the moment you realize it's been near a damn decade since the last Pride event

Always preferred the ufc, so good.

If I had to listen to that horrible screaming harpy or see people get tangled in the ropes, I wouldn't be nearly as big a fan of mma.

They are some of the best things FFS

The Unified System is a curse on MMA compared to the Pride methodology. Absolute fucking garbage system which has negatively altered the way fighters fight. Just total shit producing one brain-scratching decision after another. Round by round for a 3 round fight is fucking poison. If judges have the memory of a goldfish and can't keep a match constituting 15 minutes in their jmind they deserve to be taken out the back and shot.

Disagree, respectfully. A fighter who loses 13:50 mins of the fight only to mount a desperation comeback doesn't deserve to win, which happened more than once in Pride.

We have a possible Werdum/Overeem HW Championship fight in the near future. Pride never die is correct.

Disagree, respectfully. A fighter who loses 13:50 mins of the fight only to mount a desperation comeback doesn't deserve to win, which happened more than once in Pride.
When?

I could point out 5 ridiculous decisions for everyone 1 pride had (per number of fights) - and that doesn't even go into how fights are influenced due to the round scoring

One Championship has a similar 'overall' methodology and in 41 events I cannot remember ONE single outrageously poor decision. Which happens almost every second event in the UFC, often multiple times per card.

I could go on and on, but I won't bore you, but we'll have to (respectfully) disagree :)

If I had to listen to that horrible screaming harpy or see people get tangled in the ropes, I wouldn't be nearly as big a fan of mma.
Even if you don't like PRIDE"s rules, it made other MMA fans happy and it provided a competitor to improve fighter pay and conditions.

I really wish I grew up watching Pride back when it was around. That would of been awesome

tumblr_o429adAD5r1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

ahhh the olden days.....

quintonuh rampaygeuh jacksooooonuuh

crazy how time goes so fast. the last Pride event was in April 2007

I miss there intro movies, the intro for Fedor/Crocop made me a little more invested in the fight.

Pride wasn't good , cmon the UFC with there Ultimate Wrestling Championship faze & now with the 2 magnets trying to touch point fight faze , great times.

Those were definitely the special years of mma for me, became a lifetime fan of wanderlei after my first viewing of pride 10. Staying up until 3 in the morning to hear someone else watch the event and give their commentary. Getting bootleg vhs tapes off of ebay a week or two later. Good times... good times.

giphy.gif

I miss there intro movies, the intro for Fedor/Crocop made me a little more invested in the fight.

Yup, that was a huge plus for me. Their promos made it seem like fights and fighters mattered. It wasn't promoted in the sense of "This guy brings in the biggest crowds/dollars", it was promoted as if the two were warriors, fight for their nations. The outcome would change everything. It showcased the fighters' skills, which told the story. You didn't have Dana and Joe Rogan's voice trying to spew false BS down out throats hearing how every fighter on every video is "the best to ever enter the cage", etc. Great post.

I actually thought is was longer ago.. might be my age (34), starting to realize time really does fly.

Back