The Mauler relentlessly pursuing DC - Prepared to go to HW if that's what it will take.

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

(Video in Svenska with Eng subtitles)

“It’s frustrating because he has something I want.“He doesn’t come back down and face me and he’s keeping the belt. But at the same time, the hunt isn’t over. … I might continue chasing [DC]. If I need to move up to heavyweight to face him, I will.

It’s funny, it’s clear he doesn’t want to face me. First of all, he is never coming back down to light heavyweight. He is struggling to stay at heavyweight. DC is a big boy, as tall as he is wide. I don’t think he will go down again. He loves food and loves to eat. To sacrifice so much with dieting and food and then going down to face me? I think I will have to move to heavyweight to get a piece of DC again.

“DC is smart and he’s a big inspiration for me. Thirty-nine years old and two belts. I can’t really trash the guy and I can’t really have beef with him. I think he’s great in every way, it just sucks that he has my belt. Let’s see how we solve it.”

daniel-cormier-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-192.jpg

"It just sucks that he has my belt"

<36>

<JonesLaugh>

What happened to this Rountree call out.
I don't want to say it cause I think Gus is one of the top 2-3 205ers in world but I think he's sees Khalil and he's having flashbacks of Rumble.
#risky

this dude doesnt even fight,last time i remember this guy being in the octagon was against dc?

i dont care

Gus really likes to get KTFO by black dudes. DC would murder him at HW. He was snapping his head in the clinch like it was PEZ

Man up and fight rountree

DC fought a late replacement unranked Patrick Cummins when he didn't need too, I don't see why Gus can't do the same

Obviously the term "my belt" is annoying when said fighter has actually gotten not only two title shots, and lost, but also lost the contenders match and yet still got the chance to fight for the belt.

Then again, Gus did lose via split decision (DC) and in a very close fight (Jones), so it's not that he's talking completely nonsense.

This entitlement is ridiculou. Between fighting once a year and pondering retirement, still acting as if he is entitled to a titleshot. As if the LHW division is not shitty enough already, that the least active fighter in the top 10 should be rewarded with the shot.

(Video in Svenska with Eng subtitles)

“It’s frustrating because he has something I want.“He doesn’t come back down and face me and he’s keeping the belt. But at the same time, the hunt isn’t over. … I might continue chasing [DC]. If I need to move up to heavyweight to face him, I will.

It’s funny, it’s clear he doesn’t want to face me. First of all, he is never coming back down to light heavyweight. He is struggling to stay at heavyweight. DC is a big boy, as tall as he is wide. I don’t think he will go down again. He loves food and loves to eat. To sacrifice so much with dieting and food and then going down to face me? I think I will have to move to heavyweight to get a piece of DC again.

“DC is smart and he’s a big inspiration for me. Thirty-nine years old and two belts. I can’t really trash the guy and I can’t really have beef with him. I think he’s great in every way, it just sucks that he has my belt. Let’s see how we solve it.”

daniel-cormier-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-192.jpg

just curious, why aren't we saying many 6 foot 4 guys in lhw?? most seem to be around 6 foot 1 or 2 ish.

The guy isn't even getting a shot at the 205 belt... much less at heavyweight. Sorry but let the man make his money.

Posts like the one above make me laugh. Living proof of retardation.
Ilir Latifi is 34 years old. A muslim born in Sweden 34 years ago? Gasp shock!

What happened to this Rountree call out.
I don't want to say it cause I think Gus is one of the top 2-3 205ers in world but I think he's sees Khalil and he's having flashbacks of Rumble.
#risky

The tiny difference is that Rountree is not even top50 ranked LHW. But yeah Im sure Gus is scared of some random non top50 fighter.

Back