The metal thread \m/

Hell yeah. I didn't think anyone else on Sherdog listened to the band that coined the term murder
Macabre was, together with Venom, the band that got me into metal in the first place. So yeah, it's kinda natural that they are my favorite metal band ever.

Macabre was, together with Venom, the band that got me into metal in the first place. So yeah, it's kinda natural that they are my favorite metal band ever.
I got into Metal via the cliche route of hearing Metallica many moons ago. So glad I found out about Macabre because A)I am fascinated with serial killers and B)Macabre makes amazing Death Metal about serial killers and C)they made a whole album about Jeffrey Dahmer

I got into Metal via the cliche route of hearing Metallica many moons ago. So glad I found out about Macabre because A)I am fascinated with serial killers and B)Macabre makes amazing Death Metal about serial killers and C)they made a whole album about Jeffrey Dahmer
The Dahmer Album is how i stumbled over them. I was researching information about Serial Killers and happened to find "Jeffrey Dahmer and the Chocolate Factory".

The Dahmer Album is how i stumbled over them. I was researching information about Serial Killers and happened to find "Jeffrey Dahmer and the Chocolate Factory".
The same man. Was reading up on Dahmer and a friend showed me the song Dog Guts and I hear Jeffrey was a boy who didn't like his toys instead he'd dissect road kill cause that's what he enjoyed. I couldn't believe how good the song was and realized it was about Jeffrey Dahmer,. Was then told about the band and that this song is from the album Jeff. This was sometime in 2004 and I been a fan ever since

Hell yeah. I didn't think anyone else on Sherdog listened to the band that coined the term murder metal
Hell yeah. I didn't think anyone else on Sherdog listened to the band that coined the term murder metal
I used to have their album Sinister Slaughter. “Jeffrey lived in Milwaukee with 11 men but they were in pieces cause he dismembered them”. Fuck I wish I was 15 again

Fantastic. Pure Brutality. One of the best death metal albums I've heard, period.

Not the biggest metal head in the world... but just found out Judas Priest just released a new album this year. “Firepower”.

And it’s fucking awesome

One of my favorite bass players. I saw them some years back opening for Nile and Napalm Death.

One of my favorite bass players. I saw them some years back opening for Nile and Napalm Death.
Nice to see him get some appreciation too. Usually metalheads are most impressed with Dennis the Menace on the drums, who, to be fair, is insanely good as well.

Nice to see him get some appreciation too. Usually metalheads are most impressed with Dennis the Menace on the drums, who, to be fair, is insanely good as well.
I love his bass tone on this song.

How is this metal? They are softer than Bon Jovi's later albums.
They tour with Metallica.

I take it you weren't a fan of Opeth's "Damnation" album?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back