The more I watch May/Mac the more I want Conor to become a pro boxer

Novice4eva

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

He should have either put all he had into a left or kicked Mayweather in the head. That shot was belt line.

TBE still making excuses why it took o long. Disgusting.

He should have either put all he had into a left or kicked Mayweather in the head. That shot was belt line.

Youre a novice.
Conor would get hurt bad.

He had nothing for Floyd, and he should stay away from boxing.

I think he has fuck all to do in boxing, tbh. He can either go in there massively oversized for his weight class and never make it through a fight because of having no gas tank, or he can fight guys his own size and get absolutely slaughtered. He also doesn't seem to have the guts it takes to make it in boxing, and he insists on surrounding himself with people who are completely inept when it comes to preparing him for a fight. He clearly doesn't have the punching power to deal with boxers either. Just imagine him fighting guys at 168: no one standing in front of him would be taking him seriously at all.

Maybe he'd have a shot if he'd started boxing earlier, but at this point it's obviously a fucking retarded idea.

That video is pathetic.

That shot was definitely a little low and looks like it shifted his cup, which you would know if you've ever seen boxing matches on a regular basis and not just Mike Tyson highlight reel KO's.

Still trying to find moral victories? That's what losers do. Winners don't need them.

Conor did well for being a mma fighter, look up TJ Dillashaw and Rockhold sparring boxers on youtube, they look atrocious and outclassed from start to finish.

Conor no doubts has a very nice career in boxing, but the problem is he needs cardio, better training, and more experience to do it. By then, he would probably be too old to make a significant run at any major title.

Conor no doubts has a very nice career in boxing, but the problem is he needs cardio, better training, and more experience to do it. By then, he would probably be too old to make a significant run at any major title.

Wasn't Connor a boxer before he realized he wasn't good enough and switched to MMA?

Good on him though for landing the lottery match with Floyd without having to go through the boxing ranks

Wasn't Connor a boxer before he realized he wasn't good enough and switched to MMA?

Good on him though for landing the lottery match with Floyd without having to go through the boxing ranks

Conor was never a boxer. He trained boxing for a brief amount of time before going to MMA.

There is zero chance that Conor will win a legit boxing world title in his lifetime. His technique is absolutely horrendous. He literally threw the worst punches i've seen in my life. He has absolutely no idea how to punch in a boxing match. His IQ is just about as low as you could get and his heart is nothing to brag about. Physical condition absolutely pathetic. There is literally nothing in him that could suggest he can ever become a champion. Especially given the fact that he is almost 30.

If he puts all his effort into boxing, maybe a few years from now he might be able to beat someone in the top 100. But he will never beat elite boxers. Simply not good enough.

He was a boxer before he got his ass kicked and figured he wanted to learn about true fighting.

There is zero chance that Conor will win a legit boxing world title in his lifetime. His technique is absolutely horrendous. He literally threw the worst punches i've seen in my life. He has absolutely no idea how to punch in a boxing match. His IQ is just about as low as you could get and his heart is nothing to brag about. Physical condition absolutely pathetic. There is literally nothing in him that could suggest he can ever become a champion. Especially given the fact that he is almost 30.

If he puts all his effort into boxing, maybe a few years from now he might be able to beat someone in the top 100. But he will never beat elite boxers. Simply not good enough.

LOL, top 100. You're delusional out of your mind.

He was a boxer before he got his ass kicked and figured he wanted to learn about true fighting.

True fighting? The closest thing I have seen Connor do that resembles true fighting is the low blow he landed on Floyd in the 9th.

That Bruce Lee sh*t... Where Lee said true fighting is not sport (MMA, Boxing, OlympicJudo, Greco Roman etc). Bruce Lee sh*t clearly states that true fighting includes kicking to the groin and finger jabs to the eyes. Hair pulling for control, biting etc. All of which are forbidden in MMA.

