The most important man in MMA by a mile!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Sherwolf, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Sherwolf Orange Belt

Sherwolf
    And it's not even close. If this man steps down tomorrow, the sport dies with him. I don't think there's anyone with the passion and vision for the sport like him. He made himself rich as fuck and took the Fart-itta brothers from billionaire to multiple billionaires. He's also been the only constant in the sport for the last 2 decades. Love him or hate him, you guys are looking at the GOAT right here and he has't even thrown a punch. Kids need to be like Dana not like his employees. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Defanged Banned

Defanged
    In a way, yes. Modern MMA is nothing without the work of Dana White.

[​IMG]

3. Arm Barbarian Gold Belt

Arm Barbarian
    Stop it Bozopotomus, we all know that's you posting

[​IMG]

4. Blanqa Blanqua Black Belt

Blanqa Blanqua
    This goober rode a bus full of carrots.

As someone said yesterday- picture what could have been with Coker at the helm.

5. LargeMammal Green Belt

LargeMammal
    As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree. He can't take full responsibility of course there are other factors involved, but I believe Dana is the leading factor in bringing MMA to where it is today.

I have utterly despised the dude in the past. His hypocritical attitude with opinions that change like the weather... slating women's MMA then putting his heart in promoting Ronda. Everything he does is for the $$$, but the organization is a business at the end of the day. UFC has become synonymous with MMA which I am not personally in favor of... but the dude has to be given credit for bringing the UFC to the mainstream.

The only point I disagree with in your statement is that if Dana were to leave tomorrow, the sport would die. I think the sport has grown to a point that there are enough household names and even some superstars (Conor, JBJ etc) that the sport is established enough now to continue on its own merit. It would still need a shit hot promoter to push it forward, but I think there is enough credibility in MMA as a sport that they could recruit a suitable replacement were that to happen... having said that, Dana aint going nowhere soon that much is clear - he is only just now truly reaping the fruits of his labor on an international scale.

PurpleStorm, LcBR and P4PSHERGOAT like this.
  6. muggy love Blue Belt

muggy love
    100%

P4PSHERGOAT likes this.
  7. TheRassler ---- L E G E N D A R Y --------- p4p GOAT poster

TheRassler
    he is the white don king.

and all the ufc fighters are mike tysons.

8. Skylako Brown Belt

Skylako
    In a small town full of people that hate me
    come on broski this guy sucks ass

Davey Crockett and Arm Barbarian like this.
  9. LargeMammal Green Belt

LargeMammal
    Really? So if you don't attribute the success of the UFC for the most part to Dana, then what do you see as the instrument of it's huge success? - (genuine question, not being a dick just interested in your thoughts)

Dana became president of the UFC around 2001 yeah? Strikeforce, despite being around for actually a lot longer than the UFC, digressed from being a kickboxing/pancrase-centric org to having an MMA focus around 2004(correct me if wrong?) The 2 organizations then existed simultaneously, but only one ultimately survived. Again... put the events, the fighters, the promotion all aside... at the end of the day the buck stops at the top. Dana was clearly doing something that Coker could not do. And you can't really argue that it's simply because the UFC was more well-established either because Pride (amongst hardcore MMA fans - which let's face it at that time any MMA fan was a hardcore MMA fan, casuals did not exist)... Pride was in my memory far more popular than UFC. For whatever reason, the UFC has always been steered in the right direction and has endured far beyond any of its previous competitors. If you don't acknowledge Dana's part in this, then what do you think it was?

EDIT: Hell... come to think of it, Strikeforce even had a proper licensed EA sports video game while UFC was still messing about with terrible arcade style games. Strikeforce still failed to gain any popularity and ultimately folded.

CaulderBorn likes this.
  10. Fedorgasm Red Belt

Fedorgasm
    Agree 100%.

Dana is the perfect president for the UFC. Everyone loves to criticize him but you cans don't realize how much this sport would suck without him. Look at the head of other sports... David Stern, Roger Goodell, that baseball clown... Is that what you want for MMA? A talking suit that reads statements prepared by his lawyer? Or a guy who's super passionate about the sport giving you his honest thoughts off the top of his head.

Dana 4 LYFE!

11. OzoneX White Belt

OzoneX
    Dana doesn't have employees, only contractors.

P4PSHERGOAT likes this.
  12. Congo66 Brown Belt

Congo66
    Dana is good for the UFC and not for MMA, it's not the same thing.

13. Flokk Faux Belt

Flokk
  14. Lockard The GOAT Banned

Lockard The GOAT
    Feritta Brothers are more responsible for the growth and survival of the sport than anything, they were the ones who had the idea for The Ultimate Fighter - An idea that single handily saved the company, and an idea that Dana hated at first and didn't want to do.

15. P4PSHERGOAT Blue Belt

P4PSHERGOAT
    <[analyzed}>

Ghostoftheville likes this.
  16. mjfan23 Red Belt

mjfan23
    Most important on Adams family shows too

17. MescalineDreams Black Belt

MescalineDreams
    love him or hate him, he deserves respect for making the sport what It is today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. LargeMammal Green Belt

LargeMammal
    Fair to say Dana didn't love the idea, but then again he did go on to become an integral part of the show.

I mean would it have been the same with Lorenzo Fertita standing there asking, "So you wanna be a fuckin fighter?" Dana's personality did him wonders as a fight promoter. The same with any successful person in the 'agency/middle man' profession. Dana is no different from stock brokers or talent agents... he promotes his product with extreme charisma... and he's very good at it.

19. sirmorbach These violent delights have violent ends

sirmorbach
    Obligatory.

[​IMG]

20. Frank McEdgar Frank McEdgar

Frank McEdgar