the most functional training you've ever seen

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I would be laughing at this if he wasn't using such huge amount of weight. wtf? I am in awe, but baffled. At least that video of the crazy guy batmanning around the gym from a weight stack was training for armwrestling. Does anyone know if he's training for something specifically or if he's just experimenting with how much weight he can lift from the most unstable positions?

Last edited:
Looks like he's just experimenting with stuff.

It's funny, as much as he does "balance" and "stability" training he looks unstable and wonky as hell. Kinda defeats the purpose. I know he's using a lot of weight in weird positions, although it's hard to tell what the plates are, but he seriously looks uncoordinated. He's also hypermobile and is hanging joints in a lot of the positions. Knees and hips caving in all over the place. Doesn't look very healthy.

Still that pull he does on the prowler with that many plates stacked looks ridiculous!

Last edited:
I was also impressed with him when he was with Quiet Riot.

Quite-RIot-footer-1.png

I'd question the weight of the plates he's using. They're clearly rubber, so there's no telling how much they weigh. I liked the part where he was simultaneously pulling the tire and wrapping himself in a rope cocoon.

B-level athlete. Would hold UFC gold with 3 months of full time training.

Russian (even if he looks italian) doing crazy circus-like things. Nothing new with that! lol Pretty cool.

We're those Nike Uptemos? I haven't seen a pair of those in almost 20 years.

Did they mention the amount of weight? It looks like 10-kilo bumpers. They have "10" written on them in chalk, but I can't read the side of the plates. Assuming he's got 12 plates on there, that's 264lbs plus the weight of the bar (a 2" pipe section?) and collars, for maybe 280 or so. I'm not sure I could lift and shoulder that much with an awkward implement but it would be worth a try.

Did they mention the amount of weight? It looks like 10-kilo bumpers. They have "10" written on them in chalk, but I can't read the side of the plates. Assuming he's got 12 plates on there, that's 264lbs plus the weight of the bar (a 2" pipe section?) and collars, for maybe 280 or so. I'm not sure I could lift and shoulder that much with an awkward implement but it would be worth a try.

i could not. He's definitely strong. not sure how he's able to walk, though

As ludicrous as some of this looks he seems crazy strong for his size.

With that being said, I would like to pass on my condolences to the wives and children of his poor knee joints.

Last edited:

god so many of his instagram vids look like a freeze frame of someone working out in an earthquake

I would be laughing at this if he wasn't using such huge amount of weight. wtf? I am in awe, but baffled. At least that video of the crazy guy batmanning around the gym from a weight stack was training for armwrestling. Does anyone know if he's training for something specifically or if he's just experimenting with how much weight he can lift from the most unstable positions?

The guy is a badass. Some of that looks too risky though.

Back