The Michigan town where only Christians are allowed to buy houses

Maybe you're not interested in the community, you just like the location.
Apart from crime and violence etc I am mostly uninterested in the community where I'm planning to move. I should probably work on that...

Honestly, I just want to know your favorite history book right now!
KillingJesus-300x383.png

As I believe in Freedom of Association I have no problem with this; as long as they didn't receive any special public outlays.

-
The only other sectarian towns I can think of are Ultra Orthodox Jewish.

Some Hasidic towns/neighborhoods/villages are also only Hasidic or overwhelmingly so. It's obvious from the monocultural makeup, that it is by design.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/1...de-from-town-after-years-power-struggles.html

New York Hasidim Challenge Constitution in Bid to Forge the First ultra-Orthodox Town in America

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...constitution-in-bid-to-get-own-town-1.5626673

-
Hasids are big welfare recipients. Making use of Section 8 in a large scale. While using their influence in local government to change zoning laws, they deliberately also discriminate against Black and Latino tenants.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...n-top-beneficiary-section-8-article-1.2639120

Is there any other religious community pursuing communal interests to the extent the Hasids do?

What about Dearborne? Funny thing is it is also in Michigan and I heard its Sharia City over there and they stone Christians!

How's being completely, transparently obvious being glib?
By making broad assertions that stand on the thin legs of "common wisdom" that will find ready agreement because it sounds fine but is basically meaningless because it isn't likely to have real truth value

By making broad assertions that stand on the thin legs of "common wisdom" that will find ready agreement because it sounds fine but is basically meaningless because it isn't likely to have real truth value
what if I were to tell you that what I said was acutely true? Or are you just a contrarian?

Gay conversion? You really see most Christians having a progrom for that?

I doubt you know many Christians, and if you do, you might want to find new spiritual super friends to be honest.

Equal rights? You mean gay marriage, correct?

Things were kind of rational there until we made it to abortion doctor genocide. Want to revise that a bit my friend?

States have gone as far as having to ban gay conversion therapy to protect Americans from it. Do you think that was unnecessary?

And millions of Christians didn't cone to the defense of that lady who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple? It's almost as if they wanted that to be illegal . . .

So are you saying that Christian attacks on abortion clinics are imaginary? Do you think a poll of chrustians would show them in favor to or opposed to the jailing of abortion providers based on their religious feelings?

Last edited:
Once again atheists are oppressed -- but we don't really care

Think the polls show majority of Christians are in favor of legal, but varies in sects.

States have gone as far as having to ban gay conversion therapy to protect Americans from it. Do you think that was unnecessary?

And millions of Christians didn't cone to the defense of that lady who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple? It's almost as if they wanted that to be illegal . . .

So are you saying that Christian attacks on abortion clinics are imaginary? Do you think a poll of chrustians would show them in favor to or opposed to the jailing of abortion providers based on their religious feelings?

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. It doesn't really sound right, but what makes this different from some of the other dumb ass rules that home owner associations have?

This is also a garbage article in spots. The author of this article tried to make it into a race issue because for 5 years in the 1940's they didn't allow Catholics, Jews, or Blacks. They also try to label Michigan as some "KKK hot bed."

I'm not saying there was never discrimination, but The truth is that Michigan never had Jim Crow laws, or Slavery and it has always been a free state. I grew up in a small city in Upper Michigan in a college town that I ended up moving back to. It is a majority white town, but overall the people here are nice, and the furthest thing from racist.
Northern michigan is practically Canada, it must be great.

Gay conversion query

Gay conversion 101 answer

Do you think it is widespread belief or a fringe abuse like many things? Do you think it is fair to frame the question in such an absolutist right/wrong fashion? Things look much more complex, and I will demonstrate the surface what may be deep waters.

I am not for it, for one, but the questions are much more dangerous in the future we are dealing with.

If someone wants to "not be" gay and is over 18 should they agree to try and find out? Should they be barred from that or say from being black and wanting their skin to be white and dying it to do so? One is skin deep... or is it? If you are transexual and want to become a man or woman...

We are only beginning to understand the influences of these things, and do not seem to care much about how they influence real people.

If there is a gene that would change someone from gay to straight, and they wanted to live a "hetro" life could something be activated chemically to alter their desire, or to alter an embryo or child?

Probably. Is that a good thing? Very, very debatable of course.

The vast majority of Christians would say a free society should decide.

What I would make a every educated guess is that a lot of Confucian societies will immediately take that action that we would think unthinkable... because their moral code is not based on those presumptions, presumptions that come from...

Gay license 101 answer

Hard question - is a cake artwork? is being compelled to make something for something a free speech matter?

Of course millions of Christians, Jews, Muslims, or believers that their true sexual identity is as a hir might wonder. The slope is incredibly slippery and our footing on this culturally divided nation is often poor.

Gay abortion bombing answer

Whose poll? Or how about, how do you wish to word the poll? Could be fair or grossly unfair as follows...

Would sympathy mean: A. Wanting justice for murder and just understanding the sentiment or B. Not wanting justice for murder and supporting the killer?

If A. I would bet more than a few would understandably be sympathetic, if B. I doubt you'll find a large audience.

As well, "how many Christians are lining up to shoot an abortionist" seems to have the answer "very, very, very few" out of tens of millions.

We can further that by saying that a Guilt by Association fallacy would be rather ugly to smear on tens of millions of people when the idea of Christianity you are looking at might be a radical extreme, a David Koresh size Strawman of the faith. Perhaps?

Back