 yeah? Strikeforce, despite being around for actually a lot longer than the UFC, digressed from being a kickboxing/pancrase-centric org to having an MMA focus around 2004(correct me if wrong?) The 2 organizations then existed simultaneously, but only one ultimately survived. Again... put the events, the fighters, the promotion all aside... at the end of the day the buck stops at the top. Dana was clearly doing something that Coker could not do. And you can't really argue that it's simply because the UFC was more well-established either because Pride (amongst hardcore MMA fans - which let's face it at that time any MMA fan was a hardcore MMA fan, casuals did not exist)... Pride was in my memory far more popular than UFC. For whatever reason, the UFC has always been steered in the right direction and has endured far beyond any of its previous competitors. If you don't acknowledge Dana's part in this, then what do you think it was?

EDIT: Hell... come to think of it, Strikeforce even had a proper licensed EA sports video game while UFC was still messing about with terrible arcade style games. Strikeforce still failed to gain any popularity and ultimately folded.

There was no "Strikeforce" in the late 90s and early 2000s. Coker was holding K-1 USA events during that time.

He was working for another company as a regional head, but without any power whatsoever. From his relation with ESPN in the late-80s to early-90s, he managed to get K-1 USA events on ESPN2, there would be reruns all the time. But FEG pulled the plug on that, and Coker eventually went ahead with Strikeforce MMA.

Coker was impressive in whatever he did, given the cards he was dealt. The way he managed to take Strikeforce, which in its MMA form was only founded in the 2000s (not the 80s) to the heights he did was very impressive. The first MMA license in California, buying the Elite XC library, second MMA promotion ever to air on premium cable. The second largest MMA org in the country.

His biggest misfortune was that his partners (San Jose Sports) pulled out and wanted to sell their stake and he was left scrambling for money, he had no plans to sell whatsoever. But if his partners wanted to sell, and he doesn't have the liquid cash to buy them out, there was nothing else he could do but watch the biggest rival buy it out.

This goober rode a bus full of carrots.

As someone said yesterday- picture what could have been with Coker at the helm.

I think its safe to say that Coker has been at the helm of not one, but two, second tier MMA orgs. All due respect for Coker, but Dana>Scott. At least for the last 20 years.

And it's not even close. If this man steps down tomorrow, the sport dies with him. I don't think there's anyone with the passion and vision for the sport like him. He made himself rich as fuck and took the Fart-itta brothers from billionaire to multiple billionaires. He's also been the only constant in the sport for the last 2 decades. Love him or hate him, you guys are looking at the GOAT right here and he has't even thrown a punch. Kids need to be like Dana not like his employees. Thoughts?

dana-white1.jpg
USADA needs to test him.

Dana learn anything from Kevin Durant about using fake accounts.

Dana White and his grossly unprofessional attitude and demeanor has done more harm to the UFC brand than anything else.

Can you even imagine the face of any other professional sports org. saying or doing the kind of things this clown does?

dana-white1.jpg

You're god damn right.

I think its safe to say that Coker has been at the helm of not one, but two, second tier MMA orgs. All due respect for Coker, but Dana>Scott. At least for the last 20 years.
Zuffa > Coker

Sure

I think we are seeing what happens to Dana's ufc now....

Back