The Man of Steel got better with every watch, admit it.

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I grew up on the Reeve movies. For the longest time Superman II was the greatest Superman movie of all time.

When Man of Steel came out, I thought it was just ok. On the second watch, I enjoyed it more. By the 4th watch, I realized it was a better watch for me than Superman II.

The darkness and rawness of the movie is why many critics hated it - for they wanted Clark and Superman to continue the corky, uplifting, guys they have been historically.

Does anyone feel MoS got better and is probably the best Superman movie at this time ?

Oh, Batman v Superman only made me realize how much better MoS was.

I liked the dark feeling but my inability to truly like Superman as a character is what kept me from truly enjoying it I feel.

My favorite "superhero" is the guy in my avatar because he's full of flaws, like a normal human being.

I grew up on the Reeve movies. For the longest time Superman II was the greatest Superman movie of all time.

When Man of Steel came out, I thought it was just ok. On the second watch, I enjoyed it more. By the 4th watch, I realized it was a better watch for me than Superman II.

The darkness and rawness of the movie is why many critics hated it - for they wanted Clark and Superman to continue the corky, uplifting, guys they have been historically.

Does anyone feel MoS got better and is probably the best Superman movie at this time ?

From first watch I though Man of Steel was the best Superman movie to date, and I still feel that way. It gets hate that I don't understand.

MoS was a steaming pile of hot garbage with an actor who has zero charisma...admit that.

Not even close to being the best Superman movie of all time.

I liked the dark feeling but my inability to truly like Superman as a character is what kept me from truly enjoying it I feel.

My favorite "superhero" is the guy in my avatar because he's full of flaws, like a normal human being.

Punisher is a damn good character, I'll give you that !

Punisher is a damn good character, I'll give you that !
The problem I have with Superman stems from I am used to the post golden and silver age when where Superman is basically a goddamn God with all these powers that I just don't get how people can root for a person that has no flaws/need to overcoming something.

Even goddamn Captain America and Thor have flaws and ways to get to them that doesn't require a super rare space rock that always glows green.

The problem I have with Superman stems from I am used to the post golden and silver age when where Superman is basically a goddamn God with all these powers that I just don't get how people can root for a person that has no flaws/need to overcoming something.

Even goddamn Captain America and Thor have flaws and ways to get to them that doesn't require a super rare space rock that always glows green.

Superman is basically Jesus who comes to Earth to save humanity. In that sense he is a bland character. I just think MoS made him more human and flawed - especially Clark's character.

I still haven't been able to sit thru the whole thing yet, so I'd say 'nope'

Haven't made it thru Batman Vs Superman either fwiw

Nah it's the opposite for me. Watched it opening night in IMAX and was blown away.

Watched it a couple months later and thought it was just aight.

Watched it one more time a few months later and found it to be quite terrible.

Superman is basically Jesus who comes to Earth to save humanity. In that sense he is a bland character. I just think MoS made him more human and flawed - especially Clark's character.
I think that's partially what makes me no a huge fan of the new SM film. The writers were a bit.. heavy-handed with the messiah thing... same as HBO with Dany in GoT...

Eh, I like the fast forward button for MOS. But overall. I like it.

The prologue Krypton scenes were gorgeous. Loved that.

I skip all the flashback kid stuff, which is lame, forced melodrama, and a bit cliche'.

I like when Zod and his gang show up. The more time spent in the present was better for the movie. The only part after that I didn't like was the way too long fight with Zod at the end and saving that helpless family bit.

I actually liked it, but I'm not watching it four times.

I actually thought it got worse the more I saw it.

Its a DAMN shame WB didnt get Russell Crowe to do Jor-el in the rest of the DC spin off movies. Have him in the Justice league as a jon jones type mentor. The man was brilliant as JOR-el. The only thing bad about man of steel was the casting of lois..

Its more based off moses. But thanks for trying millenial troll..

it actually got worse for me because I saw MoS in theaters .MoS is a better than BvS though. BvS and suicide squad is the only reason I didn't go watch wonder woman in theaters I'm not giving DC anymore money.

Being better than Superman 2 isn't some great achievement. That movie is a mess

I ain't no comic junky, so my opinion is limited, but Man of Steel is my favorite super hero movie.

Back