The Man of Steel got better with every watch, admit it.

supermanrooftop.jpgNo1 favorite character ever. The hero we don't deserve.

I always like Man of Steel. Amy Adams was cute. I just wished they did not kill Zod, and hope they bring back Faora (Antje Traue). She is just stuck in Phantom Zone again. It is not impossible.

The problem I have with Superman stems from I am used to the post golden and silver age when where Superman is basically a goddamn God with all these powers that I just don't get how people can root for a person that has no flaws/need to overcoming something.

Even goddamn Captain America and Thor have flaws and ways to get to them that doesn't require a super rare space rock that always glows green.

Superman has tons of flaws.....

1. He's naive.

2. He's extremely judgmental towards anyone that doesn't share his exact moral beliefs.

3. He's slow to anger, but has a terrifying temper when pushed too far

4. He recognizes the vulnerability of the average human, but often forgets most other metahumans aren't anywhere near as powerful as he is. He fails to see how a lack of power can raise the stakes and change someone's world view.

Anyway on topic that movie sucked balls. Terrible characterization of Superman and his parents. He's raised on a farm in Kansas but acts like he's been on earth for 5 minutes, and doesn't understand humans at all. His parents repeatedly tell him "You have the power of a god but fuck it, you don't owe humans anything. Let them die if it compromises your own life in any way."

Which is bullshit because his parents basically being selfless saints is WHY he's not an evil dictator, even with all that power.Very dark and gloomy. Some good action scenes, but that's about it. Cavill is not a good actor, and has zero charisma. It's almost painful watching any scene where he's trying to express ANY emotion.

I see no reason to watch it more than once. There's a lot of movies I haven't seen, so why waste time rewatching a movie I didn't particularly care for?

MoS was a steaming pile of hot garbage with an actor who has zero charisma...admit that.

Not even close to being the best Superman movie of all time.

lol Zod played by Michael Shannon had more charisma. Movie made me root for him :/

I've never understood the hate for MoS or BvS. No one really gives valid reasons why they are bad ether?

Cavill is the best Superman yet, the guy looked amazing, I personally loved the dark, gritty feel to both films and the fight scenes are amazing.

It's unfair to bring up cliches because comics are full of them, guy gets bit by insect becomes superhero and wins heart of love interest blah blah you can't pick and choose they are all the same.

If i've learned anything it's that a movie with a god like character is never gonna be accepted by everyone and critically acclaimed and that is maybe because people cannot relate to what it is they are seeing i.e. Supes, Thor etc.

Where when we look at Logan, Dark Knight etc. they are beloved and regarded (rightly so) as the best super hero films only the heros are hardly super and you can relate to their struggles.

I loved MoS for what it was and same as BvS, mu y inner ten year old screamed when Batman and Superman squared off and when Doomsday turned up.

I always really liked it, but feel it holds up on repeated viewings.

I couldn't even get through a second watch beyond the opening 15 minutes on Krypton it was so dull.

Man of Steel isn't bad, and actually good in parts. But it gets a lot of extra credit that it and Wonder Woman are the only DCEU movies that aren't total garbage fires.

lol Zod played by Michael Shannon had more charisma. Movie made me root for him :/
Truth! I wanted so badly for MoS to be epic. Like it came out a day after my birthday and I'm a huge Superman fan, so I was stoked. I left that theater pissed...

So random story. I saw Michael Shannon in the airport a few years back, and as he was walking, random people were yelling "kneel before Zod!" and random stuff. You can tell he was getting annoyed.

The problem I have with Superman stems from I am used to the post golden and silver age when where Superman is basically a goddamn God with all these powers that I just don't get how people can root for a person that has no flaws/need to overcoming something.

Even goddamn Captain America and Thor have flaws and ways to get to them that doesn't require a super rare space rock that always glows green.

This.

And I never buy any of the things they come up with to challenge him.

Batman poses zero threat to a guy who is as fast as Flash and can incinerate him with one punch. I don't care how much kryptonite he has.

Neither does Lex. It should be literally impossible for him to kidnap his mother without him knowing about it.

Tbh, I'm not even sure which movie that was.

MOS was so much better than BVS but thats not really saying much.

Also DC Is so bad they wanna re set their cinematic universe already with Flashpoint.

DC is like the current White House, a daily train wreck

I didn't like the Reeve movies as a kid, still don't. MoS was decent for me but I don't see it as repeat viewing. It's in the might watch for 15 minutes if it was randomly playing on tv bucket.

BvS...never watched it because i barely made it all the way through the trailer

I had trouble with how Man of Steel made Jonathan Kent a fucking moron.

It is brutally obvious that Snyder doesn't get what people like about Superman. I don't even like Superman much, but holy shit, you get the sense that Snyder fucking hates Superman and everything he stood for.

Also, Snyder has the intrinsic grasp of characterization and human emotion of a mollusk.

If you want to understand why Man of Steel is bad storytelling, then read this: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2013/07/03/film-crit-hulk-man-of-steel. Fair warning, it is super long and the writer's choice of all caps will make your eyes bleed.

Last edited:
Fell asleep the first two times I tried to watch it. It was cool for the parts that I remember lol

Back