The Mandela effect and the JFK assassination.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Mandela effect is essentially when a person or group of people remember an event or something happening one way but it turns out that the event never happened or has changed in some way.

The Mandela effect's names originates from people who thought that Nelson Mandela died while imprisoned in South Africa in the mid-eighties. Now of course anyone not born in that time period can't know if Nelson Mandela really died in prison but luckily for us there are plenty other more modern instances of the Mandela effect.

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood opening theme.

There are many more examples of the Mandela effect but the one I want to focus on the most that made me really consider this is the Kennedy assassination footage. I had recently watched the footage and then a few months later it was different then what I remembered. There are 6 people in the car not 4 as there used to be.

I'm not sold on the Mandela effect because I know how unreliable the mind can be but I definitely remember things differently.

What's your opinion on the Mandela effect?

Last edited:
Well, I know that it was Berenstein Bears and I'll take a polygraph.

Memory isn't reliable. Malcolm Gladwell did a nice podcast on why.

South Park 'member berries also have some wisdom on the subject

Well, I know that it was Berenstein Bears and I'll take a polygraph.
Agreed, I don't know where Berenstain Bears came from it irks me to even hear it. Here's a youtuber who found the old website that says Berenstein Bears.

There's also a guy who found an old TV guide.

Memory isn't reliable. Malcolm Gladwell did a nice podcast on why.

South Park 'member berries also have some wisdom on the subject
Agreed, that's why I'm not fully on board with this yet.

Just more proof that were living in the matrix

I only skimmed the second video. They're saying Jackie Kennedy shot JFK? WTF does that have to do with the Mandela effect regarding whether it was a six seater or four seater? Anyway, I've always known it as a six seater so I don't know what else to say.

Also

+1 on Berenstein bears

I only skimmed the second video. They're saying Jackie Kennedy shot JFK? WTF does that have to do with the Mandela effect regarding whether it was a six seater or four seater? Anyway, I've always known it as a six seater so I don't know what else to say.

Also

+1 on Berenstein bears
There are 6 people in the car NOT 4 as it was before. That Jackie shot JFK stuff is just silly, I'll try to find a better video.

There are 6 people in the car NOT 4 as it was before. That Jackie shot JFK stuff is just silly, I'll try to find a better video.

When Scyther doesn't like a conspiracy, you KNOW it is shit.

Who the fuck ever thought it was 4? It's always been 6 in my memory.

Perhaps the past off-tracks in relation to the future.

I guess I never put any thought into it but I knew that the bullet went through JFK and hit the congressmen or whoever that was in front of him and that the secret service guys were up front. Guess I just never thought about there being 6 people in the car.

Mandela effect goes deep, gotta include the CERN angle, time travel, John titor, stein-gate anime, etc Bernstain is just the beginning, check out some world maps, Star Wars Luke I am your father line, if you build it ? Will come, forest grump life ? Like a box of chocolates, this one is a good one!

Mandela effect goes deep, gotta include the CERN angle, time travel, John titor, stein-gate anime, etc Bernstain is just the beginning, check out some world maps, Star Wars Luke I am your father line, if you build it ? Will come, forest grump life ? Like a box of chocolates, this one is a good one!

What about the world maps?

What about the world maps?
Go look at some, Madagascar is huge, New Zealand could be on a different side of Australia, Japan may be nearer to South Korea, there might be some new island up around the North Pole called svalbard and shit, there's YouTube videos and a website, obviously it's quite non-falsifiable given the premise is a dimension shift you somehow remember, but can be pretty wild if you find one you are absolutely sure about. Georgraphy buffs see the map changes and care, Christians noticed changes in the bible, etc you need strong memories or else who cares

Go look at some, Madagascar is huge, New Zealand could be on a different side of Australia, Japan may be nearer to South Korea, there might be some new island up around the North Pole called svalbard and shit, there's YouTube videos and a website, obviously it's quite non-falsifiable given the premise is a dimension shift you somehow remember, but can be pretty wild if you find one you are absolutely sure about. Georgraphy buffs see the map changes and care, Christians noticed changes in the bible, etc you need strong memories or else who cares

I think a lot of it is from stretching so we can view flat maps. Like Greenland looking big as fuck until you found out it wasn't actually the size of a continent. Never heard of Svalbard before...that's kind of weird. The Dazed and Confused globe had me going for a minute until I read the comments and realized it could have just been the brand name for the globe right there and not some random country.

Back