The metal thread \m/

They tour with Metallica.

I take it you weren't a fan of Opeth's "Damnation" album?
Touring with Metallica does not make you a metal band. Its about music you play, not who you tour with. I think Ghost plays pop music with guitars, you may have a different opinion, and I think there is nothing wrong with us not agreeing on this subject.
To answer your question, I am not a fan of Opeth in general.

Touring with Metallica does not make you a metal band. Its about music you play, not who you tour with. I think Ghost plays pop music with guitars, you may have a different opinion, and I think there is nothing wrong with us not agreeing on this subject.
Fair enough my friend.

I agree btw, nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion.

Crossfaith covering Prodigy's "Omen" in 2011.

I agree, I'd never heard their music when I saw them at a festival, it immediately struck me that their attire didn't match their music, was strange to watch (especially when very baked ha ha)

My fav album atm is probably Februus by Uneven Structure. Crack the Skye by Mastodon is also a fucking class, just saw them live 6 months ago. Seeing The Contortionist on the 10th also \m/

Another band I love is called Animals As Leaders, i've seen them twice live and they blow me away every fucking time. They are the only pure instrumental metal (prog) I listen to.

Great new release from an excellent, classy band.

I love seeing Metal from across the world. Especially from Africa.

People often accuse Metal of being "Too white" and it's not unfair, but there are alot of different ethnic groups from every country that listen to and play metal.

One of my favorite YouTube guilty pleasures are these 2 dudes that go by the handle Lost In Vegas, especially when they review a metal or country song. Here they are reacting to a Gojira song for the first time.

And subsequent reactions to the band's songs, as they slowly become more exposed to the metal world.

Haven't made it through all 39 pages in full yet... any other Gojira fans here? (I happen to be wearing one of their shirts as I type this.)

One of my favorite YouTube guilty pleasures are these 2 dudes that go by the handle Lost In Vegas, especially when they review a metal or country song. Here they are reacting to a Gojira song for the first time.

And subsequent reactions to the band's songs, as they slowly become more exposed to the metal world.

Haven't made it through all 39 pages in full yet... any other Gojira fans here? (I happen to be wearing one of their shirts as I type this.)

When this popped up in my youtube notifications I immediately stopped what I was doing to watch it. I am very late to the Gojira party. Only got into them about 7 months ago but god damn I have now fallen in love with their music. Also Lost In Vegas are great. I been following them from near the beginning and I like their honesty. We haven't gotten any new Gojira reviews in a bit and I wonder if it is because George went and listened to their other stuff. Still good to see they enjoy Gojira and also that they liked Devin Townsend but who the fuck doesn't!

When this popped up in my youtube notifications I immediately stopped what I was doing to watch it. I am very late to the Gojira party. Only got into them about 7 months ago but god damn I have now fallen in love with their music. Also Lost In Vegas are great. I been following them from near the beginning and I like their honesty. We haven't gotten any new Gojira reviews in a bit and I wonder if it is because George went and listened to their other stuff. Still good to see they enjoy Gojira and also that they liked Devin Townsend but who the fuck doesn't!

I've only been listening to Gojira for about a year and a half myself. I get turned onto bands purely by chance a lot of times; in this case it was seeing a YouTube clip where Myles Kennedy was singing while wearing a Gojira shirt. A quick bit of googling revealed they'd opened for Alter Bridge during a tour segment and next thing you know, I was devouring every Gojira clip I could find on YouTube.

Speaking of getting turned onto bands by chance, thanks bros for all the links in this thread. Lots of great stuff I already know and like, but a whole of new (to me) bands to check out as well.

Another band I love is called Animals As Leaders, i've seen them twice live and they blow me away every fucking time. They are the only pure instrumental metal (prog) I listen to.

Saw them open for Messhuga about 5 years ago. Those guys play at such a high level it's amazing.

I by "accident" dropped a tab of acid an hour or so again and this is great right now. OM!

Saw them open for Messhuga about 5 years ago. Those guys play at such a high level it's amazing.

I missed Meshuggah and even had tickets for them but my dog had to be rushed to the Vet urgent and suddenly. I'm glad she's okay but ... MESHUGGAH COME ON. AAL is so rad, absolutely incredible musicianship.

A bit of what I've been listening to this evening...Steve Tucker's (of Morbid Angel) other band:

Old Bridge, NJ's Blessed Death - some might not dig the vocals, but this album rips:

Back