The Most Boring Fight Ever

There was an early Oleg Taktarov fight that was pretty much him just headbutting some guys chest for 30 minutes. I'd look it up but I'm afraid I'll fall asleep making sure it's the right one.

Shamrock-Severn II
I think they danced for almost 30 minutes

Earlier today, I watched UFC 5 and the so-called "Superfight" between Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock was easily the most boring shit I've ever watched. Literally 36 minutes of nothing but laying on top of one another while barely doing anything.

Is there honestly a more boring fight than this one?

I'll never get tired of posting this. Spoiler alert: the highlight of that fight is probably a leg kick that missed.

7 posts in and nobody has said a WMMA fight?

<mma4>

I still haven't seen a WMMA that was as bad as some of the old-school fights. People remember vale tudo as some gladiator shit that's too brutal and intense for our days, but a decent part of those fights were just two dudes stuck on the ground while the referee wasn't allowed to stand them-up. Seriously, in some of my IVC DVD, you have literally 15 straight minutes of not moving in someone's guard with no G'n'P, because nobody knows how to pass or sweep.

Eddie Sanchez vs Soa Palelei.

Dana didn't bring either of them back for a long time.

Mir vs Cro Cop was shit as well.

Earlier today, I watched UFC 5 and the so-called "Superfight" between Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock was easily the most boring shit I've ever watched. Literally 36 minutes of nothing but laying on top of one another while barely doing anything.

Any fight with gsp in it is worse. Literally any one. You pick.

Shamrock-Severn II
I think they danced for almost 30 minutes

They took a very long time to engage because they were told in the locker-rooms that punches weren't allowed, only open-handed palm strikes. They were both very confused about that. But even if they circled for an insane amount of time, Shamrock still mounted Severn and Severn also landed some short, but brutal, GnP.
Takada vs Bernardo was much worst, because they never stopped circling and feinting.

Mir vs CroCop (it had a nice finish though)
Werdum vs Arlovski
Mir vs Arlovski

Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn 2 was incredibly boring too.

phil davis vs rashad evans the second fox headline fight i believe

<mma4>
Botelho/Pearl, McMann/Eye, and Bennett/idk were pretty boring. None of them were 5 rounds though so I don’t think they can be compared to Maia-Woodley or other 5-round snoozefests

1. woodley wonderboy 2, 2. mir arlovski

<mma4>
There was some pretty brutal WMMA fights over the past few years. Im not gonna lie, i would rather see them making me sandwiches in the kitchen during the fights, but you gotta give credit where credit is due.

There is NO fight more boring than Shamrock-Gracie superfight. No other fight can top this because it was the equivlant of 7 five minute rounds of boredom. There are no 7 round fights, so this one is the winner! Even Shamrocks dad at ringside yelled to his son, " If your going to just lay on him you might as well give him a kiss!" Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Back