the moment you realize it's been near a damn decade since the last Pride event

One more thing I won't miss: the ropes/ watching guys falling out of them (sometimes on purpose), or watching the ground game stopped, reset, and restarted. That shit was retarded. Also, guys stopped the takedown when grabbing the ropes.

loved the over the top announcer and production value

also some freak fights are VERY entertaining..

Pride was awesome. I miss every aspect of it. There was something about having two competitive organizations that I really enjoyed. there were cross overs but each org had its legends. It was a great time to be fan.

Disagree, respectfully. A fighter who loses 13:50 mins of the fight only to mount a desperation comeback doesn't deserve to win, which happened more than once in Pride.

There were plenty of occasions where for 13:40 someone is doing next to nothing but "winning" the fight. If the guy in the last 6 minutes almost finishes the guy who was "winning", why does he not deserve to win the fight ? He was the closest to finishing/caused damage. Pride scoring criteria was based on a system that wanted a winner, based on trying to end the fight. Which is what MMA should be. It shouldn't be 5 rounds of wrestlefucking someone just bc this is the best shot for "victory"

Can't believe it. I remember it all like it was yesterday

There were plenty of occasions where for 13:40 someone is doing next to nothing but "winning" the fight. If the guy in the last 6 minutes almost finishes the guy who was "winning", why does he not deserve to win the fight ? He was the closest to finishing/caused damage. Pride scoring criteria was based on a system that wanted a winner, based on trying to end the fight. Which is what MMA should be. It shouldn't be 5 rounds of wrestlefucking someone just bc this is the best shot for "victory"

No. Someone who gets controlled for the vast majority of a fight is not winning a fight. If he can't properly defend, or mount any offense, he's not winning a fight.

Even if you don't like PRIDE"s rules, it made other MMA fans happy and it provided a competitor to improve fighter pay and conditions.

I don't care about fighter pay. The only thing pride did was keep good fighters out of the ufc. Good riddance.

Always preferred the ufc, so good.

If I had to listen to that horrible screaming harpy or see people get tangled in the ropes, I wouldn't be nearly as big a fan of mma.

The first full MMA event I ever watched was Total Elimination 2004. My stepdad had a bunch of old UFC DVD's and one Pride DVD, so I started off with the odd one out. I think that was in like 2006, 2007.

I don't care about fighter pay. The only thing pride did was keep good fighters out of the ufc. Good riddance.
Bad conditions will keep more fighters out.

I always enjoyed the screaming asian Lady.. Pride intros were second to none. My personal favorite "ANDERSONNN SILLLVAAA UH-HUH UH-HUH UH-HUH"

Maybe TS should start an annual "Remember PRIDE" dinner at his local Bob Evans...

No. Someone who gets controlled for the vast majority of a fight is not winning a fight. If he can't properly defend, or mount any offense, he's not winning a fight.

To each their own. I prefer people fighting to finish fights and coming close to it, even if it's for 1/4 of the fight as opposed to someone LnP'ing or wall n stalling.

Meh, I got this shit covered. Come at me UFC bros.

9L5FgKq.png

Meh, I got this shit covered. Come at me UFC bros.

9L5FgKq.png

Nothing to come at you for. Enjoy your back catalogue. I will be enjoying a new event tomorrow. Brand new. Hasn't happened yet. Anything can happen. Looking forward to it.

Nothing to come at you for. Enjoy your back catalogue. I will be enjoying a new event tomorrow. Brand new. Hasn't happened yet. Anything can happen. Looking forward to it.

I'm talking about UFC interns, bro.

Come at me for dat copyright. SirPaul bless.

Does anyone else have the gif from when Wanderli pushed Rampage and screamed "my belt"

There were some things I miss about Pride (knees on the ground, the pageantry aside from Lenne, gloves with curved fingers that reduced eye pokes)

There were some things about Pride that I don't miss (the lame judging criteria, whole matchup judging, soccer kicks, stomps to a guy's face, no set brackets for tournaments)

It is what it is.

Everything you named as a negative made Pride great. It was a great alternative product to the UFC and that's probably what I miss the most about it being around. The different judging criteria, soccer kicks and stomps, the presentation....it was the yin to the UFC's yang and really made the sport more dynamic and exciting. If the UFC was the only organization around back then; I would have never become a fan of this sport. Pride really made me appreciate the sport as a whole. UFC was (and to some extent, still is) too brash and low brow back then.

The only thing that I don't miss about those days.....not enough fights! It's nice to have fights every week that are readily available. I remember when the only visuals we had on a Pride event were pictures posted that night or the next day from Yahoo Japan sports....

Back