Guys like Mayweather and McGregor and some of their fans like to think they Mayweather and McGregor are fighters, but they're really just sportsmen who participate in a bastardized simulation of a real fight

Last edited:
True fighting? The closest thing I have seen Connor do that resembles true fighting is the low blow he landed on Floyd in the 9th.

That Bruce Lee sh*t... Where Lee said true fighting is not sport (MMA, Boxing, OlympicJudo, Greco Roman etc). Bruce Lee sh*t clearly states that true includes kicking to the groin and finger jabs to the eyes. Hair pulling for control, biting etc. All of which are forbidden in MMA.

Yet a lot of it still happens in MMA...

Are you going to sit there and say it's not a real fight because rocket launchers aren't allowed too?

The reality is these hypotheticals you idiots come up with are not fights. They are combat, life and death situations. Nobody is saying MMA fighters master warfare. They are fighters. Big difference.

Are you going to sit there and say it's not a real fight because rocket launchers aren't allowed too?

The reality is these hypotheticals you idiots come up with are not fights. They are combat, life and death situations. Nobody is saying MMA fighters master warfare. They are fighters. Big difference.

MMA guys are not fighters. They are athletes just like boxers. They do come close to true fights though.

But you add referees, rules, judges, time keepers and the true dangers such as diseases that can be spread from a bite, a knife pulled out or maybe the guy stomps you when you're out cold on the ground and now the concept of real fight gets thrown out the window. Let's just celebrate Mayweather and McGregor for what they are, highly entertaining sportsmen.

We all know that the "true fighting" concept you guys keep bringing up is just a coping mechanism for McGregor's professional defeat in the sport of boxing.

We all know that MMA is just a simulated fight with rules, regulations and a sanctioning body that looks out for the safety of the sportsmen who compete.

Send me a link of McGregor in an actual no rules fight and I'll acknowledge that he is a "true fighter". Until then, enjoy your coping :)

Conor was never a boxer. He trained boxing for a brief amount of time before going to MMA.

Prior to Aug 26, a reporter asked if Connor was ready to box with a guy like Floyd because McGregor isn't a boxer and McGregor himself replied: "Boxing is what I already do..."

And people were saying he was some sort of champion on the Irish circuit.

I confess that I did drink some of his Kool Aid because I thought his background as a boxer, his punching power in MMA and his promise to bring Bruce Lee sh*t to boxing against Floyd of all people, got me very interested in the possibility of seeing something radical and thus opened my mind about his chances of victory.

I really was looking forward to seeing how his understanding of various martial arts would help him revolutionize boxing.

But instead, just a major let down when it became clear that all he did was show the obvious BJJ white belt's "take the opponent's back" technique and also being physically unprepared for the 1/4 fight simulation.

Last edited:
Prior to Aug 26, a reporter asked if Connor was ready to box with a guy like Floyd because McGregor isn't a boxer and McGregor himself replied: "Boxing is what I already do..."

And people were saying he was some sort of champion on the Irish circuit.

I confess that I did drink some of his Kool Aid because I thought his background as a boxer, his punching power in MMA and his promise to bring Bruce Lee sh*t to boxing against Floyd of all people, got me very interested in the possibility of seeing something radical and thus opened my mind about his chances of victory.

I really was looking forward to seeing how his understanding of various martial arts would help him revolutionize boxing.

But instead, just a major let down when it became clear that all he did was show the obvious BJJ white belt's "take the opponent's back" technique and also being physically unprepared for the 1/4 fight simulation.

Glad you woke up. Conor was never going to beat Floyd or any legit elite boxer. Boxing, like any craft, takes

Anything that involves two people hitting each other is fighting. MMA is fighting. Boxing is fighting. Both are sports. Neither is a street fight. Neither takes into account all the variables that are part of a street fight. Both are filled with rules designed to protect the fighters. Both have banned very effective combat techniques that can be used on the street. Neither should be referred to as "real fighting". They're combat sports. That's all they are.

Back