The Miguel Cotto Appreciation thread!!!

RichardHarrow

'arrow
@Brown
Reaction score
The body shot landing, humble, no smack talking Pride of Puerto Rico. Surrounded by so many ego's, boxing will miss the calm, composed and collected attitude he brought to the sport. Miguel Cotto doesn't just beat you, he beats you up!

We're gonna miss this guy!

Class Act!
The Pride of Puerto Rico and The Bronx as well!
Watched him fight Zab and Paulie at MSG.

Well, I'm not sure humble is the word I'd use to describe Cotto, tough to call someone who refers to themselves in 3rd person as humble, but I agree with the rest of it.

Class Act!
The Pride of Puerto Rico and The Bronx as well!
Watched him fight Zab and Paulie at MSG.
That Paulie fight was an underrated fight. I was surprised that it wasn't even really mentioned. (edit- on the hbo broadcast)

Dont leave.
<2>

This is a guy that i would wish one last big payday

Since Conor talked about outboxing Cotto: go ahead and help yourself. Get this over with once and for all

Cotto went out the way he came in, like a gangster. One of the most stoic fighters in recent memory.

On the other hand,...Cotto's fans had no class whatsoever on Saturday. Why the fuck would you boo Sadam Ali? He fought a good clean fight and was nothing but respectful throughout, AND he's from NYC!!!

Shit, you want him to get killed in the ring? Just appreciate his career
Nah. Im glad hes going out now. My favorites are all gone now lol.

Class act indeed

And the toughest guy ever to wear pink crocs!

Always been a big fan

Was upsetting seeing him get beat like this

And then to find Margarito had loaded gloves
Cotto wasn't the same for a long time after that

I'd have love to seen him KO Khan when Khan was calling him out a few years ago thinking Cotto was over the hill

Cotto was always one of nac386's favorite fighters. He has a clean, aggressive style. He is really the best example that nac386 can come up with of a boxer-puncher from his era.

Whats the mood like in the Rozier stable??

Obviously positive with the win but Dre thought Sadam fought like shit. Felt he should have gotten Cotto out of there and gave away a lot of rounds

Gonna have to take this Canelo/Spence fandom to the next level.

Obviously positive with the win but Dre thought Sadam fought like shit. Felt he should have gotten Cotto out of there and gave away a lot of rounds

Sadam definitely needs to work on his killer instinct!

I'm happy for Rozier,...he seems like a nice guy and he has a very calming influence in the corner. I loved how he handled Sadam on Saturday and Danny against GGG. Masterful job on both occasions.

We need more of those.

Humble?

Nah. Dude admitted to losing maybe one fight out of six. Almost always bounced out of the ring instantly after any loss instead of letting anyone interview him. If he showed up to post fight press stuff it was just to say he should have won on the cards.

Great fighter. No limit to his heart or willingness to fight the absolute best. Class act in the ring during every fight. Seems like a really decent human being too. Tons of reasons to love the guy but no need to add "humble" to the list since it wasn't part of who he was as a fighter.

Nah. Im glad hes going out now. My favorites are all gone now lol.
I've been feeling that too. I still watch the sport, obviously, but I'm not really that excited about particular fighters.

Back