the most annoying guy in BJJ that no one talks about

You have to train people how to drill. I've made some of the best progress in my game when I had a lower belt I trained really well how to STFU and drill (and when I've found good people at my level who know how to drill correctly). But you often do have to show people how to approach drilling, folks don't take to it naturally.

Just last night a good blue basically gave up because he wasn't doing the move right during drills. I slowed him down, showed him once more, and he had the patience to finally get it. Jeez.

It's $100 a month where I train. Classes are every day of the week. Most are taught by black belts.

$70 a month for me. Classes or open roll available every day but Sundays. Classes every day but Friday and Sunday. 2nd degree Renzo black belt instructor.

My closest buddy and I started jiu jitsu together. Naturally starting as friends, we rolled and drilled with each other more than we did with others. We would drill for like an hour or longer on a single series. We were really comfortable drilling together.

I’ve switched schools a few times now and don’t have a regular drill partner. I do drill a lot with a lot of different classmates but it’s not the same. I’ll drill something a few times with people and then it’s like “cool, thanks dude. peace out”. I’ve even scheduled drilling sessions with lots of folks but we wind up drilling for like 15 minutes and we just end up rolling or moving on to train with other people at the open mat.

I think you have to build a real friendship with someone first. Someone willing to just be your grappling dummy for an hour without getting bored or tired of your company. I trained with my buddy for the first time in a couple years last month, and it was like we didn’t skip a beat. We did a couple rounds and then drilled for like 30 minutes. We only stopped because open mat was over.

how is BJJ library btw? I know u haven't been able to drill much, but good overall content

I have all of saolo ribieros dvds and they were good, just wonder if the website is on the same level or better

how is BJJ library btw? I know u haven't been able to drill much, but good overall content

I have all of saolo ribieros dvds and they were good, just wonder if the website is on the same level or better

The content was really good, especially the seminars they put online. They have a great diversity of old school and new school. And when i say old school, I mean OLD school. I think they had a red belt teaching a seminar.

Old people also like to drill, at least disproportionately so, in my experience. They often don't have the cardio to roll ten rounds, but they can stay involved by drilling.

Glad someone finally mentioned this. Was trying to drill a couple techniques off AOJ online with a brown belt/purple belt and had them 'corrected' lol. Poor Rafa doesn't know what he's talking about apparently

I've heard a million people complain about the "you're really strong" guy after a roll, the spazzy newb, the guy who reeks of weed, the guy who starts speaking with a Brazilian accent, and a dozen more guys, but no one talks about the most annoying guy of them all.

It's the guy who, when asked if you can drill some of reps of a move on him that your trying to learn from a book or DVD, will tell you why the move will never work and try to show you a better move. "Why thanks, no-name purple or no-name brown, I am totally going to discard this technique from one of the most legendary grapplers of all time because you don't like it. This was totally the most productive use of this five minutes I was trying to squeeze in before or after class."

As a purple closing in on my brown belt, I can say that the only way I can successfully drill stuff is to snag a blue because I'm a larger guy and whites can't even hold themselves up.

Literally every single time I've tried to drill moves with someone my rank or higher outside of class I get the same reaction. It's driving me bonkers. I just need a live body to shut up and let me get some reps in and I will happily do the same for you.

I think this was legitimately the reason why I never got anything out of my year-long subscription to BJJ Library (and we were a Ribeiro school, ffs).

But it's never happened to me in judo. In Judo I can grab someone and say, "let me try this variation of a throw I just learned" and they will go into uke mode and let me do my thing. They have no idea how much I appreciate it because I grow so much just from squeezing in a handful of reps when i can.

To me the most annoying guy is the guy that comes on internet forums and complains about everyone else. I hate those guys. They usually suck when it comes to rolling. They are also extremely shy, and awkward, and can never say what they want in real life. Instead they look for alternative outlets that are safe and anonymous.

<Dany07>

To me the most annoying guy is the guy that comes on internet forums and complains about everyone else. I hate those guys. They usually suck when it comes to rolling. They are also extremely shy, and awkward, and can never say what they want in real life. Instead they look for alternative outlets that are safe and anonymous.

<Dany07>

Hey, how come you didn't have the balls to sign up for the worst poster thread? Only four people were big enough pussies to say no. Please take a break from complaining about me on the internet and sign up because a lot of people want to nominate your worthless shitposting.

Hey, how come you didn't have the balls to sign up for the worst poster thread? Only four people were big enough pussies to say no. Please take a break from complaining about me on the internet and sign up because a lot of people want to nominate your worthless shitposting.

I just dont have the ball is all

<Moves> <Moves> <Moves>

<{afrobol}>

It’s annoying after rolling to say “you’re strong” ?

To me the most annoying guy is the guy that comes on internet forums and complains about everyone else. I hate those guys...

LOL, you're one the worst shitposters on the site. Go make a trash thread in the gheyberry and spare us, jabroni.

It was really popular as a way of saying, "you only overcame my superior technique because you used strength."

(Implying that your technique is shitty and you're not really doing Jiu-jitsu.)

It was really popular as a way of saying, "you only overcame my superior technique because you used strength."

(Implying that your technique is shitty and you're not really doing Jiu-jitsu.)

Ohhhhh, ok, thanks. I had complimented some people’s strength along the way and was worried.:D

Could be worst.

Like someone asking you after a roll how heavy are you.

Basically suspecting you wipe his body across the mats for five minutes because you are bigger than him.

Basically don't talk during anf adter drilling or rolling .

Nowdays, I don't really run my class with an iron fist. But still try to implement some kinds of discipline and etiquette so the club does not turn into a douche bag atmosphere.

It is quiet ironic because lot of guys that come from our judo sister club have bad etiquette and talk smack all the time without noticing it because their club culture is very similar to those college fraternity house in American movies. Lol

It is kind of the opposite as you expect bjj to be all relaxed and informal while judo being more .....Japanese and traditional.

This is why I drill outside of class.

Back