The man who created Canelo

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Yeah a bit click bait but this is a reminder how good as a fighter Oscar was be it fishnets or not

Don't melt

Don't melt

swooning.gif

Canelo was made before he entered golden boy prom

DLH would have ko'ed conor he was a beast before he got into coke and drinking he probably gave floyd his toughest fight.

Was randomly looking for an Oscar technique breakdown video but all I found was this:

From this vid, I am thinking of how similar he is to Pacquiao in that they are dependent on their power way more than technique. They are at their best in throwing combinations against immobile opponents.

That's probably why they brought in Sturm for Oscar to "beat"- a bigger, slower, lesser output guy to win a new title against, just like Pacquiao and Margarito.

Last edited:
Oscar had a sporadic and infrequent last couple of years, but even then he was willing to take massive risks. He gets flak but overall, he is a fighter I have a ton of respect for. He took a ton of risks and fought probably more guys at their absolute peak than any other modern fighter. May and Pac both picked an old Oscar, but Oscar's losses all came to guys that were real ass-kickers riding a wave of momentum: Tito, Mosley (x2), Bhop, Mayweather, and Pac. All of those guys were peaking, and four of those 6 bouts were close.

Much respect. His biggest problem, from my perspective as an outsider, was his inconsistency. Switching camps, sometimes having curious gameplans, etc. all cost him in some big fights.

Who else thought this was gonna be a pic of Canelo's dad?

Was randomly looking for an Oscar technique breakdown video but all I found was this:

From this vid, I am thinking of how similar he is to Pacquiao in that they are dependent on their power way more than technique. They are at their best in throwing combinations against immobile opponents.

That's probably why they brought in Sturm for Oscar to "beat"- a bigger, slower, lesser output guy to win a new title against, just like Pacquiao and Margarito.

he lost to sturm

Oscar was a good champion and a good Olympic Gold Medal winner, but he made his name beating little champions at their natural weight class, but not his natural weight clas. When Oscar had to move up and fight fighters more his size, he started losing and then when he finally went against fighters his size he couldn't step it up. Remember Oscar is 5ft11 fighting fighters that were
Super featherweight
Lightweight
Light welterweight
Welterweight

When Oscars true weight class should of been Middle weight and super middle weight and light heavy weight, Oscar should of dominated these weight classes but he couldn't because he wasn't that good skill wise, he had to use his size and strength advantage to destroy much smaller fighters, only to eventually get dominated by, two naturally smaller fighters in Paquiao and Floyd, who are naturally smaller men then Oscar is, go figure.

If you want to give Oscar credit for beating fighters 5 times smaller then him, then that's your choice, but i can't give someone who is 5ft11 that walks around at 180, 190, pounds naturally, beating guys at super featherweight, lightweight, light welterweight. Then moves up and can't beat fighters his own size and strength.

At least Floyd and Paquiao and other smaller fighters started at light weight classes and them also being naturally smaller fighters, were also able to beat and dominated fighters that were naturally bigger and stronger then themselves, examples.

Floyd vs Canelo, with Canelo fighting now at 160 pounds and almost beating GGG.
Floyd vs Oscar, nobody can't deny Oscar was much bigger then Floyd and Floyd could barely make 150 pounds.
Paquiao vs everyone at 147, nobody can't deny Manny was a very small welter weight fighter, just look at him body wise against Horn. also against other welter weight fighters like Margarito and others.

If, Oscar was 5ft7, 5ft8, and started off at 130 pounds and then moved all the way up to 160 pounds but only lost to middle weight fighters and finally lost when he was past prime, then Oscar would get 100% full credit and would be a all time great champion.

But Oscar is 5ft11, 5ft10, beating naturally smaller fighters which he should be beating them, being an Olympic Gold medal champion. But can't beat fighters a little smaller then himself at 155 and can't even beat fighters his own size and strength at 155 and 160 pounds.

All said and done Oscar is a good champion, that wasn't an all time great champion and can't sit at Floyd, Paquiao"s and the other all time great champions table, but only can sit, with the good champions, table of Boxing.

I assumed the guy that created Canelo was the guy that invented the sauna suit.

So Oscar realises the most referenced picture of his is wearing an... interesting outfit. So decides riding a multi colored piñata is he way forward (I appreciate its not a new photograph).

Back