The metal thread \m/

The first time I ever heard or saw Slayer was in Hit Parader back when I was about 11 - a small article towards the bottom of a page with a write-up on the two bands known as "Slayer" - the San Antonio Slayer and the "California" Slayer...the pic of Slayer with Kathryn Hanneman being "sacrificed" alongside it. The two bands eventually performed together in 1984 in San Antonio - one of my favorite bootlegs:

Are these "metal" enough for the thread?

Last edited:
Not usually my sort of thing but I heard it on a podcast a while back and it's steadily grown on me. Vocals are a bit much for me, but musically I really like it.

Not usually my sort of thing but I heard it on a podcast a while back and it's steadily grown on me. Vocals are a bit much for me, but musically I really like it.

Which vocals? The cleans or the harsh?

Same for me: I heard this song on the "Song Exploder" podcast, was intrigued by it.

Awesome live performance, who knew they'd end up on Jimmy Fallon?

Just bought the most recent MOONSORROW.

I know I'm late to the party but good lord, what a powerful, breathtaking record.

Last edited:
^^^^ Nice mix I'm enjoying the melodic elements of Phlebotomized and Storms of the Light's Bane is a masterpiece imo.

New Akercocke is fucking killer

Back