The Miguel Cotto Appreciation thread!!!

I've been feeling that too. I still watch the sport, obviously, but I'm not really that excited about particular fighters.
Cotto and Ward in the same year is brutal for my inner fanboy.

the feeling of a Cotto fight kind of dyed out a bit in me once he lost to trout. I'd watch but it wouldnt be the same, was nice to see him kill martinez however. I'm thinking maybe Spence will be the guy to watch for me going forward not sure yet. I feel the 175 divsion as good as people make it out to be it's not comparable to other eras.

I'm gonna miss Cotto. The revenge he took on Hands Of Plaster Margarito was pure poetry.
He had some tough losses as well, which only made his wins after those fights all the more sweeter.

I didn't care how whatevs the fight was, I always tuned in cause it was Miguel frigging Cotto who was on.

I echo the sentiment of a lot of the buffs in here that it feels like another end of an era. One that I look upon with great memories.

o-CHEERS-LEONARDO-DICAPRIO-570.jpg

Godspeed, Junito!

Obviously positive with the win but Dre thought Sadam fought like shit. Felt he should have gotten Cotto out of there and gave away a lot of rounds
He looked like he wasn’t confident enough to capitalise when cotto was hurt. I don’t know if it was showing cotto too much respect or he didn’t have the conditioning to take him out. A younger fitter man than cotto will cause him issues if he doesn’t take his chances when they are obviously there.

Had they realised cottos arm was fubar?

I'm gonna miss Cotto, I was hoping to see him vs Margarito for a third time before his retirement

Back