The Mandela effect and the JFK assassination.

As for JFK, I remember the driver turning around right when JFK gets shot. It's not there anymore

Also "Life is like a box of chocolates"

Is now "Life was like a box of chocolates"

I heard another Mandela effect thing the other day. In the movie Moonraker there's a scene where a girl smiles at Jaws and he smiles back showing his metal teeth. Apparently most people remember the girl as having braces. Hence why he shows her his teeth. But the girl does not have braces. I don't remember the scene personally.

What if I told you... Morpheus never said said "what if I told you...", haha there are so many changes its basically just a fact something is going on. Decent list of quotes at the end of this video if you skip past his jibber jabber.

I thought the guy from Back to the Future, Christopher Loyd had passed away some time ago. Caught me off guard to realize that hadn't happened.

I thought the guy from Back to the Future, Christopher Loyd had passed away some time ago. Caught me off guard to realize that hadn't happened.

I learned recently that the Christopher Loydd behind the shows Frasier and Modern Family is not the actor.

I came here after watching the new angry nerd game video on bernstains bears , I was not familiar with the characthers but got the itch to look for more examples.

The fact there is no Sinbad movie were he plays a genie did hit me. I remember thinking the genie guy was appearing alongside Arnold in jingle all the way way back when that movie came out.

BTW I dont believe in some complex theory parallel universe theory, but it does feel weird when a memory is proven false, it makes you question things about your infancy.

Last edited:
As for JFK, I remember the driver turning around right when JFK gets shot. It's not there anymore

Its there, acouple of years ago some people were saying he made a second shot, but it was a effect created by the glow in the hair of the guy in the passanger seat and the driver turning his head at the exact time.

There are lots of videos in yt (i dont link cause Im not sure if I can post it here).

What if I told you... Morpheus never said said "what if I told you...", haha there are so many changes its basically just a fact something is going on. Decent list of quotes at the end of this video if you skip past his jibber jabber.

The something is just people having faulty memories.

I learned recently that the Christopher Loydd behind the shows Frasier and Modern Family is not the actor.

I always assumed it was the same guy and that's why he wasn't acting any more! But then I saw him in Piranha 3D.

I was blowing minds by asking people about "the Mandela effect" recently and when I got around to the "do you remember that family of cartoon bears" question, one of them said the bearenstAIN bears... I was crushed. It was as if my knowledge of the false nature of our current reality was proven false in an instant. Everything I thought I didn't know was shown to be known...

nothing crazy going on here. people are just sheep and will remember whatever everyone else tells them

I believe a lot of these "Mandela Effects" are due to Simpsons being so damn quotable and repeated on tv all the time.

I was born in '86 and saw most of these episodes of the Simpon's many times before I saw the movies.

Here to blow this thing wide open all these episodes are about 20+ years old.

How many of you were aware the Lindbergh baby was found in 1932? Until a few weeks ago I had thought he was never found.

Simpsons - I had no knowledge of the Lindbergh baby before I saw this episode of Simpsons so I assumed they never found him and this was all I ever knew about it.

It is freaky for sure. Especially quotes that ALL of us get wrong. How many times have we all said "Hello Clarice" in Silence of The Lambs? Now it's Good Evening Clarice. Or "Houston we have a problem" is now "Ah, Houston we've had a problem"

giphy.gif

Hey I completely understand how untrustworthy ones memory can be but even James Earl Jones who played Darth Vader says that it was "Luke I am your father." I find it highly unlikely HE got it wrong as well. Now it is possible we all make memory mistakes but HE read the original script.

I saw this episode a bunch of times as a kid and James Earl Jones himself says 'Luke, I am your Father' that's probably why he remembers it like that.

Another one I've seen as a 'Mandela Effect' is this famous scene from A Few Good Men.

People remember it as 'You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth!'

But actually Tom Cruise says 'I want the truth!'.
Nicholson Replies 'You can't handle the truth!'.

Now Sideshow Bob on the other hand...

Last edited:
I didn't believe in it until I saw "Looney Tunes"

I thought it was "Looney Toons".

Does the time @grinderman and half of sherdog thought Jeremiah Johnson was played by Zach Galifianakis instead of Robert Redford count as the Mandela effect?

{<redford}

I came here after watching the new angry nerd game video on bernstains bears , I was not familiar with the characthers but got the itch to look for more examples.

The fact there is no Sinbad movie were he plays a genie did hit me. I remember thinking the genie guy was appearing alongside Arnold in jingle all the way way back when that movie came out.

BTW I dont believe in some complex theory parallel universe theory, but it does feel weird when a memory is proven false, it makes you question things about your infancy.

Whoa, this whole Sinbad never being a genie thing is blowing my fucking mind. I clearly remember the picture of a movie cover with a purple/bluish type background that looked kind of sparkly with him dressed as a genie while standing cross armed and cross legged right in front.

I looked it up and it doesn't even exist! Closest thing is Shaq's Shazaam but I knew about that movie and am not mixing the two up.

Crazy shit.

always 6 people because the governer was in the car as well and he was shot in the wrist. nobody watched JFK???

I believe a lot of these "Mandela Effects" are due to Simpsons being so damn quotable and repeated on tv all the time.

I was born in '86 and saw most of these episodes of the Simpon's many times before I saw the movies.

Here to blow this thing wide open all these episodes are about 20+ years old.

Simpsons - I had no knowledge of the Lindbergh baby before I saw this episode of Simpsons so I assumed they never found him and this was all I ever knew about it.

giphy.gif

I saw this episode a bunch of times as a kid and James Earl Jones himself says 'Luke, I am your Father' that's probably why he remembers it like that.

Another one I've seen as a 'Mandela Effect' is this famous scene from A Few Good Men.

People remember it as 'You want the Truth? You can't handle the truth!'

But actually Tom Cruise says 'I want the truth!'.
Nicholson Replies 'You can't handle the truth!'.

Now Sideshow Bob on the other hand...

Awesome post, and goes to.show why this is most common with famous movie quotes. It's like the 'telephone game' through 25-50 years of popular satire and reuse. And the Simpsons is just one of many places 99% of these quotes have reappeared. It'd be an anomaly if people don't remember them incorrectly.

Whoa, this whole Sinbad never being a genie thing is blowing my fucking mind. I clearly remember the picture of a movie cover with a purple/bluish type background that looked kind of sparkly with him dressed as a genie while standing cross armed and cross legged right in front.

I looked it up and it doesn't even exist! Closest thing is Shaq's Shazaam but I knew about that movie and am not mixing the two up.

Crazy shit.

But this pisses me off because I too remember Sinbad being a genie in some crappy 90's movie, and all I can think of is 'im thinking of kazaam'. But confusing Sinbad and Shaq is like confusing Larry Bird and Ian McKellan. And I'm positive Sinbads genie movie was wsy before kazaam.

That and berenstein fuck me up those most. The movie misquotes have had websites dedicated to them before the Mandela Effect was a thing. So that's pretty easy to explain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back