The more I watch this fight, the more I think you all owe Adalaide Byrd an apology

"... He made GGG miss and countered...". For the same very logic, you should have Lara beating Canelo (as did Floyd...)

I think you owe all of us an apology for this whole thread.

I can’t agree with that , Byrd is one of the worst judges I have seen in boxing

GGG should've went for the KO harder, just like Ony Oshua did with Ladimir Litschko earlier this year.

It does seem to be a trend that most fighters arent rewarded for defensive game plans. Not saying I thought Nelo won but its concievable.

Would I be okay with a 115-113 for either Canelo or GGG in that fight? yes.

Am I okay with 118-110 for either fighter? no.

Byrd can eat a big dinosaur dick for that score.

"... He made GGG miss and countered...". For the same very logic, you should have Lara beating Canelo (as did Floyd...)
The fact that Canelo beat GGG in some people eyes doesn't somehow mean that Lara magically won. Not sure why people keep saying this. Sometimes the boxer wins, sometimes the aggressor wins. Its not some rule written in stone that one style trumps another.

I can see the similarities between the two fights. But Canelo threw back with more offensive vigor than Lara. Lara took more time off and threw over 100 less punches. He also didn't connect with as many good shots as Canelo. But GGG was also more effective against Canelo than Canelo was against Lara.

Overall, GGG vs Canelo was just a more offensively successful fight for both guys than Canelo vs Lara.

Back