The Maze Runner series: Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, Death Cure

I don't love it, but it refers to "the scorched earth."

Originality is usually a good thing, but I think re-using any overdone terms for a wasteland would have been better than The Scorch.

I would have gone with Maze Runner: The Fiery Wasteland Zapper Super Test

Originality is usually a good thing, but I think re-using any overdone terms for a wasteland would have been better than The Scorch.

I would have gone with Maze Runner: The Fiery Wasteland Zapper Super Test

All right.

Just saw death cure!

I liked the first movie despite the awful dialogue and then annoying naming of everything (we call it the glade; we call them grievers; we call them slicers; we call him greeny etc etc), it was a thrill watching those guys run around.

Second movie was pretty bad.

Death cure is probably the best of the series. Non stop action...I was pretty much in shock over how much action there was actually, almost to the point of overkill in what was a really long movie.

The lack of bloody violence takes a bit if adjusting to but after that I found it to be a really fun time. Well acted compared to the previous movies, and the action was done well and realistic.

Brought the feels too, a bit.

So is the "young-adult-fiction-movie-adaptions" boom officially over now?

Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger games, Divergent, maze runner etc have all ended their series .

Worth mentioning that there is one major major major plot hole in this movie that needs explaining

So in this movie Teresa steals a sample of Thomas's blood, tests it and discovers that he is the cure for the virus (even though they end up ignoring it and abandoning the rest of the human race at the end) ....

......didn't they take his blood at all during the past 2 movies when they had him in prisoned or when he used to work with them in the lab?? Weren't they supposed to be using these guys to find the cure?? Doesn't make sense

Well, they're kinda not.

True, but none of the other series seem to have such childish titles. I actually liked the first two Hunger Games movies, so I'm not completely closed minded to these types of series.

Just saw death cure!

I liked the first movie despite the awful dialogue and then annoying naming of everything (we call it the glade; we call them grievers; we call them slicers; we call him greeny etc etc), it was a thrill watching those guys run around.

Second movie was pretty bad.

Death cure is probably the best of the series. Non stop action...I was pretty much in shock over how much action there was actually, almost to the point of overkill in what was a really long movie.

The lack of bloody violence takes a bit if adjusting to but after that I found it to be a really fun time. Well acted compared to the previous movies, and the action was done well and realistic.

Brought the feels too, a bit.

Cool man, glad to hear that you liked it. Just from some of other stuff I've read, it sounds like it's at least better than the second one.

I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger and check it out tonight.

I gotta say, even though it's on-the-nose as all hell, I actually think The Death Cure sounds like a cool title.

Its the kind of title that could be decent if it were used in a non literal fashion, here though it sounds cheesey as hell, especially used as a subtitle.

Honestly though I avoid all this young adult stuff like the plague so I can't comment on the films themselves.

I gotta say, even though it's on-the-nose as all hell, I actually think The Death Cure sounds like a cool title.
Could be a lot worse.

I defy anyone to tell me the names of all the divergent movies in order without looking it up

Could be a lot worse.

I defy anyone to tell me the names of all the divergent movies in order without looking it up

Couldn't even begin to tell you. I think there's one called Allegiant or something.

I heard those films weren't very good so I didn't fuck with them.

Couldn't even begin to tell you. I think there's one called Allegiant or something.

I heard those films weren't very good so I didn't fuck with them.

When has that ever stopped you?

Back